What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Lindap118

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. I’m T2 and have a FBG at 8 this morning. I don’t usually test but have been advised to for a few weeks.
Yesterday I had weetabix and went up to 12. 90 mins later I was at 6.1 and feeling very weak, clammy and shaky.
Need to understand what’s happening. This morning I’ve had yoghurt and raspberries and will test in an hour.
Sorry if I’ve posted in the wrong.

So - 2 hours after a breakfast of yoghurt and raspberries and a coffee with lacto free milk I scored 7.1

. I think I’m happy with that? Should I be?

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. I’m T2 and have a FBG at 8 this morning. I don’t usually test but have been advised to for a few weeks.
Yesterday I had weetabix and went up to 12. 90 mins later I was at 6.1 and feeling very weak, clammy and shaky.
Need to understand what’s happening. This morning I’ve had yoghurt and raspberries and will test in an hour.
Sorry if I’ve posted in the wrong thread.
Welcome @Lindap118. You posted your FBG and gave us some background so this is the right thread.

Reactions: Lindap118

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. I fell off the wagon yesterday with a great big thump! Ate everything that I shouldn't and went to bed on a 10.5. 7.8 this morning. Have a bad head so it serves me right but I am so sick of being diabetic :banghead::banghead::banghead:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. I fell off the wagon yesterday with a great big thump! Ate everything that I shouldn't and went to bed on a 10.5. 7.8 this morning. Have a bad head so it serves me right but I am so sick of being diabetic :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Have a hug and a prayer @RosemaryJackson. Despite everything you are still testing and posting not just giving up. You must be a really good person to be tested in such ways.

finzi1966

Awww Rosemary {{{{hugs}}}} - but 7.8 isn’t TOO bad, is it? Not for a first thing in the morning reading? Yesterday is gone; no, 10.5 isn’t great, but you clearly didn’t stay that way all night, and today is a new day, and your FBG was lower than the day before.

philt68

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Mine is usually between 9 and 12
I don't take much notice of it ... the longer I've fasted at night the higher it is when I take a reading next day

the hospital gives figures in one set of units for their 3 monthly checks and the meter for daily home checks uses different ones.. which is to be frank not much help at all

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
the hospital gives figures in one set of units for their 3 monthly checks and the meter for daily home checks uses different ones.. which is to be frank not much help at all
The lack of informative, relevant and urgent diabetes knowledge is appalling. You’ve never had the option to be taken through what it all can mean. You’re not alone, really you’re not. Our society is drowning in an ocean of sugar and what we get back is “eat more whole foods and definitely pasta and rice”…. What a load of horse manure….

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
4.5 Yahoo! I'm proud of myself :cat:

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 today. I went out yesterday and when i told someone i knew i was diabetic they recommended a jacket potatoe and baked beans for something to eat :). Have a nice day everyone :)

Reactions: iwilltouchyourcat

Lindap118

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. It’s 7.7 for me this morning. I did have a spaghetti Bolognese with red wine and a G&T last night. after 2 hrs I was at 9.8 which is lower than when I had porridge or weetabix. I am rather confused by it all ‍♀️
I’m only just starting to test FBG and had expected a worse result this morning.

Lindap118

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.0 today. I went out yesterday and when i told someone i knew i was diabetic they recommended a jacket potatoe and baked beans for something to eat :). Have a nice day everyone :)
Hi there. Please can you say what you did eat instead? Thanks

danziger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. It’s 7.7 for me this morning. I did have a spaghetti Bolognese with red wine and a G&T last night. after 2 hrs I was at 9.8 which is lower than when I had porridge or weetabix. I am rather confused by it all ‍♀️
I’m only just starting to test FBG and had expected a worse result this morning.
Probably the alcohol! This might help: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/alcohol-and-blood-sugar.html