What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Early dog walk because the boiler engineer should be here between 8am and 12 noon - hopefully.

Feeling lazy this morning so will have one more coffee and read the newspaper before doing admin and lesson planning and then off to Norwich for classes.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ruby Tuesday in the East of England is allegedly full of Eastern Promise - must be the Turkish barber and restaurant in "town." - Ironically? the signs here say welcome to M High town :hilarious: Sincere/heartfelt thank you all so much for the good wishes yesterday. Hard to judge what kind of effort Swipey's 6.3 really is in the circumstances but it just feels like a failure. Expectation management is required. @dunelm thanks for the tree; can Berks take you and @alf_Josiah at the same time? Enjoy your road trip safely. @gennepher I'm still uplifted by the Buddha and candle. You need to advertise for volunteer staff at your diner. Today's kaleidoscope may have required many takes but is stunning so thank you. @Krystyna23040 shame about the boiler engineer but good news on the meal with Mr K. @karen8967 lovely to see you here and with such a good fbg. Thoughts and prayers with you. In my scrambled mind this seems appropriate today. Quick Heads Up fellas, Affirmation is a buzzword/thing - next level to petrol station flowers and chocolates I think. Stay safe, swerve the pomp and circumstance but do connect with your inner Mrsdoasyouwouldbedoneby.
Edit: M High Town is a whole 10 metres above sea level

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.30am FBG 5.8. slightly upset stomach so had ginger tea.

Small girl keen for Kindergarten - waiting by car 30 mins before official departure time. Did I mention the attempts to persuade us to return to kindergarten after hours? Also refusal to get out of car on return to chez moi. How will she cope tomorrow when kindergarten is closed? I can see trip to local market and park as distractions. In the afternoon we are visiting the french neighbour who called a few days ago. She has promised us cake ...
FBG 9.35am 5.4
@ianpspurs So sorry to read you are having further health problems.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.30am FBG 5.8. slightly upset stomach so had ginger tea.

Small girl keen for Kindergarten - waiting by car 30 mins before official departure time. Did I mention the attempts to persuade us to return to kindergarten after hours? Also refusal to get out of car on return to chez moi. How will she cope tomorrow when kindergarten is closed? I can see trip to local market and park as distractions. In the afternoon we are visiting the french neighbour who called a few days ago. She has promised us cake ...
FBG 9.35am 5.4
@ianpspurs So sorry to read you are having further health problems.
Thank you @SlimLizzy

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Hope that your HCPs can discover the reason for your high HbA1c
Thank you@Krystyna. My fbs have been gradually rising for a while despite my low carb way of eating but I'm convinced that this sudden increase is due to the statins I have been trialing for the last 4 months. I have now stopped the statins so it will be interesting if my sugar levels now start to drop. Best wishes.:)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you@Krystyna. My fbs have been gradually rising for a while despite my low carb way of eating but I'm convinced that this sudden increase is due to the statins I have been trialing for the last 4 months. I have now stopped the statins so it will be interesting if my sugar levels now start to drop. Best wishes.:)
@dogslife I will be really interested to see if stopping the statins drops your sugar levels. It will be great if it does. If it is the statins - hopefully it won't take too long to show up in your BS readings. You will then have the proof to show your doctor.

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ruby Tuesday in the East of England is allegedly full of Eastern Promise - must be the Turkish barber and restaurant in "town." - Ironically? the signs here say welcome to M High town :hilarious: Sincere/heartfelt thank you all so much for the good wishes yesterday. Hard to judge what kind of effort Swipey's 6.3 really is in the circumstances but it just feels like a failure. Expectation management is required. @dunelm thanks for the tree; can Berks take you and @alf_Josiah at the same time? Enjoy your road trip safely. @gennepher I'm still uplifted by the Buddha and candle. You need to advertise for volunteer staff at your diner. Today's kaleidoscope may have required many takes but is stunning so thank you. @Krystyna23040 shame about the boiler engineer but good news on the meal with Mr K. @karen8967 lovely to see you here and with such a good fbg. Thoughts and prayers with you. In my scrambled mind this seems appropriate today. Quick Heads Up fellas, Affirmation is a buzzword/thing - next level to petrol station flowers and chocolates I think. Stay safe, swerve the pomp and circumstance but do connect with your inner Mrsdoasyouwouldbedoneby.
Edit: M High Town is a whole 10 metres above sea level
Thanks @ianpspurs
:)
I hope it will uplift you as long as needed!

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
British gas have been phoning Mr K on our landline today to try to sort out an Engineer visit. This afternoon they rang my mobile. I explained that Mr K was at home and it was better to ring him. They don't have our home number. But you have rung our home number several times today already. No we don't have your home number. I gave them our home number.

I phoned Mr K a little later. I won't write here what he said as I would be banned from the site if I did. Hopefully the engineer will visit today.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Afternoon all and sundry, been under the thumb today, Mrs J’s thumb, apparently me, me’s and myself have doing as I am told, this means I may live to annoy Mrs J another day.
Bloods this morning were 5.5
Have a good restful evening all. Stay safe.

Reactions: dogslife

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
British gas have been phoning Mr K on our landline today to try to sort out an Engineer visit. This afternoon they rang my mobile. I explained that Mr K was at home and it was better to ring him. They don't have our home number. But you have rung our home number several times today already. No we don't have your home number. I gave them our home number.

I phoned Mr K a little later. I won't write here what he said as I would be banned from the site if I did. Hopefully the engineer will visit today.
Fingers crossed they will visit @Krystyna23040

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bit of a dull start here daaan saaaf - mind you that is what happened yesterday and it turned out OK. That, in part is because I met up with a couple of pals last seen on lockdown zoom calls. A day of resting up today - I did manage 5000 odd steps yesterday with the help of Tracy Tramadol and have just taken some over the counter stuff but best not to push too hard. Another pal coming over later today for a catch up. Zoom call with Mrs Miggins who is having a splendid time with her sister in Corfu.
Art - can’t see the forest for the tree. Have a splendid day if you can. I need to contact my neighbour about getting the bin out tonight so that it does not feel left out. Koffy, where is that koffy?

upload_2022-5-11_7-19-31.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a bit of a dull start here daaan saaaf - mind you that is what happened yesterday and it turned out OK. That, in part is because I met up with a couple of pals last seen on lockdown zoom calls. A day of resting up today - I did manage 5000 odd steps yesterday with the help of Tracy Tramadol and have just taken some over the counter stuff but best not to push too hard. Another pal coming over later today for a catch up. Zoom call with Mrs Miggins who is having a splendid time with her sister in Corfu.
Art - can’t see the forest for the tree. Have a splendid day if you can. I need to contact my neighbour about getting the bin out tonight so that it does not feel left out. Koffy, where is that koffy?

View attachment 54500
Yes, you had better make sure your wheelie doesn't get left out @dunelm

A good day overall for you yesterday. Leave at least 2 hours between different pain meds (the hospital did that for me some years ago when I needed them). You could always try Arnica as well.

Brilliant tree @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Mr Magpie carried on being quite disturbed yesterday. He wanted frequent supplies for his babies in the nest.

But BBCat was having one of his long slow feeds at the diner cat food bowls. Mr Magpie will not challenge BBCat again after the last episode where he fell off that electric cable trying to attack BBCat who was an immovable force.

Mr Magpie was getting very agaitated. His babies need food now, this minute, and he couldn't wait an hour for BBCat to finish the wet cat food. He was not going to eat from the next bowl along, like he had done previously with Ginger #2.

Mr Magpie was hopping on the camouflage netting on the swing thatch roof (he is the only bird who can land on that camouflage netting), attempted a landing on the swing seat just above BBCat. But he wasn't chancing getting to the next bowl to BBCat. He was desperate for food. I imagined Mrs Magpie screaming from her nest, 'Stop being such a lazy bones, a lousy father, get some food here NOW'.

Finally in total desperation Mr Magpie tried the fatball sparrow/small bird feeders, which I have taped up the top to stop the bigger birds feeding off them. It was comical to watch. He tried every which way to get a foothold. Finally he managed to hang upside down on the fatball feeders, takes a huge chunk in his beak, and flies back to the nest. Obviously Mrs Magpie approved, and he was sent back for more and more...

Creative today is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. My bluebells again! And Shadow. Shadow seems more and more comfortable around me, but she is still a 'swipe with the front paw' cat if I startle her. This morning as I was getting her food, she is being very friendly, so I risked a full body stroke of her. And a second and a third, but when I went to touch her again, she went to go into full swipe mode, BUT she didn't do it. She moved to just over a metre away from me, because she knew she was not allowed to swipe me. And her face said, three stokes was okay, but not four.

I had no clue from her initial body language that the fourth stroke wouldn't be allowed, but I was probably pushing it a bit with her...

Time for a coffee....

image.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, you had better make sure your wheelie doesn't get left out @dunelm

A good day overall for you yesterday. Leave at least 2 hours between different pain meds (the hospital did that for me some years ago when I needed them). You could always try Arnica as well.

Brilliant tree @dunelm
@gennepher I use Arnica also. After my RTA we were on holiday in the Loire Valley and I asked a pharmacist for some ibuprofen cream. He advised me to use Arnica cream instead. I was a bit (actually very) dubious but did try it and was surprised how well it worked. Have used it ever since.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Very early dog walk. Engineer is here. Will take 4 hours to do the repair. Good that the boiler is repairable.