What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs Hilary has completed the radiotherapy and the doctors have yet to decide on a date for the major op. It will be a huge op as it has spread from her bowel to her bladder and other places. Her daughter has been brilliant and is really supporting her through her ordeal.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunny Breckland Thursday here and for a few days ahead. Between Swipey's last few hours and some other issues I forget just now my fbg report says could do better but without any clues as to how. @gennepher amazing care for those animals which must be costing a fortune. Thanks for another majestic kaleidoscope. @dunelm thanks for the tree, enjoy the Caesar salad and protect that back. Youngest grandson and his sister here today and overnight. Tiring/challenging but absolutely a gift from God. @Jojo85 yesterday sounds like a good day despite the challenges. Wonderful to see you and that smiley @karen8967 . @Krystyna23040 thanks for the update on Hilary. I pray the op is a success as that phase must have been an ordeal however supportive her daughter has been,. Stay safe everyone, give life your own best shot but allow everyone else time, space, dignity and the respect they deserve - woke or not.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So, I re read my post when I got home, in case it looked like I was being awkward with Mr Magpie, but animals are animals, they do what they want to do without rhyme or reason to the human person
I agree with you @gennepher. I think though that Mr Magpie is being exceptionally contrary - especially when there is exactly the same food available in the bird friendly location. He reminds me quite a lot of our Archie who is the most stubborn dog we have ever owned. Mr K thinks we should have named him Frank as his mantra is definitely 'I'll do it my way'

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with you @gennepher. I think though that Mr Magpie is being exceptionally contrary - especially when there is exactly the same food available in the bird friendly location. He reminds me quite a lot of our Archie who is the most stubborn dog we have ever owned. Mr K thinks we should have named him Frank as his mantra is definitely 'I'll do it my way'
Archie sounds like our oldest grandson whose classic line as a toddler was that's not my plan. Impossible to keep a straight face when first heard.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunny Breckland Thursday here and for a few days ahead. Between Swipey's last few hours and some other issues I forget just now my fbg report says could do better but without any clues as to how. @gennepher amazing care for those animals which must be costing a fortune. Thanks for another majestic kaleidoscope. @dunelm thanks for the tree, enjoy the Caesar salad and protect that back. Youngest grandson and his sister here today and overnight. Tiring/challenging but absolutely a gift from God. @Jojo85 yesterday sounds like a good day despite the challenges. Wonderful to see you and that smily @karen8967 . @Krystyna23040 thanks for the update on Hilary. I pray the op is a success as that phase must have been an ordeal however supportive her daughter has been,. Stay safe everyone, give life your own best shot but allow everyone else time, space, dignity and the respect they deserve - woke or not.
Thanks @ianpspurs for the kaleidoscope compliment.
I do my best for them, but yes it does.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes @Krystyna23040 that Mr Magpie definitely is very contrary and does it his way!!!!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.30am FBG 5.8
8.30am FBG 6.7 quick bowl of nut granola before dropping child off at kindergarten, she is keen, lets go of hands, runs ahead and into classroom.
Have managed to make an appointment for chicken pox boy to visit school. Was feeling quite pleased about this until realisation set in. Am not sure if it is for this Friday or next week. Also have no idea where to go.... Failed again

Am beginning to think taking FBG is a useless habit as now I am either starving or stuffing all day. Seem to have lost all control over eating. Yesterday ate two, TWO whole packets of biscuits, far too many handfuls of peanuts, finished the bag, or might have been more, as well as all the icecream cones from the freezer. Had several glasses of wine too. Am still eating normal meals on top of the extras. I should be the size of a house.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Oh no - Mr K has just found that the boiler is leaking again. Only a small leak but definitely leaking. We have now been given a number to phone British Gas in an emergency. We never thought that one would occur this quickly

Have caught up on the posts. I was so busy yesterday that I didn't catch up with them before bedtime.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.30am FBG 5.8
8.30am FBG 6.7 quick bowl of nut granola before dropping child off at kindergarten, she is keen, lets go of hands, runs ahead and into classroom.
Have managed to make an appointment for chicken pox boy to visit school. Was feeling quite pleased about this until realisation set in. Am not sure if it is for this Friday or next week. Also have no idea where to go.... Failed again

Am beginning to think taking FBG is a useless habit as now I am either starving or stuffing all day. Seem to have lost all control over eating. Yesterday ate two, TWO whole packets of biscuits, far too many handfuls of peanuts, finished the bag, or might have been more, as well as all the icecream cones from the freezer. Had several glasses of wine too. Am still eating normal meals on top of the extras. I should be the size of a house.
You are stressed @SlimLizzy with everything you are doing at the moment. And the extra food you get for your guests

A lot of new things for you.

If biscuits were around (which I presume they are for your guests), then I wouldn't be able to resist them either (only me on my own so I don't have any in the house), nuts would be the same. So that is easier for me.

Don't be hard in yourself.
I am sorry I don't have an answer.
But maybe you can think of something..

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
[QUOTE="SlimLizzy,

Am beginning to think taking FBG is a useless habit as now I am either starving or stuffing all day. Seem to have lost all control over eating. Yesterday ate two, TWO whole packets of biscuits, far too many handfuls of peanuts, finished the bag, or might have been more, as well as all the icecream cones from the freezer. Had several glasses of wine too. Am still eating normal meals on top of the extras. I should be the size of a house.[/QUOTE]

How is this a winner?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
[QUOTE="SlimLizzy,

How is this a winner?[/QUOTE]
I would say these make the overall situation a winner: child off at kindergarten, she is keen, lets go of hands, runs ahead and into classroom.
Have managed to make an appointment for chicken pox boy to visit school.
The food doesn't seem to be causing any issues with bg control. People vary enormously in the impact on their size/weight and bg for a given input of food/calories/carbs. If it ain't broken don't fix it springs to mind but I understand your concern. Anyhow, I hope that unpacks why I gave a winner.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You are stressed @SlimLizzy with everything you are doing at the moment. And the extra food you get for your guests

A lot of new things for you.

If biscuits were around (which I presume they are for your guests), then I wouldn't be able to resist them either (only me on my own so I don't have any in the house), nuts would be the same. So that is easier for me.

Don't be hard in yourself.
I am sorry I don't have an answer.
But maybe you can think of something..
@gennepher stress is definitely climbing. Food for guests is almost all inappropriate for me. They eat a lot of potatoes, pasta and bread, sometimes all three in the same meal. The children have to have biscuits, cakes, croissants, crisps, juice and fizzy drinks. Sweets as well. And bananas. And jam. Sugar loaded yoghurt and puddings. Its all there.