What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I find coconut often causes me digestive issues, mostly a laxative effect. I can only have very small amounts. I do have my gall bladder. Maybe it isn't related to your missing gall bladder?

I haven't had a gall bladder for many years. I hadn't realised at the time that fatty/oily things could be a problem and it was a few years later that a doctor told me that I should be avoiding fats. I had been having digestive problems (not yet diagnosed with diabetes) so figured that I should cut down on fats. It didn't make any difference, so I forgot about that change. Now I eat very few carbs but don't try to avoid fats. My stomach is not completely OK (far from it actually due to "erosions" in the lining of my stomach) but better than it used to be. I put that down to the reduced carbs and ignore the fats. Most nuts cause some stomach issues but I don't think it can be the fat content because other fats don't seem to cause harm. One thing that does cause problems is Metformin. I don't take as much as I should. I should take 1500 mg a day but only take 500 and even so, sometimes it causes a problem - laxative effect.

That's just me. Others may have a completely different experience.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a bowl of the cabbage thingy this morning before my cleaner arrived but while she was here I started feeling very nauseous. Nothing there that should have caused that except the Metformin that I took after eating. Spironolactone didn't help either - I could still taste the mint flavour a couple of hours later. I've found mint a very difficult flavour since, as a teenager, I thoroughly sickened myself with Clarnico peppermint creams; that was in 1959 and I haven't been able to eat anything minty ever since.

Might have some more of the cabbage later, if I feel up to it. It was very tasty and I did enjoy eating it.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast before going out a few spoons of hm yoghurts to have with my supplements
Picnic lunch two boiled eggs with half a buttered SLC roll followed by two squares of my new 100% choc with hemp seeds
Dinner pork with salad and some kimchi plus glass of dry white wine followed by lc blueberry crumble warmed and served with a few spoons of hm yoghurts.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a Food Dr bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Dinner: chilli with cauli rice followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: the local,honey yogurt with seeds and berries, but conscious of the honey only had only had small amount, and was subsequently hungry most of the morning
Dance class
11:00 coffee with cream
12:30 cheese crusted ham omelette, but didn't do enough cheese, so followed with 1 slice Hilo bread with butter and cheese
Dance class 2
4pm kne square hm lc cinnamon cake
D: 2 95% sausages with fridge gravel (fridge gravel is the saved stems of cauliflower and broccoli blitzed in the food processor with a carrot and an onion, then cooked in butter with splashes of water added as needed = very tasty rice/risotto style mix)
2, soon to be 3, glasses white wine

Edited for tipsy typing errors

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: the local,honey yogurt with seeds and berries, but conscious of the honey only had only had small amount, and was subsequently hungry most of the morning
Dance class
11:00 coffee with cream
12:30 cheese crusted ham omelette, but didn't do enough cheese, so followed with 1 slice Hilo bread with butter and cheese
Dance class 2
4pm kne square hm lc cinnamon cake
D: 2 95% sausages with fridge gravel (fridge gravel is the saved stems of cauliflower and broccoli blitzed in the food processor with a carrot and an onion, then cooked in butter with splashes of water added as needed = very tasty rice/risotto style mix)
2, soon to be 3, glasses white wine

Edited for tipsy typing errors
Love the sound of your fridge gravel maybe I could do and add some asparagus ends too as I hate chucking them out.definitley will be trying this out at some stage.
Enjoy the wine

Reactions: Antje77

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
in the morning I had a cup of coffee.

Lunch: chicken in the oven with baba ganoush (Eggplant) we made another baba ganoush (using courgette)
both great:).
D: cheese and bread

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday 8 May bed 8 7 FBG 8 6 - BGs gone a bit do lally, not helped by a new Libre that hasn't settled yet and is scanning 3 irv4 over. I'm using a lit of strips as well

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with mortadella and deli coleslaw.

L. Nothing - swimming lessons started again.

D. Campari and soda. Skewer with rump steak, red onion and peppers. Mini chargrilled cob with harissa and one Hasselback potato.
Yet another HC gin truffle.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
we made another baba ganoush (using corrugate)
both great:).
Looks like cardboard pretending to be crispbread . :p

double-wall-board-corrugate-packaging-material--500x500.png

0Jep448.jpg

Reactions: maglil55

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
09.30 breakfast, chia seed pud with nuts berries and full fat Greek yogart
14.00 lunch, cold meats with tuna and cheese salad
1800 dinner, beef tacos made from Cheddar cheese with salsa, stirfried broccoli, asparagus, carrot, green beans and garlic tossed in philadelphia cheese
Few coffee's and cream
4x 90% dark chocolate

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two hard boiled eggs, two slices of toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Nothing for smoko, cordial and osmolax brew.
Grilled coral trout fillets, green veggies, half a non carb spud, small portion lemon / lime sorbet for lunch.
Toasted cheese and onion sandwiches for supper at six.

RosemaryJackson

Hello everyone. A few questions! @Riva_Roxaban - what is Osmolax, is it something for regularity? (Just curious). @MrsA2, am going to do the fridge gravel. Could some Coconut or Almond flour be added to make fritters? @shelley262, How do you make high protein yoghurt? Would appreciate the recipe and method. I have already started to make Sauerkraut. I'm looking into Kimchi as well. Don't like the sound of fermented cheese! Am not feeling well atm so am just going to eat low carb if and when. I'm not really hungry.

Reactions: Antje77

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Funny tummy again this morning so I had a slice of (white) toast to try to settle it down. It's OK and I will eventually have some of the cabbage I made yesterday as my one proper meal today.