5 Years In, Who Said Low Carb is Unsustainable?!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had my annual diabetic bloods taken on Monday, exactly 5 years after my type 2 diagnosis. Just saw my results on line, everything is in normal ranges and my HbA1c, despite the death of my mother 9 weeks ago, an attack of shingles at Easter and a broken toe last weekend, is…….. drum roll……..37! To say I’m chuffed is an understatement. I love the food I eat and don’t struggle at all these days. Five years ago I never would have thought I could be this content, on what many view as a very restrictive diet.
I also noticed when I logged on to find my results that my record has been marked “statin intolerant”!

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
Well done that’s brilliant xx so sorry about your mam hope your ok xx

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my annual diabetic bloods taken on Monday, exactly 5 years after my type 2 diagnosis. Just saw my results on line, everything is in normal ranges and my HbA1c, despite the death of my mother 9 weeks ago, an attack of shingles at Easter and a broken toe last weekend, is…….. drum roll……..37! To say I’m chuffed is an understatement. I love the food I eat and don’t struggle at all these days. Five years ago I never would have thought I could be this content, on what many view as a very restrictive diet.
I also noticed when I logged on to find my results that my record has been marked “statin intolerant”!

What a great result - and especially so as you have been through so much. Well done and thanks for sharing to inspire others. Superstar.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm so happy for you, what a wonderful and well deserved result!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations @Rachox that is such good news - I’m also heading to 5 year anniversary of low carb eating this summer and like you I enjoy this way of eating having worked out both what works for my bgs, plus my likes and dislikes. You’ve had some very challenging personal events recently and I’m sure that managing your sugar levels will have helped you deal better with all the stressful stuff. Well done you such brilliant news on keeping your sugars as normal for 5 years - even though I’m sure like me you were told it was a progressive illness instead of which not only have you put it into remission but also stayed at normal levels.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5 Years In, Who Said Low Carb is Unsustainable?!

I had my annual diabetic bloods taken on Monday, exactly 5 years after my type 2 diagnosis and my HbA1c, is 37 .
Excellent work @Rachox.

39BSZl6.jpg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a brilliant result, and post.
You are such a support and help to so many

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
@Rachox, with all that has happened to you recently bravo on your results. Here's to the next 5. Gives me and others great encouragement to see that lc is sustainable long term

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Wonderful news Rachox! I bet you breathed a big sigh of relief after all you have been through recently. Continue to be a source of encouragement and inspiration!

D

Deleted member 543160

I'm another long term low carber, and I'm always impressed by your low and stable HbA1c results @Rachox , particularly as you've not always had things easy. So my congratulations.

(My levels tend to indicate more obviously any issues I have with, health, pain, etc...)