What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
Aha...

Silly me for not checking your name out :banghead:

Of course it's not the funny I posted. Hugs indeed needed

But just the way you replied, made me smile .

I think you'll fit right in ..:)

I moan not expecting an answer most days, just to be able to vent, but I do either get a hug or a helpful reply from our little band in here

Pill up a pew, & make yourself at home :headphone:
Need a note "I know why this happened, just let me talk it out" :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bit of a damp start here daaan saaaf. A glorious day yesterday doing not a lot but managed to walk up and down the road twice. Mainly sitting in the shade between times. Off to Southampton this morning to get onto a ship. I am cruising up and down fjords for the next week so may not have access to all things interweb.
Here is another tree and I hope you all have a pleasant day. Koffy is calling and then I have a bag to pack.

upload_2022-5-15_6-59-2.jpeg

Reactions: Zhnyaka

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

I was all prepared this morning. A bucket of various cat dishes, and dried cat biscuits and wet food sachets. I could see at least one black cat was on the swing.

BBCat leapt off the swing up the garden path, as I went out, and Shadow was still on the swing. No they are not best buddies, but yesterday I cleared one end of the swing seat from my garden stuff. I put Popeye's Big Ted in the middle, and made sure either side of Big Ted had loads of my old knitwear, for comfort. My plan was for there to be enough space for two cats to sleep on the swing at the same time but far enough apart if needs be. And Big Ted would be referee.

And guess what? It worked!

Shadow was still on the swing, her front paw and head was on Big Ted's leg, indicating she had been keeping a very close eye on BBCat who had been sleeping on the other side of the swing seat.

Usual friendliness from Shadow to me, despite this close proximity of BBCat. I put wet and dry cat food in Shadow's double dish. She eats as I am getting BBCat's double dish ready, and I walk slowly up the garden path towards BBCat, and I place it on the path and walk back to Shadow. But Shadow hisses and spits at me for supplying BBCat with food. I put more wet food down for Shadow, and she is mollified for all of two seconds, then turns towards BBCat and hisses and spits at him, lashes her tail, and leaves the garden.

BBCat does not care one jot, and carries on eating. I came in for my cuppa, and sit down just in time to see Mr Magpie come in for his favourite fish cat pate for his babies, but belatedly sees BBCat, and does an about turn mid-air, and lands on the garden chair next to BBCat, and makes a heck of an aggressive racket towards BBCat.

BBCat does not care one jot, and carries on calmly eating. Then when he has finished he goes back to 'his' chair by the potting shed. There are more interactions between Mr Magpie, BBCat, the four Gingers, Shadow, and Mr and Mrs Blackbird while this is all going on. Heffalump is watching interestedly, as am I, eating his peanuts from 'his' bird table. I am not eating peanuts, but drinking a cuppa which has now gone cold watching this lot.

Then BBCat comes and sits on the swing, immediately above the cat food. It is the first place the sun touches in my garden, everywhere else is cold this time of day.

Then the gingers come in one by one, and only take a few bites each before they leave. No words are spoken, and no aggressive language between BBCat or the gingers, despite their heads being less than 12 inches away from BBCat.

BBCat appears not to care one jot about the gingers eating beneath him, and carries on enjoying that early morning sun.

Suddenly in comes Mr Magpie, for his fish pate, and dives into the dish, and I stop breathing. Then it occurs to Mr Magpie to belatedly check if there is a cat above him on the swing. He reaches high on his legs, and peers over the swing seat. BBCat is staring him right in the face. Shock, horror, disbelief from Mr Magpie who does a very unsteady loop the loop flight to the bird water bath, where he screams and screams and screams at BBCat.

BBCat does not care one jot, and carries on sunning in that beautiful sun.

Mr Magpie stops screaming at BBCat. He is in 'The Thinker' pose. 'How about I...' Then Mr Magpie leaps into action, gets on the ground, walks slowly towards the fish pate cat food, keeping his eye on BBCat. Mr Magpie risks life and limb, for one more look over the swing seat at BBCat, who still does not appear to care one jot about Mr Magpie who then takes a mouthful fish cat pate, and flies safely back to his babies.

Seconds later Mr Magpie is back, lands on the bird water bath, but does not say anything this time. He cautiously gets down, slowly walks towards the fish cat pate, checks over the swing seat right into BBCat's face. BBCat still does not appear to care one jot. And Mr Magpie takes another fish pate portion back to his babies. Then again and again....

The fish pate cat dish is now empty, and I realise I should start breathing again...

There is Magpie appropriate food on the bird table for him at all times..

I need that coffee...

Creative today is my pink clematis. A kaleidoscope in Laboscope app, with both Shadow and BBCat...

image.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a bit of a damp start here daaan saaaf. A glorious day yesterday doing not a lot but managed to walk up and down the road twice. Mainly sitting in the shade between times. Off to Southampton this morning to get onto a ship. I am cruising up and down fjords for the next week so may not have access to all things interweb.
Here is another tree and I hope you all have a pleasant day. Koffy is calling and then I have a bag to pack.

View attachment 54535
Enjoy the fjords @dunelm
I hope you have a great time.
Brilliant tree!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you! I understand how insulin work, I just want to whine about the fact that even after 18 years of living with diabetes, it is still sometimes not controllable
I had exactly the same issue with insulin . I never could understand how identical meals and activity levels gave such dramatically different blood sugar readings. It was really stressful as it seemed so random. I was very lucky that although diagnosed as T1 initially I was re-diagnosed as T2 and eventually was able to come off the insulin.

Actually, even though not on insulin now, I often am surprised by unexpected highs and lows - although as I am not on insulin the swings are not anywhere as dramatic.

Reactions: Zhnyaka

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 54535
Hope you have a lovely cruise @dunelm and that there is lots of very good coffee.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. We are off to Sheringham Park to see the Rhodedendroms this morning. Not as sunny as yesterday but definitely better for the dogs for it not to be too hot.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and if you are not a lady or gentleman good morning to you as well.
My blood sugars yesterday were 5.6
My blood sugars this morning were 7.2
My blood sugars tomorrow who knows.
Today is a day of full supervision, Mrs J will be closely watching my every move.
A welcome to @Zhnyaka , we hope you enjoy some of the posts and they bring a smile to your face.
Stay safe all.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Bill Withers Sunday in Breckland after a Superb Sunny Saturday. Welcome @Zhnyaka. JKP and I had another meal at the "aspirational" farm shop/butcher/eaterie yesterday. Fritatta salad and CWC (coffee with cream) with SF (sugar free, Monin) caramel tasted good but impact unknown. JKP had to have a doggy box for her enormous individual chocolate pavlova as small scampi was "too filling" - not something I have known for the last (nearly) 7 years. I drove there and back (how come the driver’s seat is fine?) The route took us past the seller of asparagus, strawberries, new potatoes and now finger carrots:woot:. @dunelm thanks for the tree and well done on the gentle/genteel promenade. Enjoy the cruise; will you be seeing the Norwegian Blues? - beautiful plumage. @gennepher, amazingly detailed story and loved the "not a jot" for BBcat. That kaleidoscope is another triumph darling, a triumph so thank you. @Krystyna23040 enjoy Sheringham and the rhododendrons. Good news for Archie that today is as dull as me and my posts. I am concerned there was no mention of sausage rolls - surely a prerequisite for splendiferousness? Sunday lunch - chicken plus the goodies from yesterday- with MIL now she is back from Wales preceded by Spurs hopefully not being Spursy. Have a safe, fulfilling but considerate day.

Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bill Withers Sunday in Breckland after a Superb Sunny Saturday. Welcome @Zhnyaka. JKP and I had another meal at the "aspirational" farm shop/butcher/eaterie yesterday. Fritatta salad and CWC (coffee with cream) with SF (sugar free, Monin) caramel tasted good but impact unknown. JKP had to have a doggy box for her enormous individual chocolate pavlova as small scampi was "too filling" - not something I have known for the last (nearly) 7 years. I drove there and back (how come the driver’s seat is fine?) The route took us past the seller of asparagus, strawberries, new potatoes and now finger carrots:woot:. @dunelm thanks for the tree and well done on the gentle/genteel promenade. Enjoy the cruise; will you be seeing the Norwegian Blues - beautiful plumage. @gennepher, amazingly detailed story and loved the "not a jot" for BBcat. That kaleidoscope is another triumph darling, a triumph so thank you. @Krystyna23040 enjoy Sheringham and the rhododendrons. Good news for Archie that today is as dull as me and my posts. I am concerned there was no mention of sausage rolls 0 surely a prerequisite for splendiferousness? Sunday lunch - chicken plus the goodies from yesterday- with MIL now she is back from Wales preceded by Spurs hopefully not being Spursy. Have a safe, fulfilling but considerate day.
Thanks very much @ianpspurs
For your compliments!

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 this morning. Enjoy what is left of the weekend folks! :happy:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
njoy Sheringham and the rhododendrons. Good news for Archie that today is as dull as me and my posts. I am concerned there was no mention of sausage rolls - surely a prerequisite for splendiferousness?
The rhodedendroms were stunning and we did see a little bit of sunshine and a few spots of rain. Archie did really well and walked just under 4 miles. Mr K enjoyed his National Trust sausage roll - shared of course with Archie and Poppy.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

It was pouring with rain this morning. I could see Shadow on my swing at 4 am, so I got up and opened the study door to the garden. Shadow came rushing in. She will now go to the front room to be fed, but leaves the bungalow as soon as she has eaten. Sometimes she does a tiny explore...

I put food out under the swing for BBCat who wasn't waiting for food this morning, but he did have a couple of suppers last night, so he probably wasn't immediately hungry. Shadow came out of the bungalow and partook of some of BBCat's food, then left for whatever she does with her day, but she does come back periodically to check in with me, and also to see how the cat diner is going. And she goes up the garden path up to BBCat and says her piece to him, but BBCat just sits there with an inscrutable expression on his face. Shadow gives a flick of her tail, and goes off again.

When I came back to my bedroom with my cuppa, BBCat was feeding. He didn't eat the entire lot, and I think he is learning he doesn't need to eat everything in one go (because more food will come out), but will now leave food for the Four Mouseketeers (stray Ginger Cats).

Mr Magpie came flying in for his favourite fish cat pate, but BBCat was eating from that dish. Mr Magpie has now given up screaming at BBCat, and so satisfied himself with the selection of food on the bird table to take back to his babies.

Mr Heffalump (wood pigeon) has just crash landed on to the bird table. But he didn't eat this morning. He intently watched BBCat feeding.

Yesterday afternoon, something strange with Mr Heffalump. He flew into the garden and nearly crash landed on top of BBCat sitting on the chair by the potting shed. But he did an about turn mid-air immediately above BBCat (very gracefully for a Heffalump actually), and flew out of the garden. A moment later he was back, and nearly crash landed again on top BBCat, who took absolutely no notice at all of being attacked by a Lancaster Bomber.

Once is accidental, but twice in quick succession is a deliberate intention.

I have never seen BBCat show any aggression to any other stray cat in my garden. If he is walking, he totally ignores them. He just sits and impassively watches. Or commands the corner of my garage roof, watching everything. His size is enough to strike fear in all the other animals. The 4 ginger strays come in and sometimes go up to BBCat sitting on the garden chair and have 'words' with BBCat, but he never reacts, and never replies to them. He is an insouciable inscrutable very large black cat. Sometimes one of the Gingers will do the arched body language and hissing, as does Shadow as well, but BBCat does not react to any of them.

It is the quickest way of defusing any situation.

BBCat spent the day watching me yesterday afternoon. He would come close (for him) to around 2 metres of me, and engage in that slow eye blink 'conversation' with me. And if the food bowl is empty, he will go up to it and turn to look at me directly into my eyes. And I fill it. BBCat will interact and respond with me. At least he knows how to interact with a human to fulfill his needs...

Also on Sunday, yesterday, my daughter in Australia and I were coming up with some names for BBCat - Cosmos, Wolf, Enigma, Jack, Midnight, Gypsy, Flint.

I read out the names to BBCat. And I knew before I got to it which it would be. He'd come come to me as I was in my vegetable container garden. Last couple of days is the first time I have seen him groom his face and ears. His face is looking bright and alert, and the face fur looks sleek and glossy. And he does not have that sullen bad boy cat look he had when he first came and was on my garage roof. I got to the name Midnight, and he began that slow blink. So, Midnight it is. He then got on my wooden swing, and his demeanour looks much happier. It looks like he is getting his interest in life back. I think he had almost lost hope before.

Creative this morning is a dandelion clock as a kaleidoscope in Laboscope, fartnarkled a bit in Snapseed.

I have stuff to do so will peek in later.

In the meantime a cuppa!

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

It was pouring with rain this morning. I could see Shadow on my swing at 4 am, so I got up and opened the study door to the garden. Shadow came rushing in. She will now go to the front room to be fed, but leaves the bungalow as soon as she has eaten. Sometimes she does a tiny explore...

I put food out under the swing for BBCat who wasn't waiting for food this morning, but he did have a couple of suppers last night, so he probably wasn't immediately hungry. Shadow came out of the bungalow and partook of some of BBCat's food, then left for whatever she does with her day, but she does come back periodically to check in with me, and also to see how the cat diner is going. And she goes up the garden path up to BBCat and says her piece to him, but BBCat just sits there with an inscrutable expression on his face. Shadow gives a flick of her tail, and goes off again.

When I came back to my bedroom with my cuppa, BBCat was feeding. He didn't eat the entire lot, and I think he is learning he doesn't need to eat everything in one go (because more food will come out), but will now leave food for the Four Mouseketeers (stray Ginger Cats).

Mr Magpie came flying in for his favourite fish cat pate, but BBCat was eating from that dish. Mr Magpie has now given up screaming at BBCat, and so satisfied himself with the selection of food on the bird table to take back to his babies.

Mr Heffalump (wood pigeon) has just crash landed on to the bird table. But he didn't eat this morning. He intently watched BBCat feeding.

Yesterday afternoon, something strange with Mr Heffalump. He flew into the garden and nearly crash landed on top of BBCat sitting on the chair by the potting shed. But he did an about turn mid-air immediately above BBCat (very gracefully for a Heffalump actually), and flew out of the garden. A moment later he was back, and nearly crash landed again on top BBCat, who took absolutely no notice at all of being attacked by a Lancaster Bomber.

I have never seen BBCat show any aggression to any other stray cat in my garden. If he is walking, he totally ignores them. He just sits and impassively watches. Or commands the corner of my garage roof, watching everything. His size is enough to strike fear in all the other animals. The 4 ginger strays come in and sometimes go up to BBCat sitting on the garden chair and have 'words' with BBCat, but he never reacts, and never replies to them. He is an insouciable inscrutable very large black cat. Sometimes one of the Gingers will do the arched body language and hissing, as does Shadow as well, but BBCat does not react to any of them.

BBCat spent the day watching me yesterday afternoon. He would come close (for him) to around 2 metres of me, and engage in that slow eye blink 'conversation' with me. And if the food bowl is empty, he will go up to it and turn to look at me directly into my eyes. And I fill it. BBCat will interact and respond with me. At least he knows how to interact with a human to fulfill his needs...

Also on Sunday, yesterday, my daughter in Australia and I were coming up with some names for BBCat - Cosmos, Wolf, Enigma, Jack, Midnight, Gypsy, Flint.

I read out the names to BBCat. And I knew before I got to it which it would be. He'd come come to me as I was in my vegetable container garden. Last couple of days is the first time I have seen him groom his face and ears. His face is looking bright and alert, and the face fur looks sleek and glossy. And he does not have that sullen bad boy cat look he had when he first came and was on my garage roof. I got to the name Midnight, and he began that slow blink. So, Midnight it is. He then got on my wooden swing, and his demeanour looks much happier. It looks like he is getting his interest in life back. I think he had almost lost hope before.

Creative this morning is a dandelion clock as a kaleidoscope in Laboscope, fartnarkled a bit in Snapseed.

In the meantime a cuppa!

View attachment 54553
@gennepher Midnight is the perfect name for him. So lovely that he is getting his interest in life back. Lovely kaleidoscope.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Relaxing with a coffee. Got a lovely long break this afternoon so will take extra stuff to read.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

In the meantime a cuppa!

View attachment 54553

Another vote for Midnight @gennepher

Sounds perfect for our mysterious cat

Oh and ' insouciant '...
wordle of the day ;)
Good useage.

Wonder how many had to look that up :bag::D

Reactions: ianpspurs