What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another SSAF - with avo, toasted pine nuts and Parmesan shavings (#TrulyBlessed) - here in the (not) Exotic East. What's on offer where you are or will be? No Swipey no fulminate - Bob missed a trick there IMVHO. @gennepher another wonderfully detailed garden story reminding me how little attention I pay to wildlife. Today's kaleidoscope reminds me of a roulette wheel, at least from the images I have seen of one. @dunelm good news on the Caesar salad - minus croutons I trust - and the cautious step count. @Krystyna23040 I'm sure we all hope the boiler is fixed in double quick time but maybe have a coffee or two until then? My but life has moved on apace since we first became parents. Disposable nappies, microwave sterilisers, Alexa drop in on Baby's room (West Wing in the D and D Norf?), Alexa play gentle lullabies - no getting up @ 3.30 am:woot:. Stay safe but if you will excuse me I need to rip up various protocols I freely agreed, starting with paying for fuel, shopping and Sky - intolerable burdens. Terms and conditions aren’t for people like me..:D
Thanks @ianpspurs
:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But I'm advised to not avoid it and talk more about it :sorry:
A hard one this @jjraak
It does need talking out, but that is easier said than done, because the slightest adverse reaction or words in response to you from the other person, could cause a reaction in you where you clam up, and it could take time for you to trust and start talking again about it.
Choose your people carefully for this, and and give each other a word to say, that in the event either of you cannot say or listen any more, then say that word, and you both stop talking/listening. Go and make a cup of tea or whatever.
In this way, you have stopped (peacefully) without either side making an excuse and maybe using the wrong word to the other person which could cause a misunderstanding x

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sure we all hope the boiler is fixed in double quick time but maybe have a coffee or two until then? My
Boiler fixed in 5 minutes. It was something loose that had to be tightened. All admin done. Afternoon dog walk done and cheques and cash banked at the post office down the road. I am now taking your advice @ianpspurs and am relaxing until 4.30pm when we go to set up the hall for the classes this evening.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A hard one this @jjraak
It does need talking out, but that is easier said than done, because the slightest adverse reaction or words in response to you from the other person, could cause a reaction in you where you clam up, and it could take time for you to trust and start talking again about it.
Choose your people carefully for this, and and give each other a word to say, that in the event either of you cannot say or listen any more, then say that word, and you both stop talking/listening. Go and make a cup of tea or whatever.
In this way, you have stopped (peacefully) without either side making an excuse and maybe using the wrong word to the other person which could cause a misunderstanding x
@jjraak really good advice from @gennepher.
I do hope that your cousin in Birmingham is 'in the mend' now

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A hard one this @jjraak

What a good answer :)

A real case of being too close to the fire to see the trees....o_O:wacky:

Will try that...cheers @gennepher .

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

I was expecting two black cats this morning when I woke up, but there was just Shadow swinging on the swing.

She came rushing in the study when I opened the door into the garden. And I thought I'll see if she will feed in the bungalow, just in case BBCat is hanging about, and then she can eat calmly without constantly looking around. And she did. I put her food in the front room, and she quite happily ate there, while I sorted out the outdoors cat food dishes. Then she darted out and began on the wet cat food under the swing. She ate her fill and left.

The parade of the Gingers was next.

Then Mr Magpie appeared, trying his luck. No sign of nervousness from him today, so obviously BBCat is not in the garden yet. His babies got several breakfasts of wet cat food this morning.

Shadow has returned for a few more bites...

Still no sign of BBCat. But yesterday...he was in my garden all day, and was watching me. I usually stop putting wet cat food out around 9 to 10am because of flies. Cat biscuits are available all day. Once it gets cooler, between 4 to 6pm wet cat food comes out again.

And every time, in the afternoon, that I came out of the bungalow BBCat ran/rushed towards me, but then stopped and ran back. The third time he did that, I am trying to work out what is wrong. There is no wet cat food out in the afternoon, so I concluded he may be really hungry, despite eating loads of sachets of cat food earlier. I came out with a bowl wet cat food, and he rushed towards me again and was eating out.of the plate before I put it down. Two more refills, and then he sauntered off elsewhere....

Anyway last night I was really tired, cleared up the cat diner and went to bed. But just as I put my head on the pillow, Shadow came rushing in the garden, absolutely frantic that she had missed supper. She literally came in running on her hind legs, both front legs and paws waving in the air, her eyes wide, her face frantic. It was like a comedy act. I hauled myself out of bed, and gave her supper....

Creative today is my lilac tree again as a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. I loved the heart shaped leaves of the lilac tree in this one.

Time for coffee...

Pollen count feels high today already...I need an antihistamine...

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this lovely sunny morning. Dog walk shortly then off to classes in Norwich. A slightly busy day. Leaving at 9am and non-stop with no breaks until I finish at 5.45pm. Thank goodness for whey protein powder. Is that what they call a 'liquid lunch'.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on an ooch, ouch, ooch sort of start today so not much of a post.
Here is a tree, Must take some pills and rest up. Lots to do tomorrow and hope that Billy Backacke cooperates. Koffy, that will help.

upload_2022-5-14_7-49-57.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all from a bright but not over sunny Exotic East. One of two acceptable Feast days for St Matthias but definitely the only birthday (3rd) of Miss RMP. CBeebies World with mum and dad for her today:woot:. The salmon salad yesterday evening was divine darling, divine but I am not testing just now for what seem like obvious/sensible reasons so impact unknown. Hug for the back issues @dunelm and take it easy. Do you have access to BT Sport for all the Euro rugby? Thank you for the art. I'm resigned to being virtually static (IMHO) for a while since opiate/ pain killer addiction isn't "my thing." Obviously the situation may change. Exercise snacking, and chair based exercise research ongoing. Static bike trial is hugely tempting. @gennepher amazing love for those animals. So much work for you but that seems to be like powerful medicine for you. Thank you for the kaleidoscope. I do like those colours. @Krystyna23040 take care of yourself today. Conflicting views on the part animal protein may have played in my Big C. Since I'm, at best, sceptical about keto that is, unhelpful, confirmation bias but moderate protein intake for over 50s is generally seen as good. Plant based seems to be "safer/best" just not as LC. More confirmation bias but this is more nuanced. FA Cup and Eurovision today - neither boil my bacon this year but each to their own. @jjraak Tuchel is, only very, marginally less annoying than Klipperty so Blue is the colour. 10 month old grandson kitted out in Chelsea gear yesterday a day early - oops sorry dad but accidents happened. Go Team D but V, V safely and full of awareness for others.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings one and all from a bright but not over sunny Exotic East. One of two acceptable Feast days for St Matthias but definitely the only birthday (3rd) of Miss RMP. CBeebies World with mum and dad for her today:woot:. The salmon salad yesterday evening was divine darling, divine but I am not testing just now for what seem like obvious/sensible reasons so impact unknown. Hug for the back issues @dunelm and take it easy. Do you have access to BT Sport for all the Euro rugby? Thank you for the art. I'm resigned to being virtually static (IMHO) for a while since opiate/ pain killer addiction isn't "my thing." Obviously the situation may change. Exercise snaking, and chair based exercise research ongoing. Static bike trial is hugely tempting. @gennepher amazing love for those animals. So much work for you but that seems to be like powerful medicine for you. Thank you for the kaleidoscope. I do like those colours. @Krystyna23040 take care of yourself today. Conflicting views on the part animal protein may have played in my Big C. Since I'm, at best, sceptical about keto that is, unhelpful, confirmation bias but moderate protein intake for over 50s is generally seen as good. Plant based seems to be "safer/best" just not as LC. More confirmation bias but this is more nuanced FA Cup and Eurovision today - neither boil my bacon this year but each to their own. @jjraak Tuchel is, only very, marginally less annoying than Klipperty so Blue is the colour. 10 month old grandson kitted out in Chelsea gear yesterday a day early - oops sorry dad but accidents happened. Go Team D but V, V safely and full of awareness for others.
Thanks @ianpspurs
Those beasties also give me a day long soap opera which I can watch when I need time out and a cuppa.

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
Hi, everybody
My BG was 8 this morning, I ate 2 sandwiches for breakfast and injected 9 units of novorapid for this, as a result, my bg rose to 15. I injected up 3 units of novorapid and went shopping. BG dropped to 2.6 and I had to eat sugar to relieve hypoglycemia. And for lunch, I ate a bowl of soup with 2 pieces of bread (in fact, the same amount of carbohydrates as for breakfast) and injected 10 units of novorapid and my bg after that was 3.4. How the hell does it work? A few days ago, I barely dropped down bg from 15.8 to 10, having taken 3 injections of 3 units of novorapid, and today from the same 3 units of novorapid from the same 15, my bg dropped to 2.6! Why?!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Conflicting views on the part animal protein may have played in my Big C. Since I'm, at best, sceptical about keto that is, unhelpful, confirmation bias but moderate protein intake for over 50s is generally seen as good. Plant based seems to be "safer/best" just not as LC
That is a bit worrying about animal based protein @ianpspurs.

Re: the plant protein I must admit that I especially like chia seed protein powder. I usually have 20g of it with 10g of rice protein and 20g of whey protein plus 5g of cinnamon powder mixed with water and sprinkled with inulin. The other good thing is that the chia and the rice protein are a lot cheaper than the whey protein.

The whey protein is especially useful on a day like today because I just add water, shake it in my container and drink it - the chia protein I have to eat with a spoon.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Zhnyaka .

Welcome to the thread :)

Just wanted to say hi & acknowledge your post, even though I won't be of much use directly .

Have to admit, I have very limited knowledge of the effects of insulin injections or of type One.

If you are concerned, I'd say start a post on its own on forum under type One or join in one of the Type One particular forum threads MAY provide a bigger range of answers ?

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/#diabetes-discussion.

Sure someone more aware in here, will respond quite soon, but that may not be until tomorrow.

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @Zhnyaka .

Welcome to the thread :)

Just wanted to say hi & acknowledge your post, even though I won't be of much use directly .

Have to admit, I have very limited knowledge of the effects of insulin injections or of type One.

If you are concerned, I'd say start a post on its own on forum under type One or join in one of the Type One particular forum threads MAY provide a bigger range of answers ?

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/#diabetes-discussion.

Sure someone more aware in here, will respond quite soon, but that may not be until tomorrow.
Thank you! I understand how insulin work, I just want to whine about the fact that even after 18 years of living with diabetes, it is still sometimes not controllable

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, everybody
My BG was 8 this morning, I ate 2 sandwiches for breakfast and injected 9 units of novorapid for this, as a result, my bg rose to 15. I injected up 3 units of novorapid and went shopping. BG dropped to 2.6 and I had to eat sugar to relieve hypoglycemia. And for lunch, I ate a bowl of soup with 2 pieces of bread (in fact, the same amount of carbohydrates as for breakfast) and injected 10 units of novorapid and my bg after that was 3.4. How the hell does it work? A few days ago, I barely dropped down bg from 15.8 to 10, having taken 3 injections of 3 units of novorapid, and today from the same 3 units of novorapid from the same 15, my bg dropped to 2.6! Why?!
Hi @Zhnyaka
Welcome to this thread.
I am type 2 and know nothing about Type 1 and insulin. So I won't be of any use. Sorry.

But, that amount of bread for me, even being on my Metformin tablets, would put me into approaching a bg of 20 or more.

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you! I understand how insulin work, I just want to whine about the fact that even after 18 years of living with diabetes, it is still sometimes not controllable
Aha...

Silly me for not checking your name out :banghead:

Of course it's not the funny I posted. Hugs indeed needed

But just the way you replied, made me smile .

I think you'll fit right in ..:)

I moan not expecting an answer most days, just to be able to vent, but I do either get a hug or a helpful reply from our little band in here

Pull up a pew, & make yourself at home :headphone:

Last edited:

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @Zhnyaka
Welcome to this thread.
I am type 2 and know nothing about Type 1 and insulin. So I won't be of any use. Sorry.

But, that amount of bread for me, even being on my Metformin tablets, would put me into approaching a bg of 20 or more.
With T1, there is no resistance to insulin (although there is no insulin itself either), so I can even afford cakes