What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
This will in all probability be my last posting for a few days, me, me’s and myself are going to take a break from social media, yes I know this is not social media, but it involves using electrickery and the interwebby.
So I shall take this opportunity to wish you all well, please stay safe, well and avoid the doom mongering media.
Blood sugars this morning were 6.0 .
Now where did leave my brain cell?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still in bed.
No FBG.today yet

Mid 7's is my guess, it's been groundhog Day for a while, so I don't expect much change when I do test .

Same old, same old recovery glacial..
But that's a tired old track to play

We DO however, have the benefit of wife's bff two cats to stay with us.

She lives in Croydon, usual sketch is I go there & stay & drop back here if needs be, etc.

Can't or could have trouble making her stairs.

(No rail, sharp turn ..how gloriously adventurous does my new risk assessment skills look right now :rolleyes: )

So we have them here, Laurens semi decamped to her bff daughter's house to mind her dog, our furry nephew Frankie .as the cats HATE him, and all he wants to kiss them

Two cats, outdoors usually ..strange neighbourhood so indoors cats ..for now

One, a fat rascal, other less so but skittish and has a habit of doing that jump cats do to meet the hand about to stroke its head, but she misses the mark totally, going way too soon, and jumping before you even get near ..:rolleyes::D

Both a little distant on arrival, bigger one, the rascal I call fatty pang, friendly enough, has just bagged a 'spot' she's laid claim to and sleeps a lot

Smaller one, officially called Jada. Views me with distain, keeps here distance, even though she likes being stroked :rolleyes:

Anyway, her spot was a bare wood window ledge, quite deep.

In an attempt to make her feel more comfortable, I put a towel on ledge next to her (didn't want to disturb her too much, less she walk away )

She looked at the towel with that aloofness cats have...and made sure not even a hair of her fur touched it ...:hilarious::hilarious: cats :rolleyes:

So it covers half the window ledge.

Been like that last few nights

This morning, sat curled up purring on towel :happy:

Great success.....maybe my cat daddy skills ain't so bad ;):)

Back to try and kip, after putting out food for the terrors...a chorus of meows etc, as they jumped down and padded into kitchen tangling themselves up as they intertwined between my legs,

despite the cat mummy telling them that's a big NO NO..:wideyed:

( I survived, clearly....thanks to all those years of martial arts training. Knew they'd come in handy , some day ;) )

a quick inspection & sniff, and a quick about turn and back to bed they went, far from impressed...:sorry:

So from the house of snooze,
Have a good day all :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This will in all probability be my last posting for a few days, me, me’s and myself are going to take a break from social media, yes I know this is not social media, but it involves using electrickery and the interwebby.
So I shall take this opportunity to wish you all well, please stay safe, well and avoid the doom mongering media.
We do what we must do, @alf_Josiah .

You'll be missed
Take care
See you soon.:)
Or on the other side.;):)
(Cue ghostly noises :hilarious: )

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Monday in the Brecks which sounds like a very serious medical problem. KISS Ian. Glad yesterday was good and you have breaks and a great fbg today @Krystyna23040. Thanks for the animal stories, so detailed and revealing of your love @gennepher. Shadow and BBCat seem to be really responding. I would have gone with Enigma but truth be told I'm so not a cat person - totally cat phobic if I'm honest-and JKP is highly allergic. Also liking how dandelions make such a thing of beauty as today's kaleidoscope. @jjraak have a rest after cat duties. @alf_Josiah best wishes for whatever you are embarking upon, you will be missed. @dunelm I hope the cruise is all you hope for and then some. @karen8967 great to see you back more regularly, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm promised (almost) warmth for a few days- no mendacious claims on the side of red buses, just science. Y'all know how much I lurve and trust science.:D Go Team D - normal terms and conditions apply.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another vote for Midnight @gennepher

Sounds perfect for our mysterious cat

Oh and ' insouciant '...
wordle of the day ;)
Good useage.

Wonder how many had to look that up :bag::D
Thanks @jjraak
:happy:

I do study thesauruses, online, and for light reading when I am in the potting shed! I have some 150 year old thesauruses. I love the leather bindings, the raised print on the page, and the amazing old fashioned magical looking words you do not see now. A few years later one such word might come to mind as I am writing a post...

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
Morning all
Today, a friend of my mother, who all my childhood told me that my diabetes is a God's punishment for being a capricious child, turned to me for nutritional advice, because she was diagnosed with T2. I barely restrained myself from answering her that this was a God's punishment for being such a nasty woman. I replied that T1 and T2 are very different and that with insulin I eat everything I want (it's true), I don't want to tell her that I know a lot of recipes for delicious and low-carb dishes and diets that lead to a decrease in insulin resistance. Schadenfreude is not good, but I can't help myself, let she ask the doctor for advice, not me :mad:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You take care @alf_Josiah
That brain cell was hiding in your pocket, to keep safe x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still in bed.
No FBG.today yet

Mid 7's is my guess, it's been groundhog Day for a while, so I don't expect much change when I do test .

Same old, same old recovery glacial..
But that's a tired old track to play

We DO however, have the benefit of wife's bff two cats to stay with us.

She lives in Croydon, usual sketch is I go there & stay & drop back here if needs be, etc.

Can't or could have trouble making her stairs.

(No rail, sharp turn ..how gloriously adventurous does my new risk assessment skills look right now :rolleyes: )

So we have them here, Laurens semi decamped to her bff daughter's house to mind her dog, our furry nephew Frankie .as the cats HATE him, and all he wants to kiss them

Two cats, outdoors usually ..strange neighbourhood so indoors cats ..for now

One, a fat rascal, other less so but skittish and has a habit of doing that jump cats do to meet the hand about to stroke its head, but she misses the mark totally, going way too soon, and jumping before you even get near ..:rolleyes::D

Both a little distant on arrival, bigger one, the rascal I call fatty pang, friendly enough, has just bagged a 'spot' she's laid claim to and sleeps a lot

Smaller one, officially called Jada. Views me with distain, keeps here distance, even though she likes being stroked :rolleyes:

Anyway, her spot was a bare wood window ledge, quite deep.

In an attempt to make her feel more comfortable, I put a towel on ledge next to her (didn't want to disturb her too much, less she walk away )

She looked at the towel with that aloofness cats have...and made sure not even a hair of her fur touched it ...:hilarious::hilarious: cats :rolleyes:

So it covers half the window ledge.

Been like that last few nights

This morning, sat curled up purring on towel :happy:

Great success.....maybe my cat daddy skills ain't so bad ;):)

Back to try and kip, after putting out food for the terrors...a chorus of meows etc, as they jumped down and padded into kitchen tangling themselves up as they intertwined between my legs,

despite the cat mummy telling them that's a big NO NO..:wideyed:

( I survived, clearly....thanks to all those years of martial arts training. Knew they'd come in handy , some day ;) )

a quick inspection & sniff, and a quick about turn and back to bed they went, far from impressed...:sorry:

So from the house of snooze,
Have a good day all :)
Sounds you have it all going on at the House of Snooze @jjraak
A gang of feline beasties!
They will have you house trained to their every whim in no time at all...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday in the Brecks which sounds like a very serious medical problem. KISS Ian. Glad yesterday was good and you have breaks and a great fbg today @Krystyna23040. Thanks for the animal stories, so detailed and revealing of your love @gennepher. Shadow and BBCat seem to be really responding. I would have gone with Enigma but truth be told I'm so not a cat person - totally cat phobic if I'm honest-and JKP is highly allergic. Also liking how you dandelions make such a thing of beauty as today's kaleidoscope. @jjraak have a rest after cat duties. @alf_Josiah best wishes for whatever you are embarking upon, you will be missed. @dunelm I hope the cruise is all you hope for and then some. @karen8967 great to see you back more regularly, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm promised (almost) warmth for a few days- no mendacious claims on the side of red buses, just science. Y'all know how much I lurve and trust science.:D Go Team D - normal terms and conditions apply.
Thanks for all the compliments @ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @jjraak

I do study thesauruses, online, and for light reading when I am in the potting shed! I have some 150 year old thesauruses. I love the leather bindings, the raised print on the page, and the amazing old fashioned magical looking words you do not see now. A few years later one such word might come to mind as I am writing a post...
Bring back Call Mt Bluff

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all
Today, a friend of my mother, who all my childhood told me that my diabetes is a God's punishment for being a capricious child, turned to me for nutritional advice, because she was diagnosed with T2. I barely restrained myself from answering her that this was a God's punishment for being such a nasty woman. I replied that T1 and T2 are very different and that with insulin I eat everything I want (it's true), I don't want to tell her that I know a lot of recipes for delicious and low-carb dishes and diets that lead to a decrease in insulin resistance. Schadenfreude is not good, but I can't help myself, let she ask the doctor for advice, not me :mad:
Naughty naughty @Zhnyaka
I fully concur with your actions.
You told her the truth.... :angelic:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all
Ah @Zhnyaka .

Karma..may I introduce an old childhood associate ...:):hilarious:

Can see why you feel as you do.
They probably deserve it, tbf

Just maybe ask IF that's really, you ?

Not easy being the better person sometimes,
Can too clearly see the reasons not to in this case, does sound a thoroughly nasty.person

Sometimes it is good to rise above it all and lend a hand, regardless

Seeing such good in you, might be what it takes to make them a 'Better' person. ?

Can't say I live by it, but I do try...
"Never look down on someone...
Unless you're offering them
A hand up"

Travel safe :)

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all
You are natural for this thread @Zhnyaka :D

Last edited:

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
"Revenge is a dish that is best tasted cold".

It took a long time but was well-deserved, Zhnyaka.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @jjraak

Oh no @gennepher I fully agree.
I love words and how we can use them to convey so many feelings .

I did have to look yours up, mind .;)
But happy to as every days a schoolday, if you want it to be :happy:

I have a fondness for some words, oddly enough

I think ' ascertain ' might just be my favourite
Not used much in daily speech or on forums
But I do enjoy hearing it used.

I do mention, if in conversation, that 'x' isn't a word you hear often.

Usually starts a conversation around other such words .

Anyway, delightful to just read your 'Tales from the Animal Garden '... you paint such a vivid picture, that just draws me in as you flesh out the amusing interactions of your lovely menagerie.

More power to your elbow as our wordsmith

Reactions: ianpspurs