What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday 9 May bed 9.1 FBG 7.9. Goodness knows why. Libre is out of sorts so I'm doing a lot of stabbing until it settles.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with whipped cheese.

L. Pack of M&S serrano ham crisps. Hubby was going to our best man's funeral sovI had a bit of rushing about plus grandson had his latest high school visit. HC gin truffle.

D. Leftover cold cuts - roast beef, chicken, ox tongue, German mini sausage, santini tomatoes and coleslaw. DGF forest fruit with raspberries and a dash of cream.

Tuesday 10 May bed 8.2 FBG 7.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with whipped cheese

L. M&S Pancetta crisps

D. A fishy evening. I had prawns needing used so I had a mix of tuna and sweetcorn on a bed of lettuce, prawns and Marie Rose, 1/2 avocado, santini tomatoes, edam.

HC gin truffle.
20220510_180039.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey how do you make your cauliflower puree? - it looks yum! :hungry:
It tastes yum as well!

I cook cauliflower until soft, drain and leave for a bit without the lid to get rid of some more fluids.
I add a generous knob of butter, an even more generous scoop of cream cheese and a crumbled vegetarian stock cube called 'garden herbs' in Dutch. You can of course use any stock cube or plain salt and some herbs, it's just that I like the flavour of those stock cubes. :)
This time I also added a scoop of mustard and some grated cheese which needed to be eaten.

Stick blender does the rest, the trick is to keep stick-blendering for a long time, the structure will change to a creamy purée!

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. Have been struggling with a stomach acid issue for a week GP says may be an ulcer so am on a month of Omeprazole and easy to digest diet excluding red meat, spicy food and fatty food and no alcohol! So some of my usual lc choices might have to be sidestepped for a while.
Breakfast still toast but one small slice white toast with tea.
Lunch has been scrambled eggs, or boiled eggs, cold meat or small amount of crustless quiche with cucumber, coleslaw. Tomatoes to be avoided!
Supper yesterday was a baked chicken breast and green beans.
Supper tonight is chunky fish fingers and peas.
Hugs for the more restricted diet.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Riva_Roxaban , my husband is currently enjoying a bottle of ten yr old Laphroaig which we found under the stairs at my late Mum and Dad’s house. Dad loved it and the smell makes me think of family christmases at their house.
Anyway food today:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a phd bar.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
one Jaffa cake
I know you post this whenever you go to mil's, but I have to post to admire your restraint. I was recently faced with a box of jaffa cakes, had one and then the temptation eat the whole lot was so strong! I think it was wrestled out of my hands after 4, thank heavens.
How do you stop at 1?

Reactions: Jayne1983

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Riva_Roxaban , my husband is currently enjoying a bottle of ten yr old Laphroaig which we found under the stairs at my late Mum and Dad’s house. Dad loved it and the smell makes me think of family christmases at their house.
It's a very nice single malt, your Dad had a good taste for them @Rachox.
Love the whiskey choice. Enjoy.
I will enjoy, thank you.
Sorry you have had tummy bleeding this week and hope you are better. You always show such a common sense attitude to your condition and I am glad you continue to enjoy your single malt!
Thank you.

Reactions: DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know you post this whenever you go to mil's, but I have to post to admire your restraint. I was recently faced with a box of jaffa cakes, had one and then the temptation eat the whole lot was so strong! I think it was wrestled out of my hands after 4, thank heavens.
How do you stop at 1?
I eat the savoury parts of the meal at the table and then go and sit on the sofa with the Jaffa cake, so the remaining Jaffas are out of easy reach, anyway everyone else tucks in so they don’t last long!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheese on toast for breakfast.
Savoury liver and bacon, mushrooms, onions and sliced spudlites for lunch.
Home made fish cakes for supper at six.

Five or six bit of naked ginger, small glass of Laphroaig watching a movie "We Still Steal The Old Way" on Prime, good casting , it has most of the crooked cops from The Bill in it all growed up.:D

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Skipping bf because it's Monday... pensioner's lunch club day. Have no idea what's in store for me but will try to even out the damage at teatime by a no-carb meal. And be really good tomorrow. And the next. Have a great week everyone

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
Ended up with 10 adults and 9 children here to celebrate 8 May birthdays.
So in no particular order and no set meal times I think I ate
Several marmite bread sticks
A quarter of a marmite sandwich
A chicken drumstick or 2
Some cocktail sausages
Some cold salmon
Some ham
Peppers
Olives
Pickled veg
2 pieces homemade, most definitely NOT low carb choclate cake
1 piece homemade, most definitely NOT low carb strawberry cream sponge cake
1 lc mousse
Some strawberries

I have, so far, avoided any alcohol and trying now to fast until tomorrow, but all the leftovers are calling to me...
I love reading your food diary’s I wish I dare to do what you do I want to but I’m scared to I’ve been in remission since last June with 4 kids in the house they are lots of treats around me I don’t know how I do it. Do these little treats effect u long tear awe will it just be like a little spike to the blood then it goes back tomorrow? I don’t understand stand it all xx I hope you had a lovely time with friends n family over at the weekend

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast was mashed avocado on a slice of wholemeal toast. Took insulin half an hour exactly before eating. BG is within range just now.

I still have some of the chicken thighs from yesterday so will do something with those and some vegetables.

I'm just taking a rest from cleaning out my kitchen fridge - there was something smelling kind of fishy in there, but I can't find anything in there to cause the smell. Neil can't smell it at all, but it is definitely there. So everything is out and all the shelves and compartments are washed and air drying at present. I think I'll have to put a dish of bicarb soda in to make sure the smell goes away. Also chucking out some bottled fruits that have been kept too long - all to the good.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: kedgeree made with cauliflower rice followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.

2DCFDA34-B5FF-405C-9476-BA5685876A98.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Jayne1983 you’re doing really well especially with 4 kids in the house. Someone on the forum suggested a while ago that keeping your food in a separate cupboard to everyone else’s carby stuff might help? It is difficult when everyone around you is eating differently.
@Riva_Roxaban I’m just starting to catch up but it looks like your new pills have stopped the bleeding so I hope you’re feeling a bit better now. Laphroaig is the perfect medicine. I love ginger too.
I still have no kitchen and no sink downstairs so preparing meals is a pain. Washing up has to be done in upstairs shower!
L/C roll with cheese and ham
D- beef skirt cooked in slow cooker with microwaved veg. Followed by Brie and red wine.
Walnuts and a few 100% choc buttons at some point during the day.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
suggested a while ago that keeping your food in a separate cupboard to everyone else’s carby stuff might help
Yes, we have separate tins for 'treats'. I don't go in theirs and they don't go in mine.
I could have addict tendencies so I don't even do the shopping for their stuff else I'd eat it in the way home from the supermarket. That said they now choose to have fewer treats as they have seen the positive changes in me.

Reactions: DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 chicken drumsticks
Coffee with cream
Exercise class
L: salad with ham and camembert, olives, pickled veg. 1 sq hm lc cake.
Midafternoon munchies. Ate more camembert and found some leftover icing so that vanished too. :banghead: felt quite ill after.
D: frittata with salmon, salad. 1 large red wine

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Riva_Roxaban I’m just starting to catch up but it looks like your new pills have stopped the bleeding so I hope you’re feeling a bit better now.

Laphroaig is the perfect medicine.

I love ginger too.

01 The tablets are working ok, I have cut the dosage down now as instructed.

02 It's certainly helping me sleep better with my pain killers,

03 A lightly toasted crust of bread and ginger marmalade to drool over.

DYb7CiH.jpg

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes, we have separate tins for 'treats'. I don't go in theirs and they don't go in mine.
I could have addict tendencies so I don't even do the shopping for their stuff else I'd eat it in the way home from the supermarket. That said they now choose to have fewer treats as they have seen the positive changes in me.
Mmmm answer someone else question but not mine

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
All as I wanted to know is it ok to have the odd treat