What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Missed yesterday as out with friends, but had a lovely evening meal at a steak restaurant: starter of garlic prawns followed by a sirloin steak with peppercorn sauce with iceberg lettuce drizzled with garlic mayo.
Today:
Hotel breakfast fried egg, bacon, sausage, mushrooms and half tomato with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Mid afternoon on the train home: cappuccino and Food Dr bar.
Dinner back home: a take away doner kebab (a very occasional treat!), I just ate the meat and salad with garlic mayo and one mouthful of the pitta bread.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday 16 May - bed 7 FBG 7 1

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with mortadella and coleslaw.

L. Yet another bit of that 100% egg. It is small portions but I'm getting used to the taste now.

D. The leftover cold cuts. Mortadella, pork, ox tongue, roast beef, 1/2 avocado, santini tomatoes, bit edam cheese.

Tuesday 17 May - bed 7.2 FBG 6.8

B. TAG and 1 M&S crispy cheese cracker with whipped cheese (I had physio straight after the school run this morning)

L. Another bit HC egg and a pack of M&S Pancetta crisps.

D. I made that mix again of scallops, squid, spinach, santini tomatoes, exotic mushrooms in lemon, coriander and chilli.

1 gin truffle.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Small rib steak, two egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms for breakfast.
No smoko or osmolax,
Reheated spag bol (mre), garlic bread for lunch.
Toasted cheese and onion sandwiches for supper at six.

Couple of bits of ginger chocolate and naked ginger watching Prime.

Pix of the pasta, which did jnot blow my bgl to high.

MRcLFd5.jpg

Reactions: Tori71 and maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
11:00 2 soft boiled eggs with asparagus as dippers, 1 slice hm lc bread. Cwc
15:00 made some seedy crackers and ate some of the rejects. 30g cheese
18:00 carrot, swede, cabbage cooked in butter, add smoked Polish sausage. Stirred some soured cream through. Surprisingly tasty for a bottom of the fridge meal
Lots of dancing but 4 mouthfuls proper birthday cake. 1 white wine and soda.
23:00 a proper brownie.
That's it, birthday celebrations finished now. No more excuses.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mmmmm this meal looks so nice how did u make your celeriac mash it looks so good I need to try it x
I make it different ways. If I'm using the Instant Pot for something I'll steam chunks of Celeriac in a trivet on top. This particular one, I used the microwave. Chop up the Celeriac into chunks and put in a Pyrex bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add some cubes of butter and mix. Add a dash of cream and mix. I cover with cling film but pierce to let the steam out. Depends on the power of your microwave and how much Celeriac you are using but I tend to give it 2 to 3 minutes a time and take it out to mix again and check how soft the Celeriac is becoming. Once it feels soft I blitz it with a stick blender. Sometimes it needs another blast in the microwave then another blitz. Once smooth check your seasoning and adjust. Add more cream if necessary but not so much as it goes sloppy.

It sounds a long process but it isn't really. It's a trial and error process until you get the timings right. I never boil the Celeriac as it makes it too wet.

Reactions: DJC3 and Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I wasn't surprised to find that I ran out of time for my 2nd meal yesterday so I just grabbed an end slice of a wholemeal loaf and piled some butter on it. I was still finishing it as the meeting started. After having the bread, I wouldn't have eaten anything else but, in any case, by the time the meeting ended it was far too late to eat. So I have a whole dish of vegetable biriyani to have today plus more of the spiced veggies (I only needed about half of the veggies for the biriyani).

So breakfast this morning was some of the spiced veg with a couple of fried eggs on top.

2nd meal today will be the biriyani - or, at least some of it, despite the small dish, there's rather a lot of it. Not sure how the cauliflower rice will perform in this dish. I am hoping it browns a bit around the edges where I lined the dish with butter.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Back to yesterday. Usual brekkie of toast, lots of tea. Today ditto.
Lunch yesterday was 2 egg mayo on bed of little gem. Tea and DGF coffee & walnut cake. Supper was t/a Tandoori King Prawns and cauli bhajee.
Lunch today at son’s excellent pub was roast meat trio with cabbage and cauliflower cheese. Lots of carrot and parsnip which I had a bit each of and left rest behind.
Probs thats it for today
@maglil55 thanks for the celeriac mash advice which might work well with swede also to get a less watery mash. That lamb shank looked right up my street.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: just a spoonful of yoghurt to help the vitamins go down and a cwc
L: needed something warm so scrambled 2 small eggs with some peppers, blue cheese and soured cream. Not pretty but tasty. 1 large strawberry with ff greek and a sprinkle of dark choc.
Slept most of the afternoon, no idea why.
D: 4 97% chipolatas with caluflower cheese. 1 glass red. 1 large strawberry
For one minute, I thought the strawberry was in with the scrambled eggs!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wednesday 18 May - bed 6 2 FBG 6.1. Another busy day as my car was heading in for a service once the school run was over. I had to collect a courtesy car and Toyota kindly gave me a CHR which is the one I'm thinking about getting next year.

B. TAG and 1 M&S crispy cheese cracker with whipped cheese.

L. M&s pancetta crisps

D. Boys were here for dinner so in between dotting about with cars they had curry I'd made before they arrive. I also made a hotter curry for Hubby and myself which he had with rice & naan. I had it with the leftover celeriac mash.

Another small bit of the 100% dark egg and a gin truffle.

20220518_185628.jpg

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Back to yesterday. Usual brekkie of toast, lots of tea. Today ditto.
Lunch yesterday was 2 egg mayo on bed of little gem. Tea and DGF coffee & walnut cake. Supper was t/a Tandoori King Prawns and cauli bhajee.
Lunch today at son’s excellent pub was roast meat trio with cabbage and cauliflower cheese. Lots of carrot and parsnip which I had a bit each of and left rest behind.
Probs thats it for today
@maglil55 thanks for the celeriac mash advice which might work well with swede also to get a less watery mash. That lamb shank looked right up my street.

Have of heard of singing swede? It's even easier!

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday 19 May bed & FBG both 7 2.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast, one with egg mayo and one with coronation chicken.

L. M&S serrano ham crisps

D. Rack of pork ribs with coleslaw Strawberries, a dash of cream and a bit of tge 100% egg grated on top.

This was another busy day. I think I mentioned youngest grandson was being bullied by a mini gang (I'm talking 8 year old here). It got so bad he was at another Primary yesterday for an interview and he changes school tomorrow. I didn't expect the swap that quick. We're we have 5 primaries close by. This one is smaller and they don't tolerate bullying inside or out of school. It will make life a little more difficult for the last few weeks but we'll manage.

Friday 20 May bed 7.1 FBG 6 2

First day at New school. He was delighted to find that he already knew 2 children AND to get out to play at break without fear of an attack.

B. TAG and, when I got back from dotting between schools, 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo on one and coronation chicken on the other.

L. Pack of M&S pancetta crisps.

D. Air fried chicken wings with coleslaw, guacamole. Strawberries and cream.

Later, 2 relaxing vodkas and diet coke.

Both boys went with parents on a trip into town to have dinner out then to the cinema.

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: lc granola and a slice of lc toast with butter
Lunch: (at garden centre) steak pie, chips, veg and gravy. A bit of a departure from the usual, but I was practically keto figures yesterday. I very rarely eat meals like this but have decided not to beat myself up about the odd treat and just enjoy it. Mitigated some of the carbs with a long, brisk walk and just some berries and cream around tea time!

Luckily, not that bothered about missing out on cakes and puddings but occasionally I succumb to the call of the chip!! Was rewarded by the usual carb comedown and had a little sleep on the couch!:D

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a Food Dr bar.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
I make it different ways. If I'm using the Instant Pot for something I'll steam chunks of Celeriac in a trivet on top. This particular one, I used the microwave. Chop up the Celeriac into chunks and put in a Pyrex bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add some cubes of butter and mix. Add a dash of cream and mix. I cover with cling film but pierce to let the steam out. Depends on the power of your microwave and how much Celeriac you are using but I tend to give it 2 to 3 minutes a time and take it out to mix again and check how soft the Celeriac is becoming. Once it feels soft I blitz it with a stick blender. Sometimes it needs another blast in the microwave then another blitz. Once smooth check your seasoning and adjust. Add more cream if necessary but not so much as it goes sloppy.

It sounds a long process but it isn't really. It's a trial and error process until you get the timings right. I never boil the Celeriac as it makes it too wet.
Thank you that’s great I will go buy a blender tomorrow I can’t wait to get it, can I just ask what cream do you use I’ve never bought or tryed it before x thanks

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tired legs and a headache all day.

B: ff greek with seeds and blueberries
L: cheese and seedy crackers, coleslaw
D: roast chicken, cabbage,broccoli, carrots gravy. 2 strawberries, cream and chopped 85% chocolate

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
Missed yesterday as out with friends, but had a lovely evening meal at a steak restaurant: starter of garlic prawns followed by a sirloin steak with peppercorn sauce with iceberg lettuce drizzled with garlic mayo.
Today:
Hotel breakfast fried egg, bacon, sausage, mushrooms and half tomato with a black coffee.
Mid afternoon on the train home: cappuccino and Food Dr bar.
Dinner back home: a take away doner kebab (a very occasional treat!), I just ate the meat and salad with garlic mayo and one mouthful of the pitta bread.
Mmm I’ve just rang a takeout I ask the owner about the donner meat he said it is meat only and spices I got lettuce red onion and garlic sauce no pitta extra salad lol I normally get chicken but just fancy donner meat x