What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Me too. Love it. Don’t think I thanked @AndBreathe for posting it. I did see a post previously about putting swede whole in microwave but next time I buy one I am going to give it a go and maybe sing along! @Riva_Roxaban I don’t think I could eat a fish as pretty as that polka dot one or as scary as the prehistorice one!
today had usual brekkie of lc toast and lots of tea.
Lunch was two slices ham, small spoon coleslaw and small but crustless quiche.
Supper will be chunky fish fingers since its Firsday (!) with either asparagus or green beans or both.
@Annb I hope you are feeling better and I wondered if the walking aid might be at the wrong height for you.

I am going to adjust the height and see if that helps my shoulder. It does seem though that I have to lean forward to use the frame and that makes me feel unbalanced (physically, that is, mentally is another issue). The frame is adjustable by about 6".

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am going to adjust the height and see if that helps my shoulder. It does seem though that I have to lean forward to use the frame and that makes me feel unbalanced (physically, that is, mentally is another issue). The frame is adjustable by about 6".
Fingers crossed for you. You don’t need to replace one problem with another!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You can write either. I was just trying to be funny!
Oh, don't worry, you ARE funny and your post made me laugh out loud!
But it also made me wonder about the intricacies of your language, and I wasn't disappointed by the replies I got!

Reactions: maglil55

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant! I’d never heard of singing swede, she didn’t say why it was called that, maybe it sings as it is being cooked, with the steam escaping? I will definitely be trying it though, I hate peeling swede.

It does "sing", although I doubt swede choral groups are popular. :hilarious:

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me too. Love it. Don’t think I thanked @AndBreathe for posting it. I did see a post previously about putting swede whole in microwave but next time I buy one I am going to give it a go and maybe sing along! @Riva_Roxaban I don’t think I could eat a fish as pretty as that polka dot one or as scary as the prehistorice one!
today had usual brekkie of lc toast and lots of tea.
Lunch was two slices ham, small spoon coleslaw and small but crustless quiche.
Supper will be chunky fish fingers since its Firsday (!) with either asparagus or green beans or both.
@Annb I hope you are feeling better and I wondered if the walking aid might be at the wrong height for you.

You go for it (on the singing front), but I doubt the family will care to join in. They're more likely to enquire if you're in pain.

It is a clever way to cook swede, but be careful when you come to deal with it afterwards. Without wanting to state the obvious, it is very hot indeed, so your hands will need protection.

Reactions: Antje77

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum I’ll join in the swede chorus with you, it won’t be tuneful but it’ll be joyful! BTW my steak was from the night before, another steak bar called Miller&Carter. It’s a chain so there are a few around, they were very accommodating and the steak was gorgeous.
Today I had about a gallon of black coffee in the morning.
Lunch - Romaine lettuce leaves spread with cream cheese and topped with chicken and sauerkraut. Very messy.
Dinner - Roast lamb, roast pepper and courgettes and some Edelman’s beans. 4 squares Montezuma’s peanut butter Absolute black.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
3rd day of holibobs so just a dinner pic. Spanish chicken with mozzarella and a side salad and one new potato. Started eating before I remembered to take the photo, so excuse the incomplete chicken and new potato!

FE21D4A9-6947-4CEB-B2AB-194E63D9EB40.jpeg

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: a single tablespoon of greek full fat yogurt, as I was late getting to a meeting.
Mid morning: 2cups black decaff coffee
Skipped lunch
Dinner: not much in fridge, so improvised. Portobello mushrooms, grilled with cheese, topped with fried egg. Beetroot juice, (supposed to be good for reducing blood pressure).

Reactions: DJC3 and Annb

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So if I bought 500 gr of asparagus (which I did :hungry:), do I write a bought a Lbs of asparagus?
Nope, put the weight in kilos same as I do.

I will not convert metric into a outdated measuring system., it's the best thing happened to Australia converting from the £ to $ in 1965, then everything else in the 1970's.

Reactions: Antje77

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: a single tablespoon of greek full fat yogurt, as I was late getting to a meeting.
Mid morning: 2cups black decaff coffee
Skipped lunch
Dinner: not much in fridge, so improvised. Portobello mushrooms, grilled with cheese, topped with fried egg. Beetroot juice, (supposed to be good for reducing blood pressure).

I like the idea of a big mushroom topped with cheese and a fried egg, I’d never thought of doing that but I bet it was good.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Nope, put the weight in kilos same as I do.
OK, in that case I bought .5 kilo's of asparagus yesterday. Glad I didn't buy 450 grams or things would get even more confusing! :hilarious:
I ate 4 yesterday and 6 today which leaves me with the rather sad amount of 2 asparagus for tomorrow so I'll have to think of something to go with them, before this whole post turns in one of those horrible math word problems.

Today I had them the same way as yesterday with a little more salad and less but not fewer eggs (still at the math I fear). Still had 2 eggs but this time it was 1 turkey egg and one very small chicken egg.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheese on toast for breakfast.
No smoko.
Pork loin chops, green veggies, two small spudlites, gravy for lunch.
Fish cakes for supper at six.

Small glass of single malt listening to jazz in bed.

Edit: ing to listen

Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't remember yesterday's breakfast.
Lunch was bacon with salad, yoghurt with blueberries
D: steak with portobello mushrooms. Strawberry, cream yoghurt, chopped choc. 1 red wine. 1 spiced rum with ice

Today's
2 scrambled eggs with half avocado
3 chicken drumsticks. 2 bites hubby's ginger and date scone. Strawberry with yoghurt.
Mid afternoon 2 bites hubby's ice cream
D: 3 95%sausages, carrots and a little spinach and cream cheese. 3 sqs 85% choc.
1 spiced rum.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah well - I guess palm heart pasta is a no-no for me. The remainder will go into the bin today. Pity because it has some rather tasty beef ragout with it. But I don't want another evening and night like the last one. Thinking about today's food, but daren't actually have anything yet.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had breakfast because I forgot what I was doing and took my basal AND bolus insulin doses, which meant I had to have breakfast. That was bacon and eggs. Luckily, my digestion seems to have settled down sufficiently to come to no harm with the early meal.

I have some hot smoked salmon in the fridge, so that will be the 2nd meal with some cole slaw and maybe some tomato salad - probably around 4 or 5 pm. May have a slice of wholemeal bread with it, but I have to make it first.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Neil obviously didn't realise that I was a baking bread because he turned the power off to the oven while it was cooking. I've turned it on again now, but it looks like a bit of a disaster - and I don't have any more wholemeal flour! So I guess it will be RyVita with my salad.