What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All packed and ready for our trip to Orford tomorrow.
All 25GB of photos uploaded to One Drive. A job that I have wanted to do for ages.
Am so looking forward to going away.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lots going on on a Sunday morning round the cat diner and surrounds. Watch that bowing - sometimes the straightening up can take all day. Sorry to hear about the potential for no Shadow but we live in hopes. Beautiful Kaleidoscope, no idea what the pink flowers are.
Thanks very much @dunelm
I am still believing she will come back, but I do realise probabilities...

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who suffering the indignity of a slow start to the day.
Bloods yesterday were 4.8 and this slow morning 6.0
Last Thursday I had a diabetic review with the hospital and given my complex medication they were happy A1c was 57 and my average bloods from March 2021 till 25th May 2022 were fasting 6.0 and before my evening meal were 8.6. Yep I do perform analysis, but using paper and a pencil stuff excel, I can’t be bothered.
Yesterday we had the grandchildren all day and rather than erect the ladders into a climbing frame I got out some of the outdoor toys I had made for them, it’s amazing the way childrens imagine works, you make something for them expecting them to play with it a certain way and nope, an example bows and arrows with force fields…..
Hopefully attached is a picture of an outdoor connect 7 I made a few years ago and they had forgotten about it. It was made from left over materials form other projects. @gennepher another one of many. Yes they did beat me. Stay safe all.
View attachment 54726
Glad your diabetic review went well @alf_Josiah
You are very creative with all your woos projects...
I have no idea how to play Connect. I was challenged once and lost...
Great patio!
I wouldn't mind a relatively level one, but some misguided genius in the long past made mine on a slope...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher Have just checked on how One Drive is doing. There are 2502 files (5.5GB) it is uploading. It took me 2 minutes but One Drive will take a lot longer. Thank goodness I have superfast fibre broadband.
I only have super slow mobile internet, so it is like watching outdoor paint dry on a rainy day here...
I am glad your internet is working well @Krystyna23040
Pre Covid, I used to use a secure wifi at a wifi cafe, but like a lot of stuff round here, it is not starting up again. And no way would I use Wetherspoons wifi, you can see all the hackers with their laptops by the electric sockets, pretending not being hackers, looking 'absorbed' in their laptops...

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Yesterday morning, when I went out to feed Midnight who was sleeping on the feather cushion on my swing, I was making a low clicking noise (I think I was quiet, it was 4:30 am), so that Midnight would not be startled this morning. Being a deaf person, I don't think about sound as comforting, or using sound to announce my presence.

Anyway, it worked. Midnight shot off the swing to greet me and nearly bowled me over. He was over affectionate yesterday morning and I couldn't move. I am stroking his head and making a fuss of him. He is now miaowing loudly at me, purring like a tractor. He wants affection before his food. I am trying to dish the food out, but he wants a few more minutes of strokes first. And even when I am dishing out the catfood, he is still loving my hands.

I come in for a hot cuppa, it went cold again.

Mr Heffalump (wood pigeon) comes in next. And flies straight to the bushy leaves where Mr&Mrs Bluetit brought their babies to yesterday. He is bobbing his head up and down, but cannot find any baby bluetits in it.

Next Mr Blackbird comes in, he also checks the same bush, decides there are no baby bluetits in it. So then he flies over to where Midnight is now on the swing grooming himself, gets very close and directs his anger at Midnight. Mr Blackbird was squawking and squawking at Midnight in a very aggressive manner. Midnight ignored him as usual.

Then Little Miss comes charging into the garden. This is still the first hour of the day. And also goes straight to the bushy leaves,and appears to be looking for the baby bluetits. She seems disappointed they are not there, and so goes to the bird table and begins to feed herself. Whereupon Mr Blackbird comes screeching in to land on Little Miss, but she deftly gets out of the way to under the bird table. And that causes Mr Blackbird to screech in a temper at her. Little Miss peeks over the edge of the bird table, and Mr Blackbird lunges at her, but overshoots and ends up half falling, and retreats to my roof where he carries on his screeching temper.

Mr Blackbird needs a course in anger management.

I did have a male blackbird a few years ago who absolutely hated sparrows and attacked and drove them aggressively out of the garden. But they all just did an about turn, and flew back in...

Then the sweetest thing happened. Mrs&Mrs Bluetit came flying in with their little family. The fatball bird feeder that Mrs Bluetit covets is on a long bamboo cane. The 3 tiny baby bluetits sat in a row on that bamboo cane, about a foot apart and waited quietly, just as if in a Chinese painting. Mum and Dad Bluetit was feeding them all in turn from the fatballs. They were three very well behaved baby bluetits on that bamboo cane. Then Little Miss came along and started feeding, from the fatballs, to the baby bluetit on the end of the cane who wasn't getting as much food as the others.

So, Little Miss (a teenage baby sparrow) IS feeding the baby bluetits.

The baby bluetits are now within the safety of the bushy leaves of the tree, and are being fed by their parents and also Little Miss.

This was going on all day, along with the usual shenanigans from Mr Heffalump, and Mr Blackbird who took every opportunity during the day to divebomb Little Miss. Her evading skills are getting very good. Little Miss was learning a new skill this afternoon. She appears to have noticed that Mrs Bluetit grips and also hangs upside down from the feeder I put out for the bluetits, whereas the other two feeders for the sparrows has twigs stuck in and out of it for the sparrows to stand on to eat. Little Miss was fluttering her wings as she practised eating from the bluetit bird feeder, like a bluetit. She got very good at it. Both the sparrow feeders are full by the way, so she has no need to do this.

Creative today is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. Buttercups. Shadow and Midnight are the silhouettes.

Another cuppa needed...

image.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Yesterday morning, when I went out to feed Midnight who was sleeping on the feather cushion on my swing, I was making a low clicking noise (I think I was quiet, it was 4:30 am), so that Midnight would not be startled this morning. Being a deaf person, I don't think about sound as comforting, or using sound to announce my presence.

Anyway, it worked. Midnight shot off the swing to greet me and nearly bowled me over. He was over affectionate yesterday morning and I couldn't move. I am stroking his head and making a fuss of him. He is now miaowing loudly at me, purring like a tractor. He wants affection before his food. I am trying to dish the food out, but he wants a few more minutes of strokes first. And even when I am dishing out the catfood, he is still loving my hands.

I come in for a hot cuppa, it went cold again.

Mr Heffalump (wood pigeon) comes in next. And flies straight to the bushy leaves where Mr&Mrs Bluetit brought their babies to yesterday. He is bobbing his head up and down, but cannot find any baby bluetits in it.

Next Mr Blackbird comes in, he also checks the same bush, decides there are no baby bluetits in it. So then he flies over to where Midnight is now on the swing grooming himself, gets very close and directs his anger at Midnight. Mr Blackbird was squawking and squawking at Midnight in a very aggressive manner. Midnight ignored him as usual.

Then Little Miss comes charging into the garden. This is still the first hour of the day. And also goes straight to the bushy leaves,and appears to be looking for the baby bluetits. She seems disappointed they are not there, and so goes to the bird table and begins to feed herself. Whereupon Mr Blackbird comes screeching in to land on Little Miss, but she deftly gets out of the way to under the bird table. And that causes Mr Blackbird to screech in a temper at her. Little Miss peeks over the edge of the bird table, and Mr Blackbird lunges at her, but overshoots and ends up half falling, and retreats to my roof where he carries on his screeching temper.

Mr Blackbird needs a course in anger management.

I did have a male blackbird a few years ago who absolutely hated sparrows and attacked and drove them aggressively out of the garden. But they all just did an about turn, and flew back in...

Then the sweetest thing happened. Mrs&Mrs Bluetit came flying in with their little family. The fatball bird feeder that Mrs Bluetit covets is on a long bamboo cane. The 3 tiny baby bluetits sat in a row on that bamboo cane, about a foot apart and waited quietly, just as if in a Chinese painting. Mum and Dad Bluetit was feeding them all in turn from the fatballs. They were three very well behaved baby bluetits on that bamboo cane. Then Little Miss came along and started feeding, from the fatballs, to the baby bluetit on the end of the cane who wasn't getting as much food as the others.

So, Little Miss (a teenage baby sparrow) IS feeding the baby bluetits.

The baby bluetits are now within the safety of the bushy leaves of the tree, and are being fed by their parents and also Little Miss.

This was going on all day, along with the usual shenanigans from Mr Heffalump, and Mr Blackbird who took every opportunity during the day to divebomb Little Miss. Her evading skills are getting very good. Little Miss was learning a new skill this afternoon. She appears to have noticed that Mrs Bluetit grips and also hangs upside down from the feeder I put out for the bluetits, whereas the other two feeders for the sparrows has twigs stuck in and out of it for the sparrows to stand on to eat. Little Miss was fluttering her wings as she practised eating from the bluetit bird feeder, like a bluetit. She got very good at it. Both the sparrow feeders are full by the way, so she has no need to do this.

Creative today is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. Buttercups. Shadow and Midnight are the silhouettes.

Another cuppa needed...

View attachment 54746
“Mr Blackbird needs a course in anger management.” - priceless. Mrs Dolittle opens first anger management clinic for animals. Thank you for the garden goings on and a splendid buttercup kaleidoscopic with little yellow cat faces.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from under a wispy sky of promise here in the dark and dangerous north.
Trip to Durham City yesterday was successful. I have resigned myself about not riding a motorcycle any time soon and I can’t keep pinching Mrs Miggins’ monster gas guzzler. So, a wee second hand runaround is now being prepped ready for collection. Smart or what? If the day does brighten up a bit, I may venture a walk towards town and see what happens. Two tramadol and two ibuprofen will be needed so best get them simmering away quite soon.
Art bit, “more colour vicar?” - “Don’t mind if I do.” - Enjoy as much as the day as you can. @Krystyna23040, enjoy your trip to Oxford. Best get some koffy on the go.

upload_2022-5-30_7-20-0.jpeg

Reactions: dogslife

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morning everyone from under a wispy sky of promise here in the dark and dangerous north.
Trip to Durham City yesterday was successful. I have resigned myself about not riding a motorcycle any time soon and I can’t keep pinching Mrs Miggins’ monster gas guzzler. So, a wee second hand runaround is now being prepped ready for collection. Smart or what? If the day does brighten up a bit, I may venture a walk towards town and see what happens. Two tramadol and two ibuprofen will be needed so best get them simmering away quite soon.
Art bit, “more colour vicar?” - “Don’t mind if I do.” - Enjoy as much as the day as you can. @Krystyna23040, enjoy your trip to Oxford. Best get some koffy on the go.

View attachment 54747
Thank you for your kind posting yesterday, sorry to read that for the time being you are forsaking the sheer joys of motorcycling, but you are doing the right thing, smart. Hmmm Smart car? Enjoy your early breakfast of Tramadol and Ibruprofen washed down with koffy.
Have a great safe day, once a biker always a biker.

Reactions: dunelm

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Another for the getting on with it spirit, @dogslife

Liking the attitude.:)

And looks like your going to be set for a fine jubilee party

Enjoy :happy:
Thank you@jjraak. fbs was 11.2 this morning.:banghead: Tempted to feel a bit down as I'm losing the battle but soon overcome that feeling once I'd counted my many blessings. :happy:I wish you well in your recovery journey.:)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I only have super slow mobile internet, so it is like watching outdoor paint dry on a rainy day here...
I am glad your internet is working well @Krystyna23040
Pre Covid, I used to use a secure wifi at a wifi cafe, but like a lot of stuff round here, it is not starting up again. And no way would I use Wetherspoons wifi, you can see all the hackers with their laptops by the electric sockets, pretending not being hackers, looking 'absorbed' in their laptops...
Very wise not to use Wetherspoons @gennepher. Before I went supersonic my speed was 2mps. Now it is 997mps. When I first went supersonic it actually made me feel dizzy as everything moved so fast.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who did and didn’t sail on the good ship Venus where the figurehead was…ahh whoops slipping back into my long past rugby playing days, shame really, but never mind, life has new challenges like putting my socks on in the morning.
Bloods this morning were 5.2 and more importantly I have made Mrs J’s tea, my next trick will be not listening to her impart (un)important information to me.
Today, me, me’s and myself hope to ride my motorcycle too a seller of vegan bacon sarnies, ignore my telephonic communicator which will be full of messages along the theme of where are you? Have you done this etc, etc, etc.
Enough of this, stay safe all.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Coffee drunk doggies walked everything packed and we are shortly on our way. First stop Sutton Hoo and then on to our lovely hotel at Orford. I am so looking forward to visiting Sutton Hoo again.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you@jjraak. fbs was 11.2 this morning.:banghead: Tempted to feel a bit down as I'm losing the battle but soon overcome that feeling once I'd counted my many blessings. :happy:I wish you well in your recovery journey.:)
Like your spirit, keep plodding on, so many things affect blood sugars, It’s wonderful you keep posting, a shining example to us all, we might win or lose a battle, but diabetes is a long drawn out war, you will win in the end.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Like your spirit, keep plodding on, so many things affect blood sugars, It’s wonderful you keep posting, a shining example to us all, we might win or lose a battle, but diabetes is a long drawn out war, you will win in the end.
Thank you @Alf-Josiah for your kind comments. You are right. I am concerned for the first time in my long diabetes journey that damage is being caused by my on going raised levels and my non alcoholic liver disease but I still have the option of increasing my diabetes medication. It is what I hoped to avoid but at least it is still an option available to me. At the end of this week it will be 4 weeks since stopping the statins which I believed to have caused my sudden increase. If no improvement I have agreed to ring my GP to discuss a change in diabetes medication. I wish you well on your journey.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone from a cloudy but dry giant airbase - The Kindness of Strangers - in the none too Exotic East. No fbg because what would it actually tell me that I could affect? Grandchildren's sleepover went as well as we could have asked for. They and JKP remind me of why all this nonsense is worth the fight - #staygrounded. @gennepher another wonderful kaleidoscope and amazing series of observations and insights - thank you. @dunelm thank you for the art. I'm glad Durham went well and that is a good idea about the car. Enjoy the walk. I'm very limited just now as I have a trapped nerve which limits my walking - very quickly tells me time is up. I could probably swig morphine and exercise but that seems stupid . I prefer habituation to the pain than the oramorph or any painkillers.. I do need some when being a passenger, driving seems ok but most of my hospital appts advise not to drive after.. @Krystyna23040 have a really relaxing break. More investigation tomorrow - Lat flow needed at 3.00 pm precisely with evidence of result. How will they know it is mine? Meanwhile Elsie remains a bleep nuisance/suspect and the attached is about right IMHO. Despite the foregoing my faith is intact and I sincerely wish everyone a peaceful, joyous day however alien to me the content - even if you eat bacon or prefer koffy to tea.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-30 10.18.26.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-30 10.18.26.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hello everyone from a cloudy but dry giant airbase - The Kindness of Strangers - in the none too Exotic East. No fbg because what would it actually tell me that I could affect? Grandchildren's sleepover went as well as we could have asked for. They and JKP remind me of why all this nonsense is worth the fight - #staygrounded. @gennepher another wonderful kaleidoscope and amazing series of observations and insights - thank you. @dunelm thank you for the art. I'm glad Durham went well and that is a good idea about the car. Enjoy the walk. I'm very limited just now as I have a trapped nerve which limits my walking - very quickly tells time is up. I could probably swig morphine and exercise but that seems stupid . I prefer habituation to the pain than the oramorph or any painkillers.. I do need some when being a passenger, driving seems ok but most of my hospital appts advise not to drive after.. @Krystyna23040 have a really relaxing break. More investigation tomorrow - Lat flow needed at 3.00 pm precisely with evidence of result. How will they know it is mine? Meanwhile Elsie remains a bleep nuisance/suspect and the attached is about right IMHO. Despite the foregoing my faith is intact and I sincerely wish everyone a peaceful, joyous day however alien to me the content - even if you eat bacon or prefer koffy to tea.
Good morning @ianpspurs. Just to say empathy for the trapped nerve pain and best wishes for tomorrow. You are blessed to have grandchildren, something I will never experience. Take care and enjoy your tea.:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
“Mr Blackbird needs a course in anger management.” - priceless. Mrs Dolittle opens first anger management clinic for animals. Thank you for the garden goings on and a splendid buttercup kaleidoscopic with little yellow cat faces.
:happy:
Thank you @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 54747
Quite intricate and delicate, with muted colouring @dunelm
Mysterious...