What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay for the sixes. Hope the cough is getting better. @DEBBIESCOTT enjoy SW19 - JKP and family lived there - could hear the noise of ball on racquet- and hated that fortnight. Go Team D.
Thanks Ian. Now feels like a chest infection, gave up trying to sleep at 05.30 and headed for the sofa and tea. FBG then was 8.2 so I have decided to stop testing for a few days. Happy Wednesday everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ian. Now feels like a chest infection, gave up trying to sleep at 05.30 and headed for the sofa and tea. FBG then was 8.2 so I have decided to stop testing for a few days. Happy Wednesday everyone.
Sometimes all testing does is remind one that illness/stress/the weather etc mess with bg and no amount of tweaking diet will solve that so best to take a break. @Pipp I genuinely think that is on topic.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sometimes all testing does is remind one that illness/stress/the weather etc mess with bg and no amount of tweaking diet will solve that so best to take a break. @Pipp I genuinely think that is on topic.
Would be even better with your fasting blood glucose reading!:banghead:
Though you will be missed here.
Mine today, is 5.8.:)

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Would be even better with your fasting blood glucose reading!:banghead:
Though you will be missed here.
Mine today, is 5.8.:)
Solid fbg. Re the other part - Frankly my dear ........ :angelic: very much the least of my concerns just now.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.7 - “Sunset Strip!

And in other news, the Double Glazing Army have pulled up their tent-pegs, doused their fires, fed their Peugeot Van and head off for Glass Fields new.

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT

Shahnaz2357

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 for me today. It is a bit disappointing for me since my fasting numbers have always been in the 4s.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Libre 6.3
Contour 4.8
14 mile bike ride after work yesterday,
Gym this morning
Have a good day everyone

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I thought I had posted this earlier but it seems not so today's fbg was 5.6. :)

RoughcutAU

Missed posting yesterday due to problems with app... probably just as well as it was my worst in quite some time.

This morning was a miserable 8.5. At least down on yesterday. Fingers crossed tommorrow brings better things.

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 for me today. It is a bit disappointing for me since my fasting numbers have always been in the 4s.
Still good number, though, @SZB2357 . I think that because it matches mine today, and I am very happy with that.
@kateivanen welcome here, and hope you will stay with us, and see your fasting levels improve.

Reactions: Ryhia