What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pipp you're making great strides with the Fast keto 800 eating plan - well done. I was going to ask if you thought the book was worth buying? I have Michael Mosley's fast 800 diet book however many of the recipes in that one are just too high in carbs for me. About the only things I cook from it are his recipe for Bolognese sauce and his smoked mackerel and spinach frittata.
@Ryhia I bought the fast 800 paperback, and not tooimpressed with the layout of recipes, as only calories not carbs listed, and they seem to be carb heavy.
The Fast 800 keto recipe book, looks much more promising. Haven’t followed any recipes yet. I am using up freezer contents before planning meals and buying ingredients. Quite impressed with the contents of the book. Simple recipes, low carb, with carbs and calories listed. Think it is work of MM’s wife, rather than his. Can get similar recipes on diet doctor site, but I like having the book pages to flip through for inspiration.

So that I don’t derail the thread, I intend to start a thread elsewhere, later, mainly for myself to chart what Ibam doing and intend to achieve.

As per intention not to derail this thread.…. Sunday fasting 7.2. Today 7.4.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Ryhia I bought the fast 800 paperback, and not tooimpressed with the layout of recipes, as only calories not carbs listed, and they seem to be carb heavy.
The Fast 800 keto recipe book, looks much more promising. Haven’t followed any recipes yet. I am using up freezer contents before planning meals and buying ingredients. Quite impressed with the contents of the book. Simple recipes, low carb, with carbs and calories listed. Think it is work of MM’s wife, rather than his. Can get similar recipes on diet doctor site, but I like having the book pages to flip through for inspiration.

So that I don’t derail the thread, I intend to start a thread elsewhere, later, mainly for myself to chart what Ibam doing and intend to achieve.

As per intention not to derail this thread.…. Sunday fasting 7.2. Today 7.4.
Thank you for responding I know it was a bit of a derailment and I apologise but I am really interested in what you are doing so please start a new thread.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 here. Corn fed chicken, swede puree, cavolo nero and kale make some kinda meal I guess. Like all Elsie hacks they aren't the real deal. Whatever else it is.that isn't Sunday lunch. Nutes and vits all good though - big picture? Pretty rubbish for fbg. I ate it watching Harry Kane team stick 2 fingers up to Pep so came out even. Much too late for eating Sunday lunch btw. @Pipp I'm rooting for you: let us know the thread title. Diet Dr? Sheesh, include me out - cabbage casserole? Just stop it :arghh:

Last edited:

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Morning all. Beautiful day here, hope it is wherever you are. Sunshine makes you forget how cold it is! Bedtime 6.2. 6.45am.....6.2. At least it's consistent and not going up. Happy Monday all. :happy:
Certainly does as I stepped out later this morning and retreated rather hastily! 6.4 bg so not too bad considering

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.3 here. Corn fed chicken, swede puree, cavolo nero and kale make some kinda meal I guess. Like all Elsie hacks they aren't the real deal. Whatever else it is.that isn't Sunday lunch. Nutes and vits all good though - big picture? Pretty rubbish for fbg. I ate it watching Harry Kane team stick 2 fingers up to Pep so came out even. Much too late for eating Sunday lunch btw. @Pipp I'm rooting for you: let us know the thread title. Diet Dr? Sheesh, include me out - cabbage casserole? Just stop it :arghh:
When Kane has scored his 358th goal in top flight football he will be able to say he has surpassed the great Jimmy Greaves

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.6 - Truly happy with this. Yesterday 7.8. When I approach “Sir Lancelot of the Blood”, I kinda know what’s gonna happen: No SuperGlued Tongue; Blood erupts fast and clear-ish and last night’s soup was ten hours away.