What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
On top of everything else, Neil tells me that Dutch lorry drivers are just refusing to drive loads to Britain because it wastes too much of their time, sitting in queues for days while the customs people struggle to cope with the amount of traffic. Fresh produce doesn't do too well in a 4 day queue.
Don't blame me :), Brexit was an immense act of right wing Tory self harm. Lies were told and those who were minded to believe them we're hoodwinked.
We shall be paying for it for the next twenty years.

We have another problem here, which I believe obtains elsewhere! We have a shortage of pharmacists, They are not sure when they will get one in locally! We have been for my medicines twice which are made up and got my name on them but they can't be given out without a dispensing chemist on site!
D.

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't blame me :), Brexit was an immense act of right wing Tory self harm. Lies were told and those who were minded to believe them we're hoodwinked.
We shall be paying for it for the next twenty years.

We have another problem here, which I believe obtains elsewhere! We have a shortage of pharmacists, They are not sure when they will get one in locally! We have been for my medicines twice which are made up and got my name on them but they can't be given out without a dispensing chemist on site!
D.
What are we coming to? Trouble is, I don't know that anybody has a plan for fixing it all now.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another stupidly early wake-up with a headache to boot. Worrying moments after updating iPhone - wouldn't scan the Libre until a couple of reboots and this morning was playing silly beggars again ...
Anyhoo: 5:10am 6.2 ➡️

Golf at Sandown Park was windy and uninspiring - it was their Par 3 course which I suppose is useful for practicing approach, chipping and putting but it was like playing on a moor, it was so windy, and I vaguely remember that about playing there before. Two nine hole golf courses are literally nestled inside the race course! Not a place I would go to again. Also, my OCD collecting of magnetic ball makers drew a blank there and next door at Thames Ditton and Esher, where I played a few times when starting out. So I think for now I am cured of my desire to add to my collection.

Nice lodger and Egyptian lodger are both nice guys but the Egyptian guy has become a little lazy and things came to a head the other day when I had to remind him to share the cost of buying loo roll for the downstairs bathroom he shares with the other guy - and had to tear a strip off him for leaving a light on in his room when he was out all day.

Quite often we have to clean up after him and because he is out working later than us (works in a restaurant) he has a habit of leaving things like the bins for us to do. But a gentle word telling him that he's being a bit rude towards other lodger by expecting him to buy all the toilet roll and never replacing anything, taking bins out, bringing them in etc - and the other day I was stunned to see him actually get out of his room and get the bins in without being asked.

So now I need to go invest in a white board so we have a rota for the bathroom (for them to clean) and for communal things like washing up sponges, surface cloths and kitchen roll. But - need the income from the rent so... rock - me - hard place. But they get on well, and he pays his rent promptly and we keep out of each other's way so... could be a lot worse (and has been with lodgers past).

Today's training is my elliptical this morning... I always feel surprised that this gets the heart-rate going way more than walking and plodding on the treadmill or even the spin bike! Then have to schlep into town to put money in my treat account and then do the finances and hope that the BBC laptop will let me in after over a month since last shifts, and will let me do what I need to do for the weekend's shifts.
Also working at the golf club on Sunday and then racing back for a BBC shift so that will be... exhausting. Still... needs must.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the Deep South. Well, not that deep, they don’t have the accent for it. Mid south perhaps. Last full day here so best make the most of it. Art bit - this in now complete so best think of something else to calm my insanity. Have as fruity a Friday as you can. Koffy is now calling.

1677831750457.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Surely no politicians have unruly blond hair and plant their seed all over the place like Vikings?
Indeed Derek and @jjraak: Perhaps I was rash, cancelling Ramsey Bolton. Then I'm reminded of Psalm 15 and my own negligence, weakness and deliberate faults - mea culpa mea maxima culpa. Would it make this country a better place if we all still gathered at Tyburn? Wouldn't diminish the need for one food bank. I do get the sense that as a nation there is a very deep need for "closure" but like those wanting their own view of justice over Iraq and the dodgy dossier there is huge disappointment in store.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Its still morning in Little America, how you doin'? @gennepher thanks for another spiffing (no L so thanks autocorrect) ovine creative. The eyes definitely have it in this one. Order, order - we miss you Betty. RIP. @dunelm an extravaganza of colour in today's art. Surely moving away from the D and D into the namby-pamby saarf hasn't discombobulated you? You'll be going native and searching out Waitrose next - ok probably too far. As you were. @RFSMarch good to see ya and hear that the boys play nice. @Krystyna23040 hug for Poppy and surely the combined awesomeness of Mr K and the vet will solve the problem. SSSF today after a 21 hr fast yesterday - unplanned but events dear boy, events. Mutton casserole is, well, just like lamb casserole only cheaper. Several levels above the salt marsh lamb we were fed at the Stradey Park Hotel - why so many Ls in that language? The attached tickled me pink as no one says. I've warmed (slightly) to Gideon after his "peerless ability to be condescending (£)" within the confines of a two word text. Enjoy Friday - last one this week. When its gone its gone. (Attachments from the Guardian morning briefing - Archie Bland today)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-03 09.47.44.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-03 09.47.44.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot 2023-03-03 10.34.45.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-03 10.34.45.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from the Deep South. Well, not that deep, they don’t have the accent for it. Mid south perhaps
Wellll....you do know if it's not LONDON or lower, it not officially the south at all.

More of the lower south edge of the north bit, sort of thing.

Or at least that's how investment & trains work.

Hth's. :)

:hilarious:

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Indeed Derek and @jjraak: Perhaps I was rash, cancelling Ramsey Bolton. Then I'm reminded of Psalm 15 and my own negligence, weakness and deliberate faults - mea culpa mea maxima culpa. Would it make this country a better place if we all still gathered at Tyburn? Wouldn't diminish the need for one food bank. I do get the sense that as a nation there is a very deep need for "closure" but like those wanting their own view of justice over Iraq and the dodgy dossier there is huge disappointment in store.
Less to do with his other damnations, more to do with his lying & dehumanising of a nation during the Covid Klondike years.

Sure others thought Nuremberg unnecessary.

The joys of thinking differently .

Enjoy the day.
Best wishes for the grandson & MiL.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Right that’s enough of nicety mamba pamby bit.

Yesterday was a trifle busy and continued with a takeaway Chinese, he did squeal as we dragged him out of the shop, not really, the chinese food did result in blood sugar reading of 7.4 . Those words in that order “ todays reading “ is slightly ecumenical which should make a few posters think at last he has seen the light!

For no known reason I am grumpy, but thankfully the others of me have declared war on the grump one, but it does make for interesting conversations with Mrs J if I can be bothered to listen.

Now I must depart and find my tin helmet.

Stay safe and warm.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Right that’s enough of nicety mamba pamby bit.

Yesterday was a trifle busy and continued with a takeaway Chinese, he did squeal as we dragged him out of the shop, not really, the chinese food did result in blood sugar reading of 7.4 . Those words in that order “ todays reading “ is slightly ecumenical which should make a few posters think at last he has seen the light!

For no known reason I am grumpy, but thankfully the others of me have declared war on the grump one, but it does make for interesting conversations with Mrs J if I can be bothered to listen.

Now I must depart and find my tin helmet.

Stay safe and warm.
Hug for the UG*

*Unexplained Grumpiness.

Tin helmet on here, in solidarity

Not something easily shared or understood in partners.
But it's real & it does help if we're honest about it.

Sharing here, is the next best thing.

My prescription is ride.
Just GO

(...IF you can. )

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Taking it easy today. 6.5 FBG after a late sleep to 5 am. Something must be working on me, or I wouldn't have slept so long. I thought that the expected day had come when I wouldn't be able to get out of my bed, but with a lot of effort, I made it. Luckily, Neil had an old packet of codeine to add to paracetemol to replace my prescription which hasn't turned up yet. Hair dresser cam at 11 am to cut my hair, so I feel a bit smarter now. Still, not doing much though. Legs still objecting but Alistair is going to go to the pharmacy today and see if the prescription is there yet. Hopeful.

I bought myself a 2 litre vacuum jug from Amazon and gave it a thorough was before making a flask of tea for today - to save me getting up and down so often but it tastes foul, so I'll have to have another think about that. Maybe something to do with the complicated lid which has a kind of pump action. Maybe didn't get it clean enough. I'll have another go at it. It's a Von Chef one and it certainly keeps the contents hot.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Less to do with his other damnations, more to do with his lying & dehumanising of a nation during the Covid Klondike years.

Sure others thought Nuremberg unnecessary.

The joys of thinking differently .

Enjoy the day.
Best wishes for the grandson & MiL.
Thanks for your good wishes for grandson and MIL and, indeed, those of all the others here. Grandson has face to face appointment at his surgery in Cambs later today. MIL has had 1 negative and one positive COVID test result so stick or twist decision for JKP. Informed of negative about 12.00 pm then 1.30 pm , oops, now a positive. JKP was told she needed 2 negatives but hospital and MIL want her out. As for he who should go quietly, the narrative from the crazies is to paint him as a martyr for his libertarian beliefs and Br**** . The Hancock and that detestable woman nonsense is all part of the disinformation/dead cat (sorry cat lovers, just a well known phrase) campaign. Public interest my Jim Royle . Hancock was a pro-lockdown remainer and she was slipping down the crazy league table - pure coincidence. A (not very) wild guess is that the damaging (damming?) headlines from that committee report were leaked so she used the whatsApp messages.

Last edited: