What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My goodness Gennepher! You do seem to have a violent streak. Quite forgiveable in the circumstances.
You think so?

1704564048208.gif

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Forgot FBG this morning. Woke late. 9.40 and had to get up and go to collect poultry from our French friend. Should have been delivered yesterday, but news of an accident delayed that.
Seems to have been bad news all round yesterday. Our friends son was badly hurt in the accident, her sister (who has cancer) is much worse after a period of remission.
In my family. A cousin who is only a few days younger than me is probably dying of cancer and my youngest brother has has yet another operation trying to improve circulation to his heart. Apparently the surgeons "did what they could" which to me doesn't sound very hopeful.
The only good news is that MrSlim is starting to feel better. Just as well because I suspect he has generously shared his "cold" with me.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Fbg 6.3

The lowest in awhile, then my morning got spoilt by the car not starting because of cheapskate parts. And then me not being able to lock it because everything was dead. So I had to be watching out for it until the RAC man arrived. He was lovely.

It meant I was 3 hours later before I collected my meds and did my shopping, and by that time it's very difficult finding car parking spaces, and the disabled spots were taken by 2 separate taxi drivers and a third person whom I later saw sprinting back to their car without any apparent sign of disability. This meant the only space left to me was restricted and not enough room for me nor my walkerto get out of the car easily. So, I struggled, and by the time I got back I was too tired so went to bed and have slept since. It is now nearly 4 pm...

Creative - make of that what you will.

Wildlife nighttime video
Badger wants a drink BUT the water is frozen.
The badgers always want water in my garden. And constantly return to this bucket of water all night...
36 seconds

I hope you had a good day...

View attachment 65372
You're the key to my heart.........Isley Brothers
Key to my heart.........................The Emotions.

Still very sixties, still very, very Austin Powers, or the chick (sorry) in it! Can't remember her name?

Fabulistic.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Clear skies, so thick coat on for a bit of stargazing, for my sanity and to do some breathing exercises.Get a great view to the south, West and partial view to the North.
Still waiting for Beetlegeuse to blow.

Strange day, having the afternoon to myself, managed to read while sport scores on. And managed to cook some chicken with vine tomatoes, large and succulent. Mrs L is sore but with us for now.

Hope y'all a very nice weekend.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Not a huge fan of Keaton's early silent movies stuff, inventive as they were @Lamont D

But he really shone in his later stuff ..

Cracking little film, nice to meet a fellow fan.

View attachment 65382
I know! @jjraak
Why didn't they do a sequel, or even a prequel?

Reminds me of, one of my neighbours, but Michael looks a lot tidier!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.3

The lowest in awhile, then my morning got spoilt by the car not starting because of cheapskate parts. And then me not being able to lock it because everything was dead. So I had to be watching out for it until the RAC man arrived. He was lovely.

It meant I was 3 hours later before I collected my meds and did my shopping, and by that time it's very difficult finding car parking spaces, and the disabled spots were taken by 2 separate taxi drivers and a third person whom I later saw sprinting back to their car without any apparent sign of disability. This meant the only space left to me was restricted and not enough room for me nor my walkerto get out of the car easily. So, I struggled, and by the time I got back I was too tired so went to bed and have slept since. It is now nearly 4 pm...

Creative - make of that what you will.

Wildlife nighttime video
Badger wants a drink BUT the water is frozen.
The badgers always want water in my garden. And constantly return to this bucket of water all night...
36 seconds

I hope you had a good day...

View attachment 65372
Cretins using disabled parking bays, lovely retro, ska feeling art reflecting recent events

lindisfel

Expert
I can't remember telling you I was retired and had no grandson some twenty year ago.. In the spring we had all our windows changed for new high spec ones of imitation wood and my PSA was found to be 22 at the longest day and I knew what it meant.

It was near mid summer when we had a day from home on the east coast and went up the Northumberland coast and stopped looking across to the Farnes at stag rock and Bamburgh Castle was bathed in the sun on the sw side.
It was just perfection looking out to sea, looking a if it were just made in the Creator's plantand put in his show room.

By late evening we were enjoying sitting briefly in the car by the Esk at Langholm after coming back through Scotland.

The day crashed then,
the doctors number was
on the phone when we got home. I knew what it meant.

I got diagnosed eventually with a stage 3 bilateral prostate carcinoma. What did it mean? I knew because when I retired I was the senior tech repair for Carlisle linacs.

They told me with hormone therapy I could reach 70. It was three years before my grandson was born. So I had a death sentence. A guy who I knew he was our butterfly man for north Cumbria and I knew him well he had a lower psa than me. Friends and medics, and Helen, all thought I would lose £30,000 we had to spend on holidays in our old age never to enjoy. I was looking for two cycles of cryotherapy privately.
She believed I was wasting my time but took me down from merseyside, where I had booked two rooms for two nights at Oxford
In Guildford I saw a nice man, and they are always nice when your paying them.
He looked at scans (I had to pay for a dear MRI at Carlisle to take to him.They were ages giving me the scan reports and then I could go south.)

He confirmed the tumour and said you need to have conformal radiotherapy and I will write to your doctor...,
Of course the cancer may have seeded your body, in which case the therapy would not be of any value.

As Helen drove back to Oxford I was floating on air, and the prostate charity in Carlise pushed the message of the lying medics.

I saw the cancer oncologist in prostates at Newcastle, a big Geordie with the accent to match, he said and I am sorry you took so long to get here , men in Cumbria have a raw deal. And that, Dyson is a strange man, ( the oncologist at Carlisle) I kept his linacs going for nine years and he pretended to be a friend.
Dr Pedley was an open guy. Helen is more oath bound.
We heard her say it when she quaified..her fellow drs were her brothers. She would never have gone on strike.

Would you have trusted Carlisle?

But now twenty years later I know they are different. And I am not sure if its not due to number of muslim doctors we have now

My doctor got Dr Davis referral before I got back and I was off to Newcastle straight away and I got a taxis every day for treatment planning and treatment c.40 days.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
We were walking up our road yesterday, a staggering old man with a stick in front. The vehicles and rain has carved a deep gulley down the hlll past the cottage. We walked in single file back to our drive on the very ede of the road. A young woman in a big van came down the road edge straight for me, looking me straight in the face. I held out my walking pole at arms length and shoulder height and pointed straigt at the screen, she paused and turned away before she didnt hit. She had an infant in a car seat.
D.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We were walking up our road yesterday, a staggering old man with a stick in front. The vehicles and rain has carved a deep gulley down the hlll past the cottage. We walked in single file back to our drive on the very ede of the road. A young woman in a big van came down the road edge straight for me, looking me straight in the face. I held out my walking pole at arms length and shoulder height and pointed straigt at the screen, she paused and turned away before she didnt hit. She had an infant in a car seat.
D.
I wonder if you movement caused her to notice you - some people don’t seem to see any further than the end of the bonnet when driving.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a bit of a dreich start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.5 on the wheel of fortune this morning. So Laura Kons-berg is going to ‘grill’ Richy Smoothmac - sounds like the entertainment at the liar of the year annual dinner just before the incompetence awards are dished out. You couldn’t make it up - well you could - how about - we will make a tv programme about the post office and all of a sudden politicians and the fuzz are woken out of their catatonic state as if Oliver Sacks had been round sticking L-DOPA into them. Note to self; stop looking at the news. Art bit - third exercise - same movement with the blockbuster video card. I hope your day contains some joy - mine will begin with a cafetière of koffy followed some exercises.

1704616266773.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a distinctly chilly L.A. on day three of the 94th birthday events. Sunday lunch with #3 son and Tractor Ted's biggest fan means completely able bodied people (made with a fully functioning, long lasting back) and "helpers" to box up and put away Christmas decs. Winter can "do one" now for me. I'm pretty certain dark, cold days weren't what Eden was like, just a reminder of where exercising free will and ignoring one's maker leads. Your mileage may vary - especially you skiers, snowboarders and Fen skaters. @lindisfel hug for the painful part of the memory - I really do know where you are coming from. Just now I'd take a functional half your 20 years or Hezekiah's 15 (haven't seen a lump of figs mentioned in my treatment plan) in a heartbeat but I'm so pleased for you and Marjorie you've had yours . @dunelm thanks for yet another wonderful piece of art. The news? as requested by the Atlas Network allegedly. My highlights reel at sleep time today will involve two grandchildren, my family, JKP, and the pork she chose and lovingly cooked. Enjoy your own personalised highlights package everyone as a gift from The Almighty.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A peanut and Montazumas induced 6.4 this morning. Was absolutely starving last night and gorged on peanuts and 100% Montazumas while watching the excellent programme on the post office scandal. I always have higher fbs if I eat late - even if it is low carb.