What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All
MIA again not sure when I last appeared. Been a challenging week. Eye injection on Tuesday was complicated and the injector in frustration I suspect had a rant and made it all my fault. He even managed to bruise my cheek underneath. The new bathroom finished but the shower pump failed and needs to be replaced, not sure how long it will take. One of my cats having a tooth removed today the cost of which is alarming.
Tried to speed read all your posts. @maglil55 thanks for the chicken cacciatore recipe very useful for whole chicken legs. @ravensmitten sorry to hear about your accident and hope you are getting better and as others said I hope you will dip into this thread when you can. There’s such a nice community here.
So yesterday usual brekkie slice of LC toast, cooled with thick butter, copious tea. Lunch was two hardboiled eggs with mayo piled on top of slice LC bread.
Supper was chicken, chorizo, red pepper stirfry with paprika and cauli rice.
Today same brekkie.
Lunch eggs again, scrambled with Parmesan shavings on top.
Supper will be chunky cod fingers and broccoli.
Good to see you back @PenguinMum after a week full of incident. That eye injection alone sounds like an ordeal. I hope the bruising didn't prevent you from enjoying your chunky cod fingers and hope it doesn't keep you awake tonight.

Best wishes for a steady recovery.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: hm full fat yoghurt, with milled seeds and 8 blackberries
(@shelley262 my yoghurt is too runny, can I reheat it and re do in the yoghurt maker for another 24 hours?)

L: 2 slices livlife bread as cheese in toast. 2 cc chocolate pots with cream.

Then planned to go out but nearest motorway closed so couldn't even get out of the village as gridlocked.
Decided to do some low carb baking... but found only had 1 egg :( . Made 6 lc caramel crunch cookies instead, and ate the lot over the next couple of hours. Had forgotten the gut effects of the equivalent of 10 no sugar sweets in one go. Still very bloated and windy 6 hours later, :depressed:

Met friends at Indian restaurant. Had tandoori Salmon. Menu said 'and salad', but that turned out to be minimal garnish, so picked at too much sag aloo. Drank only water.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In beautiful Slovenia. Low carb going well, window shopping only for the beautiful pastries:)
Yesterday
B Yog,blueberries,seeds
L Cheese salad
D Butterflied grilled chicken breast with mozzarella and tomato topping,sautéed aubergine and courgette.Glass of the Slovenian dry red wine.
What a fsscinating itinerary @sueh21 and low carb meals provided too!

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have had many meals outside with the sun going down, in the little village in Sicily where relatives live. Vineyard just down the road and so many glasses of vino, cannot beat it. That's where I fell in love with the cooked muscles with drizzled lemon juice, fresh fish and olives. I cook so much with the Italian herbs, it takes me back to happier times. I even managed to keep my basil plant alive this year on my window sill. I love the Italian coffee but cannot tolerate it, and the biscuits are more the size of cakes! Happy times :)
Ah! fresh fish, lemon and olives (sigh). Know what you mean about the herbs @Lainie71. I kept forgetting to sow basil last year and really,, realy missed it. Well done for keeping yours going on a window sill. My outdoor plants always turn black of course in November,

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Guys please can we keep the chat to a minimum in this thread as mods request the other day in this post

Post in thread 'What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)'
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today-low-carb-forum.75781/post-2694070

One or two lines is fine if it’s on topic but not whole paragraphs e.g. “was out to lunch so had …… or “gardening today and needed a snack” this isn’t directed at any one particular member but all forum members.

Going forward posts that are going off topic or are too much chat will be deleted. Again if you want to chat then please use this thread here

"What have you eaten" Parallel Chat

Edit mod

Last edited:

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter, avocado and three crevettes seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Walnut and mushroom roast made with onions, eggs and flax 'egg', (customary breadcrumbs omitted) garlic, vegetable stock and rosemary.
Vegetarian gravy
Dolmas using broccoli leaves, leftover cauliflower rice, pine nuts, garlic, tomatoes, paprika, sweet red peppers and olive oil.
Carrots cut on the diagonal, onions and apple peel sautéed in butter.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.

D: Seafood salad made with mussels and brown shrimps, lettuce, Romano peppers, celery, baby plum tomatoes, Kalamata olives, flat-leaf parsley and salad onions, with a dollop of home-made aioli for dipping, topped with roasted macadamia nuts..
Water to wash down tablets.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: spiced beef mince and peas.

2nd meal: the rest of the pork loin steaks Neil bought instead of chops. I'll bash them flat and cook as schnizzel using ground walnuts and some herbs as the "breading". No veg - surely what I had so far is enough for the day.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
I am going over to the parallel thread from here on because I really enjoy the chat and I need to follow @Antje77 adventures and know that @Annb is ok and hear all your news and food choices so I am hoping you all come over also.
Today usual brekkie of slice LC toast, cooled with thick butter, copious tea.
Lunch was large chunk of mature cheddar and 4 small water biscuits. Tea.
Supper will be crispy roasted chicken legs with Poetobellow mushrooms.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It doesn't have to be either / or
I use both, food here, chat about other things there
Seems the perfect solution. :)
Also the reason for the two threads with their distinctive purpose.

Just so I don’t derail this thread, today I have eaten
Breakfast : 4 walnut halves and a tablespoonful of Full fat Fage yogurt, black coffee x2
Lunch: slice of toast from Serious Low Carb loaf, (thank you to the regulars here, who informed me about this brand, it really has liberated me, a toast addict that had been feeling deprived) with butter, and a small piece of cheddar , decaf black coffee
Dinner : sea bass, pan fried in butter, with lemon and parsley garnish, green beans, sugar free tonic, with a slice of lemon, and an imaginary shot of gin. ;)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Edited, venison, not version!

Nibbling day today, not planned just how it's panning out .

No breakfast but thought I shouldn't go shopping hungry so had a few lc cheese biscuits that I made yesterday and a cwc

Early lunch, an avocado with some homemade kimchi . A proper full sugar Portuguese egg custard tart. (Not proud of myself, no reason just no self control)
Late lunch , a venison burger with a little more kimchi. A lc hot chocolate

No dinner as such, just a few more cheese biscuits and a brandy

Last edited:

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's food
Mid morning hm kefir
Lunch left over salmon from yesterday served cold with an avocado, a few nuts and my microgreens ( keeps auto correcting to microbrews sounds much naughtier!) followed by a couple of English strawberries and hm yoghurt
Dinner pork stroganoff with cauliflower mash and glass of red wine followed by LC chocolate brownie.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: LC bread roll with smoked salmon and cream cheese and a side of coleslaw.

2024-04-19 19.01.39.jpeg

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast was lc toast with avocado and scrambled egg. Forgot to add the chilli crisp which is what I was planning when I bought the avocado. Urgh.
Lunch was mixed salad leaves with a bit of left over baked ham,( actually leftover), cambozola and a wedge of roast beetroot. Oil, apple cider vinegar and poppy seeds. A roast nugget potato With lots of salt.
Dinner will be cauliflower walnut taco “ meat” with red cabbage, pico de gallo and sour cream on a lc tortilla or two. It’s the weekend so may include a gin or two.
Hope you all have a good weekend.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter and avocado, seasoned with black pepper plus a wedge of ewe's milk Beenleigh Blue.
Water to swallow tablet.
Double espresso.

L: Packed lunch made with leftover walnut and mushroom roast.
Celery sticks and baby plum toms with lettuce cups for scooping and a dollop of home-made mayonnaise for dipping.
Prawns and brown shrimps.
Almonds and hazelnuts.
Water to drink.

Mid-afternoon black filter coffee.

D: Smoked salmon and cream cheese salad made with rocket, celery, baby plum tomatoes, salad onions, Halkidiki olives and Romano peppers, dressed with olive oil, lemon verbena and a touch of lemon juice, topped with pecans.
Water to wash down tablets.

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was lucky yesterday, went to my neighbour for a beer and got a perfect low carb meal!
Crispy chicken legs, eaten standing at the stove, directly from the pot, very easy on the washing up. :hilarious:
Any drips of fat and fallen pieces were cleaned up by dogs and cats right away too.

Before bed I had a strategic portion of crisps without insulin to prevent the usual lows every time I sleep at my neighbour's place, which worked out perfectly. :joyful:

1713604350211.png