Pedometer Challenge Thread

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not laughing Thommo - honest!

3279 so far today. I wanted a walk in the sun at lunch but i couldn't manage as I'm taking time off for the hospital shortly :(

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sometimes happens when the DF is too high Thommo. Have you tried lowering the damper ? I've done it lots of times and it ain't pretty :cool:

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

I have a Waterrower like this one http://www.waterrower.co.uk/rowing-machines/waterrower-natural-rowing-machine-with-s4-monitor.html so there isn't a damper to adjust, its more like a real boat, the oar bites immediately and if you push with your legs faster than you can accelerate the water in the tank your bum goes up in the air! I just have to apply the power to the oar a bit more smoothly lol.

Anyway step wise I've only managed 4470 so far today so will be hitting the rower this evening (not literally I hope though)

Reactions: 4 people

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Only 6237 so far today. Unfortunately it started raining heavily ten minutes into my lunchtime walk, so it had to be cut short and I managed less than half of the distance I'd prefer to walk as i got soaked. Sitting in the office dripping water is not a great thing to do. :(

Reactions: 2 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
10,341 here. Pretty pleased with that, 3.5K run helped!

Reactions: 4 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
3.5k run is just thrown in there nowadays :)

Ok I used the word "run" awfully lightly there. I should have said I travelled 3.5K and didn't die. Took me 24 minutes. That should indicate how much of it I walked lol

Reactions: 5 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
still haven't got a new one.

too much work going on at the moment to a government deadline, so only managed 6.4km run today

It's 10pm in Toulouse and I'm still at it :banghead:

Weens12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Catch-up time...!

Friday - 15396
Saturday - 13850
Sunday - 18759 - :woot:
Monday - 6879 :meh:
Tuesday - 15859
...and today - 16946 ... no more today ... ped's OFF :couchpotato:

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5719 today... Not great but not awful

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
managed 6.8km today, plus a bit of walking round the factory.

Managed to dose apprpopriately for a French lunch as well.

Still too much work though.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Well done for your first time Andy.

What's your target for next year, now you know what you can do ;)

tbh i feel like i could do it 20 minutes quicker, that may be unrealistic but i did go too slow at the start, but then i dont know how id have felt at 17 miles had i done that, but im quite happy to kill myself trying, and i suffer from the awful feeling that i could have pushed harder at the end of everything i enter, its a morbid feeling of if i can walk i didnt try hard enough lol, but im not nervous about the marathon in a few weeks now which is great because i was terrified before :) thankyou mate

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi carra,

I have a fitbit and have worn it everyday for about a year, although not always consciously paid attention to the numbers. It is remarkable what just being aware of your activity levels can do. I think on an average day, even with my workout I would get around 6000 steps. For the last week or so I've been making a conscious effort to up my numbers averaging around 9500 so it shows the difference being aware of it can be as you start to think of ways to up your activity.

Yesterday was a cardio workout so I managed 12,200 steps, woo hoo! Today is my rest day however I have decided to make an effort to go for a walk after work so I'm not completely sedentary all day.

So far I'm up to 1678 today :)

Absolutely brilliant!!!
That's a great way to keep motivated! Keep up the good work, and if you need any advice or further encouragement please take a look at the Team blood glucose website that is designed to help inspire and support anyone with diabetes to get more active.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
3279 but it's a gorgeous evening so going home to fetch the dog for a nice walk :)

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Only about 7000 yesterday, but a massive 19612 so far today, mainly thanks to the dry weather, a day off work, and a really long walk round Oxford.

Reactions: 5 people