best type of cheese

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Beardie you lot need quit fooling yourselves it is because they are ****. That word starts with s and ends with t. .........EISH!!

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My favourite cheese at the moment is laguiole. It was popular with my 4year old grandson when they came to visit in the summer ( he turned down the cheaper offferings!) so I had to bring some for him to eat over Christmas.
I also brought raclette for a raclette supper, some reblochon for making tartiflette for another supper; (not a low carb recipe!) and some Roquefort for those that like it (I don't)
Here's my local cheesemonger http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2012/06/17/1379949-jeanot-le-fromager-qui-file.html He is a man who clearly enjoys his work (but I have to say his size reminds me not to eat too much)

Reactions: 6 people

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
My favorite cheeses are Brie or any type of Blue cheese but I have to eat them sparingly as cheese is very high in calories and if I eat it every night after diner I will invariably but on weight so I just eat it occasionally.

Cheese generally wont harm your bg levels but can definitely harm your waistline.

K

Kat100

When assisting my client with shopping on Friday at Sainsbury's, some cheeses were better than half price. A large half moon size of Stilton, £1.00, small rounds of cheese 50p and in a small bag, a round cheese and a small bottle of Cockburns Port, £ 1,00.o_O:) Client bought all of these, what a bargain....... and I didn't buy a morsel :-(
You missed a bargin ...I do that then wish I had bought when seen ....:arghh:

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

I adore cheese ...I have got used to a nice Chedder 30% less fat ....I like it ...
I can be a cheese adict any day .....but have reduced the amount I eat ....
I have a Camembert to melt in the oven will try it and chop up some veggies to dip in.....yum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Mmmmmm, really glad that cheese is still on the menu after reading this :happy:

Although, I will have to give up the ones that contain apricots or have them in very strict moderation :(

I have tried these, tbh I don't like fruit in cheese's. I am going to have some ( a little bit ;) ) of Edam with my lunch :happy::hungry:

Reactions: 4 people
K

Kat100

It is grated for you @Robinredbreast

Seriously I love cheese ....sometimes with a picked onion ...yum x

So do all the garden birds ....we are keeping lots of grated in a box in the fridge ...they are addicts as well :D

Reactions: 4 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
i like double gloucester,sometimes with a gherkin

Reactions: 3 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I adore cheese ...I have got used to a nice Chedder 30% less fat ....I like it ...
I can be a cheese adict any day .....but have reduced the amount I eat ....
I have a Camembert to melt in the oven will try it and chop up some veggies to dip in.....yum

I normally go for the low fat cheddar as well.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nipped in Asda for a bottle of wine and a loaf for Husband came out with nearly £40 worth of stuff 3house brick sized blocks of strong cheddar a couple of packs of assorted cheeses obviously left over from Christmas ,they were all greatly reduced :) Then we went to the wine department the bargains were amazing!!
CAROL

Reactions: 6 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Nipped in Asda for a bottle of wine and a loaf for Husband came out with nearly £40 worth of stuff 3house brick sized blocks of strong cheddar a couple of packs of assorted cheeses obviously left over from Christmas ,they were all greatly reduced :) Then we went to the wine department the bargains were amazing!!
CAROL

Sounds like you cant wait to get home and sample the goods, I am full of unashamed envy.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Cheese ? Can't get it out of my thoughts mmm and pickles and some ham on a cocktail stick sooo yummy. Can't read this thread no more, making me hungry lol.

K

Kat100

CAROL
Enjoy x

beardie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My favourite cheese at the moment is laguiole. It was popular with my 4year old grandson when they came to visit in the summer ( he turned down the cheaper offferings!) so I had to bring some for him to eat over Christmas.
I also brought raclette for a raclette supper, some reblochon for making tartiflette for another supper; (not a low carb recipe!) and some Roquefort for those that like it (I don't)
Here's my local cheesemonger http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2012/06/17/1379949-jeanot-le-fromager-qui-file.html He is a man who clearly enjoys his work (but I have to say his size reminds me not to eat too much)
I never knew laguiole was a cheese. I have some overpriced cheese knives by that name so that must be why they are called that. tartiflette was one of my favourite foods, we had it about once a month. Never again though unfortunately.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

beardie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We bought them in Nontron from a shop the seemed sell little else as I remember. And now that I have thought about We bought one of there corkscrews in Paris for even sillier money.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I find that the Fromage des Vosges from Lidl is a nice cheese if you are prepared to let it mature to past the eat by date. It's OK before that but it really develops.

It's a camenbert style cheese and the older and crustier and runnier in the middle, the better in my opinion. The nutitional info is given here: http://www.fatsecret.com/Diary.aspx?pa=fjrd&rid=2063625