best type of cheese

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Beardie you lot need quit fooling yourselves it is because they are ****. That word starts with s and ends with t. .........EISH!!

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My favourite cheese at the moment is laguiole. It was popular with my 4year old grandson when they came to visit in the summer ( he turned down the cheaper offferings!) so I had to bring some for him to eat over Christmas.
I also brought raclette for a raclette supper, some reblochon for making tartiflette for another supper; (not a low carb recipe!) and some Roquefort for those that like it (I don't)
Here's my local cheesemonger http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2012/06/17/1379949-jeanot-le-fromager-qui-file.html He is a man who clearly enjoys his work (but I have to say his size reminds me not to eat too much)

Reactions: 6 people

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
My favorite cheeses are Brie or any type of Blue cheese but I have to eat them sparingly as cheese is very high in calories and if I eat it every night after diner I will invariably but on weight so I just eat it occasionally.

Cheese generally wont harm your bg levels but can definitely harm your waistline.

K

Kat100

When assisting my client with shopping on Friday at Sainsbury's, some cheeses were better than half price. A large half moon size of Stilton, £1.00, small rounds of cheese 50p and in a small bag, a round cheese and a small bottle of Cockburns Port, £ 1,00.o_O:) Client bought all of these, what a bargain....... and I didn't buy a morsel :-(
You missed a bargin ...I do that then wish I had bought when seen ....:arghh:

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

I adore cheese ...I have got used to a nice Chedder 30% less fat ....I like it ...
I can be a cheese adict any day .....but have reduced the amount I eat ....
I have a Camembert to melt in the oven will try it and chop up some veggies to dip in.....yum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Mmmmmm, really glad that cheese is still on the menu after reading this :happy:

Although, I will have to give up the ones that contain apricots or have them in very strict moderation :(

I have tried these, tbh I don't like fruit in cheese's. I am going to have some ( a little bit ;) ) of Edam with my lunch :happy::hungry:

Reactions: 4 people
K

Kat100

It is grated for you @Robinredbreast

Seriously I love cheese ....sometimes with a picked onion ...yum x

So do all the garden birds ....we are keeping lots of grated in a box in the fridge ...they are addicts as well :D

Reactions: 4 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
i like double gloucester,sometimes with a gherkin

Reactions: 3 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I adore cheese ...I have got used to a nice Chedder 30% less fat ....I like it ...
I can be a cheese adict any day .....but have reduced the amount I eat ....
I have a Camembert to melt in the oven will try it and chop up some veggies to dip in.....yum

I normally go for the low fat cheddar as well.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nipped in Asda for a bottle of wine and a loaf for Husband came out with nearly £40 worth of stuff 3house brick sized blocks of strong cheddar a couple of packs of assorted cheeses obviously left over from Christmas ,they were all greatly reduced :) Then we went to the wine department the bargains were amazing!!
CAROL

Reactions: 6 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Nipped in Asda for a bottle of wine and a loaf for Husband came out with nearly £40 worth of stuff 3house brick sized blocks of strong cheddar a couple of packs of assorted cheeses obviously left over from Christmas ,they were all greatly reduced :) Then we went to the wine department the bargains were amazing!!
CAROL

Sounds like you cant wait to get home and sample the goods, I am full of unashamed envy.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Cheese ? Can't get it out of my thoughts mmm and pickles and some ham on a cocktail stick sooo yummy. Can't read this thread no more, making me hungry lol.

K

Kat100

CAROL
Enjoy x

beardie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My favourite cheese at the moment is laguiole. It was popular with my 4year old grandson when they came to visit in the summer ( he turned down the cheaper offferings!) so I had to bring some for him to eat over Christmas.
I also brought raclette for a raclette supper, some reblochon for making tartiflette for another supper; (not a low carb recipe!) and some Roquefort for those that like it (I don't)
Here's my local cheesemonger http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2012/06/17/1379949-jeanot-le-fromager-qui-file.html He is a man who clearly enjoys his work (but I have to say his size reminds me not to eat too much)
I never knew laguiole was a cheese. I have some overpriced cheese knives by that name so that must be why they are called that. tartiflette was one of my favourite foods, we had it about once a month. Never again though unfortunately.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

beardie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We bought them in Nontron from a shop the seemed sell little else as I remember. And now that I have thought about We bought one of there corkscrews in Paris for even sillier money.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find that the Fromage des Vosges from Lidl is a nice cheese if you are prepared to let it mature to past the eat by date. It's OK before that but it really develops.

It's a camenbert style cheese and the older and crustier and runnier in the middle, the better in my opinion. The nutitional info is given here: http://www.fatsecret.com/Diary.aspx?pa=fjrd&rid=2063625