What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percival

Type of diabetes
Type 2
:p Nah, bread never rocked my boat anyway... nor rice, nor pasta and as for pizza... my idea of hell... didn't have to give up much really, except the dreaded porridge.. :D I was so sick of it you cannot imagine... sooo happy to give it up and eat eggs and cream and cheese and and and.... :joyful:

So glad to read your message. I was misinformed when I started on Insulin that I had to eat carbs and I put on so much weight until I realised that I should eat mostly proteins. Now I feel in the lap of luxury with cream, eggs and bacon, cheese. Etc. Lost weight, feel lively....so good ! Barbara

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

:) I'll know just what to do the next time a wildebeest is charging through my life.... I find that dark chocolate eggs have that slipping tendency... but in our house they tend to do it more than once... shocking isn't it?
I've been bought a mint Green & Blacks dark choc one..... Sooo looking forward to it....moderation being the key of course although it is easier with dark choc not to snaffle it all at once ;):eek::D

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

I made oopsies to show off to my husband this morning and they're quite flat and not a bit like they were last time... :( They will probably taste just as good though.. I wonder if my BP needs replacing?
Yesterday had oopsie ham, lettuce and Philly sandwich
Lunch was salad with pastrami, cambazola and olives
Supper was chicken soup with all the veg I could find... hot chocolate with cream to take to bed...
Good job I know you mean baking powder not blood pressure ;) cos that would be rather difficult to replace ;)

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

Yesterday
Breakfast: half 500g pot of Alpro coconut yoghurt with chia seeds and desiccated coconut
Dinner: half butternut squash roasted then "hole" filled wth wholegrain basmati rice flavoured with star anise, bay leaves and cardammon pods, and served with diced feta cheese
Tea: carvery roast
Snacks: same as breakfast but no coconut, 2 sugarfree digestive a la Jan ;)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
So glad to read your message. I was misinformed when I started on Insulin that I had to eat carbs and I put on so much weight until I realised that I should eat mostly proteins. Now I feel in the lap of luxury with cream, eggs and bacon, cheese. Etc. Lost weight, feel lively....so good ! Barbara
What a lovely, positive message Barbara... :) I'm so glad you've hopped on the low-carb wagon with us... have you seen the 'Low Carb Recipe' thread? Try the stracciatella cake... warmed up with cream it is heaven... :hungry: It still has calories of course, but I just have a thin slice, then justify another, later... :)

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I've been bought a mint Green & Blacks dark choc one..... Sooo looking forward to it....moderation being the key of course although it is easier with dark choc not to snaffle it all at once ;):eek::D
What a thoughtful Easter gift... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B: Oopsie made into a 'wrap' with Philly, ham and lettuce, espresso w cream and berries with goat's yoghurt...
L: Mini quiches... and a chunk of Roquefort....
D: Will be salmon, mashed swede, cauliflower, baby asparagus and LowCarb cake with cream...

I've spent hours today making loads of mini quiches to take away with me... I worry about eating the right stuff when I'm in hotels... I always have BabyBel with me and 85% chocolate but you can't live on that! So, I made 6 smoked salmon, broccoli and cheddar... 6 buffalo mozzarella, tomato (from my garden!) and torn basil leaves... 6 cauliflower cheese with baby asparagus and broccoli, putting mustard and creme fraiche into the egg... 6 Philly, spring onion and red and green pepper, and I have chopped ham and mushroom with nigella seeds ready to go next, with a little parmesan on the top ... I'm exhausted and my husband has already eaten three... :) I'll make some almond bread to go too and I'll feel happier - I travel so much it becomes a nightmare - the numbers always seem to rise... I will get my BG balanced one day for sure... :p

Reactions: 10 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Bullet coffee
Soon time for afternoon coffee with Jersey cream and coconut oil, possible a piece of cheese (Reblochon)
D: Planning a cheesy 3-egg omelette and maybe a couple of fresh organic strawberries with double cream (being a little naughty, it's Ester isn't it)

Reactions: 6 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey, @modesty, hi!

How are you, and how is the weight loss? Still happy?

I've plateaued a bit, but the next step down may turn up any day... :)

Reactions: 6 people

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done :joyful: - you've ":singing:picked yourself up, dusted yourself off, and starting all over again...........:singing:."

I'm sure we ALL have binge days - I know I do..... - record it, forget it, move on.....:)

Oh yeah! Had one yesterday. Had to take my son for a doctor appointment yesterday, picked him up early and went for lunch. The salads just weren't doing it for me, so figure, hey.... cheat day, why not, last one was at Xmas. Ordered a sizzler steak plate.....sliced steak, onions, peppers....etc, then build your own wrap in a warm tortilla.

I had 3 of the 4 wraps, plenty of cheese, sour cream and salsa on top. Really enjoyed each bite. Then the evening came, muscle tightness, especially in the upper back and neck. This then lead to a headache, which tightened the muscle more. Circular process going on here.

Long story short, in bed by 7:30, feeling like ****, hoping to sleep it off. Woke up several times during the night still in pain....

Feeling much better this morning, but I'm sore all over. Breakfast was a 3 egg spinach, mushroom and goat cheese omelet. Finally starting to feel like myself.

Blaming the bbq sauce and the white flour tortilla wraps for this one. In the end, thinking that it's just not worth it, till I end up doing something like this again in a few months. Part of being human, even through we know better, desires in the end some times win out, and that's okay. Pick yourself up, dust off and continue on your journey. :)

Reactions: 13 people

Amanda61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've not been feeling tip top this week either, and the only thing I can
Put it down to is that on 3 occasions last weekend and Monday i
had been sprinkling xylitol on my strawberries. It gave me
very bad stomach pains and I couldn't go to the toilet :(
Doctor suggested I took fybogel. That didn't work either.
Last night I had a very small bowl of cereal with whole milk and
hey presto ( it worked).

On some good news, the diabetic nurse is very pleased with me.
I've lost nearly a stone in 4 weeks. I went for fasting bloods so will let you
Know when I get the results.
The smell of those hot x buns in asda this morning ... I wanted one :arghh:

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Spinach & stilton frittata
L: Chicken soup with whole lentils & aduki beans
D: Beef stew (buckwheat gravy) with steamed veg
Snack: Fake focaccia bread & cheese
Or maybe berrries & cream
And maybe cocoa with almond milk & cream
Although buckwheat is carby it doesn't spike me so I'm assuming cereal grains (even spelt) are what does the damage.

Reactions: 8 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Spinach & stilton frittata
L: Chicken soup with whole lentils & aduki beans
D: Beef stew (buckwheat gravy) with steamed veg
Snack: Fake focaccia bread & cheese
Or maybe berrries & cream
And maybe cocoa with almond milk & cream
Although buckwheat is carby it doesn't spike me so I'm assuming cereal grains (even spelt) are what does the damage.

If I remember correctly, buckwheat isn't a grain, and is in fact related to rhubarb.
But I may have pulled that out of a surreal dream...

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B runny boiled egg with 1 slice of burgen (soldiers) 3 bacon
L few slices of ham with big bowl of salad
slice of dark choc cake the misses made me for Easter
D chicken and long bean curry
probably another slice of cake

Happy Easter all :)

Reactions: 9 people
G

gemma6549

After 5 days of soup I started back on solids

Lunch; salad of lettuce and prawns

Fell asleep after that so dinner is undecided!

Reactions: 3 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
If I remember correctly, buckwheat isn't a grain, and is in fact related to rhubarb.
But I may have pulled that out of a surreal dream...
Yes, rhubarb, sorrel & knotweed (thank you wikip). But still 72 grams per 100 carbs.
Wikip also says it is being studied for use in treating Type II diabetes.

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Yes, rhubarb, sorrel & knotweed (thank you wikip). But still 72 grams per 100 carbs.
Wikip also says it is being studied for use in treating Type II diabetes.
I still need to find that article about "available" carbs that says some carb listings shown all carbs although not ALL carbs are "available" for use by the body and just pass through.....

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: 250g Alpro almond yoghurt with chia seeds and almond flour
Dinner: Butternut squash, wholegrain basmati rice flavoured with star anise, bay leaves and cardamon pods
Tea: Quorn mince and Homepride chilli sauce with more of same rice
dessert 4 sugarfree digestives sandwiched together with choc hazelnut butter topped with squirty cream (pre 5.6; post 6.2; post ano 30 mins 5.5)

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning... welcome back! I will post a recipe for you... why did you salt the courgettes? This recipe does not call for that... I bought a spiralizer but it's been delivered to the UK and I will not see it till May... I'm looking forward to trying it... courgettes in ribbon works well though... it's not the easiest thing to do and you waste a bit, but it's so nice to have 'pasta'... my daughter-in-law does it with a lemon zest, dill, creme fraiche and flaked poached salmon sauce.. very nice, and so easy on the tummy... :) Sorry, forgot the file... it's in the next post..

Thanks susikav! I salted them to try to draw out some of the water so that they don't go too mushy when cooked. I tried it again on Wed without salting and they did give off rather a lot of water in the pan even though I only cooked them for a very short time. I made the best of it by picking them up with tongs and squeezing them.

wed: brunch was a pan of scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onion, cheese, but of sweet corn, tomatoes, smoked salmon.
dinner: attempt 2 of courgette spaghetti, qualified success, served with meatballs and mushrooms and a bit of red pesto and cheese.
Snack: 90% Lindt.

Yesterday: B: 2 scrambled eggs with cheese, half an avocado, smoked salmon, teaspoon hollandaise.
L: pan of stir fried red Russian kale with a can of tuna, spring onions, red pepper, bit of cheese, mushrooms.
D: 4 black farmer sausages, pan of the kale with onion, peas and cheese, mushrooms. Small handful almonds.

Felt hungry yesterday so ate more than normal. Think it's the jet lag unwinding.

Status
Not open for further replies.