What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Pancetta omelette
S: Chunk of cheese while I walked the dog
L: Mixed salad with oil and balsamic dressing, cheddar & Brussels pate, stewed rhubarb & cream
D: Liver& bacon with buttered tender stem broccoli, sugar fee jelly & cream

2 stone lost since I started LCHF nearly 9 weeks ago. Need to stop losing now but enjoying my food and feeling full most of the time. Any tips for stabilising welcome!

Reactions: 6 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: same as, really like it
11: Black coffee alone
L: same as, ditto, made different with large olives...
Sn: nuts and cheese
D: crust-less flan, duck eggs, d cream, softened red onions, cauliflower and chorizo, topped with Gruyere cheese, rasps and creme fraiche and lots of water through out the day....

My wife suggested crust-less before I was diagnosed, I struggled with making pastry like my fav cafe does...., but I was always not so keen..... how stupid was I.... it's brainless to make and is simply the "New Nice".... and my BGs are always well behaved after it... lovely.

Reactions: 7 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Pancetta omelette
S: Chunk of cheese while I walked the dog
L: Mixed salad with oil and balsamic dressing, cheddar & Brussels pate, stewed rhubarb & cream
D: Liver& bacon with buttered tender stem broccoli, sugar fee jelly & cream

2 stone lost since I started LCHF nearly 9 weeks ago. Need to stop losing now but enjoying my food and feeling full most of the time. Any tips for stabilising welcome!
I started eating an avocado a day... loads of cals and lots of fat and not filling.... toms and olive oil with a bit of garlic/chilli for snap is all you need...

Reactions: 4 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I started eating an avocado a day... loads of cals and lots of fat and not filling.... toms and olive oil with a bit of garlic/chilli for snap is all you need...
Thanks. Have just finished 5 days of an avocado a day so thought I should have a break! Always had them with mayo so must try with garlic & olive oil.

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. Have just finished 5 days of an avocado a day so thought I should have a break! Always had them with mayo so must try with garlic & olive oil.
I am treating avocado like baked potato - stuffing them with tuna mayo and baking in the oven. Serve with salad for a tasty lunch. Will experiment with different fillings. Bacon and brie sounds good for a start!

Reactions: 8 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Spiralised homegrown courgette.... Wonderful!!!

Reactions: 10 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am treating avocado like baked potato - stuffing them with tuna mayo and baking in the oven. Serve with salad for a tasty lunch. Will experiment with different fillings. Bacon and brie sounds good for a start!
I've never tried baking an avocado - how long, at what temperature, in the skin or peeled?

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've never tried baking an avocado - how long, at what temperature, in the skin or peeled?
All I do is halve it and take stone out, leaving the skin on. Remove a slither of skin from the bottom so it doesn't roll around on the baking tray! Stuff and fill as you like and bake for about 15 mins at 175C.

Reactions: 12 people

Shelly69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: 3 slices of smoked cheese and ham, coffee n cream
L: 2 hard boiled eggs, spinach, radish, pepper and Mayo
D: Sausage and cauliflower mash
Snacks: Dark chocolate

Reactions: 5 people

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Plan for this lovely Thursday (which is my Friday)...
B- coffee/cream, 2 HB eggs, 4 bacon
L- smoked salmon (from my travels), broccoli slaw made w/ mashed avocado and mayo, seasonings
D- sauerkraut with something else...I am craving sauerkraut
S- chia pudding

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have to ask:
What's with the sugar?
Have your numbers always been low double digit or are they working their way down?
In wonder.

Hi Hankjam,

When I was first told I had type 2 Diabetes, I tried several artificial sweeteners, but they all left an awful taste in the back of my throat, so I went back to sugar but only half what I use to take. No, I was between 6 and 10 for a few months, then I stopped walking and they went through the roof, hitting high teens (16) up to mid 20's, so I started walking once again and I changed my diet to a (LCHF) but it's only been since I started reading this information on this Forum, which has been really helpful, also I test my BGL's every morning as soon as I wake up, then again just prior to going to bed at night, but then during the day sometimes I do and sometimes I don't, but my levels have come down considerably, as this morning they were 9.9 and about 30 minutes ago they were 11.2, which I know is still really high, but that's half of what they use to be, so I just need to follow what I'm doing and hopefully they'll come down much more. Anyway I'm hopping they do, anyway I'm going to say bye for now as I want to watch some of the 2nd Ashes Test, so you take care and I hope to catch up again in the future.

Stemar, (Downunder)

Reactions: 5 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Plan for this lovely Thursday (which is my Friday)...
B- coffee/cream, 2 HB eggs, 4 bacon
L- smoked salmon (from my travels), broccoli slaw made w/ mashed avocado and mayo, seasonings
D- sauerkraut with something else...I am craving sauerkraut
S- chia pudding
I'm currently horsing down Sauerkraut, SK, as I now know it, at every opportunity.

Reactions: 6 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some Yirgacheffe. Followed by a gorgeous Columbian (NOT Sofia Vergara).
Last of the Lamb Broth.
My cholesterol levels have absolutely gone to hell. Cardiologist has been up my **** for months about exercise which should help bring it down. Also, my peanut binge is about to make a comeback so in response I am planning to buy a cheap dehydrator. this munching is just a bad habit so maybe zucchini or kale crisps would be much less damaging...
& A1C came back at 5.6 or 37mmol.

Reactions: 8 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All I do is halve it and take stone out, leaving the skin on. Remove a slither of skin from the bottom so it doesn't roll around on the baking tray! Stuff and fill as you like and bake for about 15 mins at 175C.

I’ve spent some time on Pinterest and found some ideas for this. (Then a quick trip to the supermarket to get some more avocados)

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Yeo Valley live organic yogurt with ground cinnamon, 500ml Evian
L: 6 egg (large organic free range) frittata shared with husband (very rare he gets to work in our town so a treat) containing organic spinach, wild rocket, leek, spring onions plus home-grown organic chives, parsley, coriander, basil, mint basil, mint.
Mug of tea
D: noo idea yet

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The baked avocados sound really interesting. I like avocados but either have them with salad or prawns, which gets a bit boring. Avocados stuffed with Brie and bacon and cooked sounds great!! I'm definitely going to try that. Thank you. :)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Some Yirgacheffe. Followed by a gorgeous Columbian (NOT Sofia Vergara).
Last of the Lamb Broth.
My cholesterol levels have absolutely gone to hell. Cardiologist has been up my **** for months about exercise which should help bring it down. Also, my peanut binge is about to make a comeback so in response I am planning to buy a cheap dehydrator. this munching is just a bad habit so maybe zucchini or kale crisps would be much less damaging...
& A1C came back at 5.6 or 37mmol.
My cholests are similarly bonkers and my GP is ready to fling statins at me... I've been pretty low carbs for sometime and not a flicker with my cholests... she reckons it's my genes and no amount changes going to change it... got till the autumn to see if it will change.... the downer is my last three statin trips trashed my kidney function... so not too thrilled with fat metabolism...
wish you luck and good fortune on your quest to solve 'em.
Hj

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Homemade quick bread with almond butter
S: piece of cheese
L: Chicken salad with mayo and 50g of homegrown new potatoes (no spike :)), blueberries & cream
S: Coffee & cream
D: Avocado baked with tuna & goats cheese (fabulous - I’m a convert!), green salad, strawberries and cream cheese cloud

Reactions: 10 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Yog, rasps and pecans and black coffee.
L: (out) cheese and leek flan and salad
D: Lamb curry, carrot almond hazelnut pine nut pomegranate salad and aubergines.... pant pant to aubergines... a glass of red wine.
Lots of water
@hankjam what yogurt do you have ?