Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday started well but rapidly went downhill - fried eggs on seeded toast for b/fast, chicken and bacon sandwich for lunch, rice cake for afternoon snack and then....chicken chow mein, chicken pieces with sml amount of sweet&sour sauce, crispy beef strips with chilli sauce, one piece of prawn toast and one spring roll :woot::woot:! Went to bed with BS at 7.1 and down to 5.2 this morning so hopefully not too much damage!

Babsflute

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wet weather (don't want to walk then). Sprouts and cabbage! Not being able to eat some things I used to enjoy.
Meter reading 5.9 before breakfast. Breakfast: 1.5 shredded wheat, 4 prunes, 1 Golden delicious apple. Dinner: 4 small potatoes, green beans and carrotts and lamb with mint sauce. A flat peach and a banana. Tea will be lunch tongue sandwich on 50/50 medium bread and small piece of fruit cake.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Avocado salad, some pork scratchings and 4 glasses of water so far.

Reactions: 2 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Breakfast = Scrambled eggs with honey roast salmon pieces. An Apricot & a plum.
Mid morning snack = Irish Diet Fruit yoghurt.
Lunch = Tuna & Mayo salad with small portion of new potatoes. Sliced strawberries.
Dinner = Planning to have Hot crustless quiche, brocolli mornay, baby sweetcorn, mange-tout & new potatoes. Pudding will be a stuffed baked apple with cinnamon/cream.
Snacks this afternoon/evening: Cheese, handful of grapes.

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
toast with granary bread
homemade celery soup
pork steaks salad followed by 6 strawberries

type 2 diabetes

Hi @jimlpool. Would you mind sharing your homemade celery soup recipe. It sounds lovely. X

Last edited by a moderator:

photognut

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Cheddar cheese and onion omelette. Squirt of guilty pleasure... HP Brown sauce.
L: Slice of Paleo bread with butter and cup of tea.
D: Just making tangy peanut sauce to go with Pad Thai chicken, spinach, pok choy and roasted cashew nuts on a bed of spaghetti squash and kelp noodles this evening.

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Bowl of Weetabix Minis Fruit & Nut & semi-skimmed milk
Tarka Dal from Morrisons followed by a nectarine
Oven baked salmon fillet with lambs lettuce, tomato and a small squirt of thousand island dressing.

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Brunch: Grilled Cheddar cheese & sliced beef tomato toasted on a split Lidl high protein bread roll.
Dinner: Chicken & Brocolli bake, mixed roast vegetables, Sauerkraut. Slice of homemade key lime pie.
Snacks: prepared fruit salad made with green grapes, pineapple, galia melon. And, bag of quavers.

Reactions: 6 people

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
Mid morning breakfast of apple and plum. Lunch small yoghurt apple and small bottle nourishment milk drink (recovering from severe IBS episode last few days) and chicken and rosemary ravioli with small amount tomato sauce.
Appetite very poor and eating what my stomach will accept :(

Type2Guy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Part One: Two slices of toasted whole grain rye bread with two fried eggs in butter. Part Two: 1/2 cup of oatmeal with sliced prickly pear fruit.
Lunch: Rye Bread with brie. Mushroom barley soup.
Snack: Carrot, Handful of peanuts
Dinner: Two pieces of grilled salmon fillets, zucchini
Beverages: Espresso, Seltzer, 2 Low-carbohydrate, low quality tasting Miller Lites, which the brewing company advertises very liberally as the champagne of beers.

Side note: I went full force like a maniac on the elliptical machine at the gym, requiring more fuel, which is why I had bread in two meals. I probably shouldn't have had barley as well. Eating with restriction is a learning process.

Reactions: 4 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast: Part One: Two slices of toasted whole grain rye bread with two fried eggs in butter. Part Two: 1/2 cup of oatmeal with sliced prickly pear fruit.
Lunch: Rye Bread with brie. Mushroom barley soup.
Snack: Carrot, Handful of peanuts
Dinner: Two pieces of grilled salmon fillets, zucchini
Beverages: Espresso, Seltzer, 2 Low-carbohydrate, low quality tasting Miller Lites, which the brewing company advertises very liberally as the champagne of beers.

Side note: I went full force like a maniac on the elliptical machine at the gym, requiring more fuel, which is why I had bread in two meals. I probably shouldn't have had barley as well. Eating with restriction is a learning process.

TUESDAY:

BRUNCH: Cheese & onion crustless quiche, coleslaw, pickled red cabbage, baby plum tomatoes, garden salad with chopped nuts.
DINNER: Steak & egg, a few thick cut rustic oven chips, mushrooms, garden peas, side salad.
SUPPER: One medium size Apple with slices of Orkney Cheddar.
SNACKS: Homemade sugar free summer fruit squash ice lolly. Half a dozen frozen grapes, piri piri biltong.

@Type2Guy, I found that out when I was first diagnosed & was trying to find a beer that had the lowest carb count, that the taste of some low carb beer is the pits. ;) Check out this link. It may help. http://uk.askmen.com/sports/foodcourt_100/128_eating_well.html Page 2 of the link has the taste tests. X

photognut

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B 2 egg omlette.
L Bowl of homemade Tomato and Mascarpone soup.
D tonight = Boring salad with turkey and ham. My fridge has gone kaput so cleaning everything out for the replacement tomorrow.

I'm really envying what some of you guys can eat.

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hello everyone. I don't always post on here. But, I've found it useful to do so recently so I can quickly assess exactly what I eat over a 24 hour period. Helps me fine tune the carb & calorie intake.

BRUNCH: Tuna & cheddar melt on toasted Polish Spelt Rye bread, baby plum tomatoes, Naked Waldorf salad.
DINNER: Grilled Lamb chops with mint glaze, roast vegetables (including on-the-vine tomatoes, chestnut mushrooms, shallots, butternut squash, garlic cloves, green pepper.) Sauerkraut & pickled red cabbage.
SNACKS: Celery sticks with RF humous, SF ice lolly.

I often nip into my local supermarket to pick up some individual Quiches from their in-store Deli. They're low carb, quick, easy, tasty, can be eaten hot or cold & for any meal really. Perfect when you want a night off from the kitchen. Pics below might help. Hope it helps in a small way to make diabetic life a tad easier when it comes to food. X

image.jpg

image.jpg

photognut

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B 1 x poached egg + 1 slice of turkey & 1 slice of ham
L small bowl consisting Blueberries, Raspberries, blackberries, Strawberries dollop of Greek FF Bio yoghurt and 1 tsp Manuka Honey - Then 3/4 hour treadmill work to counteract the spike :D
D Home made tomato and Mascarpone soup with a slice of Paleo bread.
According to my app = 627 calories, 51 carbs, 28 fat, 42 protien, 19 sugar.

jimmyr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Government Leaders who feel they are the owner of ME.
This morning meter reading is 7.8 it is normaly around that mark when i get up, before injection and tabs, then for breakfast i had eggs on toast, usually have Porridge with skimmed milk, but the readings go up throughout the day no matter what i eat, if i am out and in deep conversation about whatever, i know it might sound daft my levels drop pretty fast leaving me feeling terrible, shakey nausius sweaty dizzy, need to eat something sweet to get back to a "normal" functioning person again.
I am in bit of a panic and never stop to consider if its a high or low, but when i eat a sweet biscuit or something i feel fine after a few minutes.

BigAl57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hip hop
Chicken sandwich with a soya and linseed oil loaf, for lunch some strawberries evening meal 2 porkchops , spinach, and a fried egg

AllyH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bad manners, cottage cheese lol
I had bacon, 2 scrambled eggs and four mushrooms for lunch, egg salad for dinner and 2 muller light yougurts. I was wary about the yougurts but tested an hour and a half after each of them and was 6.5 and 5.9 I enjoyed the treat!

AllyH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bad manners, cottage cheese lol
Sorry tested 2 hours after the first one and was 6.5