Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
5.6 - :unbelievable

After all I ate last night .... chocolate binge as today is the first day of 5:2 and being more stringent with myself re diet and exercise until mid-December tests - how is that result even possible?

edited to add - I did not even finish off the choccy as I found it too sweet for some reason ... perhaps its a good thing to fall off the bandwagon once in a while (for me anyway if its putting me off sweet stuff)

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51 and Tim55

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 13.0 back on insulin this morning :(
High blood pressure too. :(
Lergies too. Running on higher bgs not good long term.
I'll try again in the spring, hoping to be more active then.
At least I can see a light at the end of my tunnel.
If on less insulin I'll be delighted for now. I'm rushing things.

Reactions: Tim55

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.1 for me today.

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
6.7 today. I have come to the conclusion that my problem is potatoes! I always indulge (though no more than 4 small potatoes) when I'm at the parents on a Sunday night. And because of that my sugars always seem to be up. Grrr!

Anyway off to my first appointment at the diabetic clinic today. We shall see what they say. Lord knows anything is better than my GP - who have given me sweet nothing as regards advice.

Enough of my rant!

A

asparagusp

'morning all! I was a little apprehensive last night in deciding how much to reduce the Lantus so I decreased by only one unit to seven. Lo and behold, 5.1 this lovely sunny morning. I'm relieved if not happy!

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51