Weekly weigh in - Fridays

rainbow79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Weighed today 8st 13.6 so a loss of just over a pound, never in my wildest dreams did I think I would see 8st on the scales be it only just, was so lovely buying a uk size 8 beautiful dress for Christmas day. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas, enjoy it, treat yourselves and we will all jump back on it in the new year. Thank you to each and everyone who help keep me focused with your own journeys. Merry Christmas :)

Last edited:

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Down to 234lb this morning - one whole stone down from day of diagnosis.
Still 16 stone 10lb, but the weight is going from my middle, mostly, so my waist is shrinking. Most of my clothes with fixed waists simply slide off, so only drawstring trousers are wearable.
Fabulous results. Well done. This weight loss game could become expensive for you.... :D

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First time posting my weight, 12st 6lbs....ouch!!! Maybe I should have waited till the new year, then again it might give me food for thought....lol x
Worrying about weight over Christmas is not helpful. You will probably find that you are very aware of what you eat so will be able to make wise decisions about festive treats. We are human and allowed to have a little fun:rolleyes:

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
92 on the 19th December which is 23 kilos down since 1 July. I'm.going to spend some time between Xmas and the new year going through my wardrobe
Hopefully getting ou t some stored smaller clothes and binning thr stuff that's too big

Strict new diet I January with a fee days " off " ish over Xmas.
Only another 23 kilos to go lol!
Merry Xmas all

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Worrying about weight over Christmas is not helpful. You will probably find that you are very aware of what you eat so will be able to make wise decisions about festive treats. We are human and allowed to have a little fun:rolleyes:
I intend to have a lot of fun. :)

Reactions: ickihun

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fabulous results. Well done. This weight loss game could become expensive for you.... :D
Happily I can make just about every sort of clothing I need - but will hit the sales for bargains - whilst walking around the supermarket this afternoon I was suddenly aware that it was a good thing I was wearing trouser and not a skirt, as my underwear was slowly creeping downwards....

Reactions: jonbvn and Prem51

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Weighed today 8st 13.6 so a loss of just over a pound, never in my wildest dreams did I think I would see 8st on the scales be it only just, was so lovely buying a uk size 8 beautiful dress for Christmas day. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas, enjoy it, treat yourselves and we will all jump back on it in the new year. Thank you to each and everyone who help keep me focused with your own journeys. Merry Christmas :)
Wonderful, congratulations to you. Enjoy yourself over the festive period.:joyful:

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Festive greeting to one and all. :joyful: Enjoy all you can with those you love. We'll all be back in January with tales to tell, and smiles firmly on our faces.:happy:

Cally
xx

Reactions: Prem51

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happily I can make just about every sort of clothing I need - but will hit the sales for bargains - whilst walking around the supermarket this afternoon I was suddenly aware that it was a good thing I was wearing trouser and not a skirt, as my underwear was slowly creeping downwards....
Brilliant!!:hilarious:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My weight has been up and down all week. Hoping for a loss over xmas. Now that would make a change! :)
Well. I have lost. Due to diuretic. I must have been adding slowly or fast, not sure really.
Last week I think I was 132kg-133kg. Just weighed myself am I'm 129.2kg. So I've lost 3kgs or so. (Abour 6lb in old money).
I lost last december too. I was stressed to bits then relaxed into Christmas. Same this year.
Stress and water retention is adding my weight.
Seeing endocrologist 15th feb. Hoping to lose til then at least.
I'm delighted.
At last a loss for me! :D :D :D

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Forgot to post till now. But, did weigh myself on Friday Morning (23rd) and I remain the same = 13st 4 lbs as last week and week before.
But, Well Done to those who have lost weight. :)

Reactions: Freema and Prem51

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
I took a black bag full of cloths to the local charity shop the other day as they simply are way too big for me now.

Trouble is it's shown me just how much new stuff I'm going to have to buy as wardrobe half empty now.
We just went thrift store shopping yesterday-I found some new stuff and some old there, very high quality and a few t-shirts that fit for exercising in. Also look for after Christmas sales-I love to shop but need to stay on a budget. It is the same one that I donate to when I clean out the closet-I saw a few of last years shirts and pants there.

Last edited:

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I weighed on my new home scale which was not a good buy-I can barely read the numbers when I am standing on it and it changes if I shift my balance without moving my feet at all. However it looks like I lost another pound or stayed stable this week. By the way-my Friday is Tuesday because I started posting here on a Tuesday. My doctor's appointments are on Tuesdays and Friday is usually a very hectic grocery and pharmacy day for us.
I will weigh at the gym later today-they have a digital readout scale which reads two pounds higher than my doctor's office I think.

Reactions: Prem51

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I weighed on my new home scale which was not a good buy-I can barely read the numbers when I am standing on it and it changes if I shift my balance without moving my feet at all. However it looks like I lost another pound or stayed stable this week. By the way-my Friday is Tuesday because I started posting here on a Tuesday. My doctor's appointments are on Tuesdays and Friday is usually a very hectic grocery and pharmacy day for us.
I will weigh at the gym later today-they have a digital readout scale which reads two pounds higher than my doctor's office I think.

maybe you need glasses just like me... to see what happens at my feet ..... ;)

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My scales are similiar. They have to be in just the right position to read your weight accurately. Only problem is I have to keep putting them away sidewards to hide from interfering toddler. :( I do my best. That's all I can do. ;)

Reactions: mo53

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
maybe you need glasses just like me... to see what happens at my feet ..... ;)
I have two pairs-trifocals for work use and prescription sunglasses for driving. I still can't read it-all those little black lines just blur together-I have an astigmatism in each eye as well as being near sighted. I should have paid a little more for a digital read out scale. I am sometimes frugal to a fault.