What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheese and pate
Homemade mushroom soup with half an avocado - followed a bit later by brie and some pork crunch as feeling hungry (it's freezing here)
Pepperoni fathead pizza with broccoli and cauliflower planned for tea
Probably a treat of a glass of wine and some 81% chocolate as it's not a work day tomorrow

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@shelley262 I have just made nigella’s olive oil cake. I couldn’t resist I small slice with cream when it came out of the oven - so delicious and I feel so incredibly full! Even the husband liked it ha ha. Thank you. X

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Speedbird that cake’s delicious isn’t it?

Come down with a cold today. Hoping it will be just that and not the nasty virus that has been going round.

Another fasting day so no breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was brined chicken - an adaptation of this recipe http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/253008/buttermilk-brined-chicken/ (use cream instead of buttermilk and ditched the sugar (no replacement needed) and some of the herbs. Served with cauliflower cheese and followed by 8 raspberries and cream. Think I like this even more than fathead pizza.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 I have just made nigella’s olive oil cake. I couldn’t resist I small slice with cream when it came out of the oven - so delicious and I feel so incredibly full! Even the husband liked it ha ha. Thank you. X
PLeased you liked it it was @Goonergal who inspired me! Took remainder over with me today as we were having afternoon tea at my youngest son and partners home with other family and friends and everyone liked it took cream and strawberries to go with it. Delicious.i think the mix of advocado and olive oil worked really well. Did coconut oil last week but think this mix is exceptional. I also put a bit of erythritol in my processor to make fake icing sugar and this improved appearance for a special cake.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Speedbird that cake’s delicious isn’t it?

Come down with a cold today. Hoping it will be just that and not the nasty virus that has been going round.

Another fasting day so no breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was brined chicken - an adaptation of this recipe http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/253008/buttermilk-brined-chicken/ (use cream instead of buttermilk and ditched the sugar (no replacement needed) and some of the herbs. Served with cauliflower cheese and followed by 8 raspberries and cream. Think I like this even more than fathead pizza.
Looks good hope your cold/virus improves it’s been so cold today had snow in south BIrmingham where we went to visit youngest son. I really feel it without my extra fat insulation I was shaking with cold again when we went out for a walk!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well survived today without any major overstuffing!
Stuck with flat white and inulin for breakfast did big fry up for visitors and OH - luckily didn’t feel hungry after yesterday
Lunch celery sticks and Mackerel pate others had sourdough toast with pates, cheeses and avocado
Afternoon tea nigellas oil choc cake with strawberries and cream
Visitors gone - Dinner chicken stir fry with bean noodles (25g works for me and only about 3.5 g of carb)
Now drinking a well deserved gin and soda water

Reactions: ziggy_w

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks good hope your cold/virus improves it’s been so cold today had snow in south BIrmingham where we went to visit youngest son. I really feel it without my extra fat insulation I was shaking with cold again when we went out for a walk!

Pretty cold here today too. No snow but a biting wind. Also feeling the cold a lot more.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausage and fried egg for breakfast
Fathead pizza lunch
Sausage and scrambled egg for dinner followed by greek yog and blueberries.
Made low carb pecan cookies and they've gone down a storm with the family. Had 2 myself and they are yum

Sent from my SM-A310F using DCUK Forum mobile app
Love treats that all family like - you feel a bit more normal sharing the same treat as them!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9am coffeesubstitute and cream
10am coffeesubstitute and cream
2pm lamb shoulder
8pm diet doc pizza. The one which is just grated cheese baked to make the pizza base with pepperoni on top. I decided to try a smidge of veg too (living dangerously, eh?) and sliced orange pepper. 5 olives and a mushroom, then added thinly sliced mozzarella on top. The whole thing is less than 6 inches across and is in the oven now...

Re the Veg Thing: I don't think that there is any reason why my Xmas stomach upsets will still mean that I need to avoid veg and fibre. I am sure that my guts are recovered and I could go back to my usual hearty intake of non-starchy veg. Yet I am reluctant to return to that, for the moment. I am enjoying eating carnivorously (with some dairy and about 2 squares of 70% choc a day). I actually feel very good on it, and my scales tell me that it is good for my waistline too. So I am going to carry on 'zero carbing' for the moment to see what happens.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
9am coffeesubstitute and cream
10am coffeesubstitute and cream
2pm lamb shoulder
8pm diet doc pizza. The one which is just grated cheese baked to make the pizza base with pepperoni on top. I decided to try a smidge of veg too (living dangerously, eh?) and sliced orange pepper. 5 olives and a mushroom, then added thinly sliced mozzarella on top. The whole thing is less than 6 inches across and is in the oven now...

Re the Veg Thing: I don't think that there is any reason why my Xmas stomach upsets will still mean that I need to avoid veg and fibre. I am sure that my guts are recovered and I could go back to my usual hearty intake of non-starchy veg. Yet I am reluctant to return to that, for the moment. I am enjoying eating carnivorously (with some dairy and about 2 squares of 70% choc a day). I actually feel very good on it, and my scales tell me that it is good for my waistline too. So I am going to carry on 'zero carbing' for the moment to see what happens.
Good luck with your zero carbing think I’d find it difficult to cut veg completely as you have albeit temporarily but I have so much less veg than I did on my previous ‘healthy’ woe and I used to eat so much fruit! My digestion seems to prefer the low veg intake anD the limited variety - I find peppers, mushrooms, celery and cauliflower are the ones my digestion really approves of.

suehatton

So the scales say I gained 3lb since yesterday and up to then I had broken my stall and was 1stone down in about 5 weeks. Now I know I didnt eat enough yesterday to gain 3lb...and I know the scale is a cruel tormentor and should be used sparingly but ....... COME ON!!!!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So the scales say I gained 3lb since yesterday and up to then I had broken my stall and was 1stone down in about 5 weeks. Now I know I didnt eat enough yesterday to gain 3lb...and I know the scale is a cruel tormentor and should be used sparingly but ....... COME ON!!!!
I really hate the naughty step when it does things like this and makes you appear to have gained several pounds overnight - luckily when such a dramatic loss or gain happens overnight it’susually a sign of a water retention if a gain or dehydration if a big loss and should correct itself quite quickly too. Trouble is it does have an impact on the way you feel sure it will settle back down if you keep going.

Reactions: ziggy_w

suehatton

I really hate the naughty step when it does things like this and makes you appear to have gained several pounds overnight - luckily when such a dramatic loss or gain happens overnight it’susually a sign of a water retention if a gain or dehydration if a big loss and should correct itself quite quickly too. Trouble is it does have an impact on the way you feel sure it will settle back down if you keep going.
Yes...I know its all an illusion somewhat but still narked by it.
The moral anyway is to not get weighed every day which I don't usually

suehatton

Just thinking about what you said and the loss in the first place was after a few gins so could have been dehydration and this mornings numbers are a more true figure.
Not that Im thinking about it....at all....really

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Sunday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: Half a DD keto roll with chicken liver pate and a wiener sausage with low-carb ketchup, low-carb barbeque sauce, and mustard, a small portion of leftover mung-bean edamame pasta with boeuf stronganoff. Some low-carb mousse au chocolat with clotted cream.

Dinner: A cornsalad with Caesar's dressing, parmesan and two boiled eggs. Half a DD keto roll with tartar and mayonnaise.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just thinking about what you said and the loss in the first place was after a few gins so could have been dehydration and this mornings numbers are a more true figure.
Not that Im thinking about it....at all....really
Or true figure may be somewhere in between! I also know that natural fluctuations can swing you up and down anyway by a few pounds. Have you measured your waist bet that’s still coming down and may be a better indicator than the naughty step.

suehatton

Off for half term this week so lots of experimenting going on with my 11 year old is helping with because shes interested in what Im trying to do.
Just made DD cauli cheese with broccoli sauce and she had 2 helpings and asked for more!! Result. Smoothies this morning were yuk though.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Off for half term this week so lots of experimenting going on with my 11 year old is helping with because shes interested in what Im trying to do.
Just made DD cauli cheese with broccoli sauce and she had 2 helpings and asked for more!! Result. Smoothies this morning were yuk though.
What's DD cauli cheese please? Have you got a recipe? sounds yums