Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Today I’m 0.3kg heavier than last week, so pretty stable. Getting to my new target weight (I would like to lose about another 5kg) is proving to be so much harder than the initial big weight drop, not least because my appetite is really fluctuating. Just need to be patient, I guess.

I've been getting really hungry over the last couple of weeks - getting home from work and finding it really hard to not snack whilst making tea. It's because my BG is so low late afternoon - always in 4s and increasing times its in the 3's before tea.

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To be honest I wasn't too bothered about my weight until I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic and then through this forum realised that my weight was a contributing factor to my condition. I decided to make a conscious effort to loose weight and was told by a work colleague about the Samsung Health app on my phone. Through this you can record various things such as sleep, walking steps, blood sugar, weight and loads of other stuff related to your health. I thought I would start recording my weight through this app, so each morning I stepped on the wife's electronic scales

Here was the first problem. Her scales were designed with the soft delicate female form in mind, so they don't record weight above 120kg. However I took this as a challenge, and through sensible diet and sheer will power 3 weeks ago the scales finally abandoned their misogynist outlook on life and acknowledged my existence at 120.2kg

Weight has been steadily decreasing ever since and yesterday I weighed in at 115.9kg. My plan is to initially get down to 100kg by which time I hope to be in a routine with regards to continuing the weight loss lifestyle and senior management's scales will continue to acknowledge my existence

Brilliant @TTTE - keep up the good work :)

I was quite happy being a large size - I'm not appearance orientated at all and was quite happy at 115kg (not that I knew that was my weight until I had to be weighed at the Drs when I was diagnosed!) The day I discovered my BP was sky high I started weight loss (joined Weight Watchers online the same day) - when I realised I had diabetes two days later that was just another reason to lose weight. I started walking before breakfast the next morning - and have been walking ever since :)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I dont know if it has been anxiety over mums emergency health issue over the last two weeks or the happy news of yesterday that major infection gone -which as she is 87 with diabetes and had low functioning kidneys - is nothing short of amazing ! But lm celebrating today as achieved a further 2 pound loss this week so have hit my three stone target this morning. Does anyone feel it would be good to put the story of my own weight loss journey on a weight loss thread later when have time or is that me taking celebration too far? Whatever I'll continue to hang out here if you'll have me as will need to maintain and those last few pounds have been stubborn so know maintenance isn't going to be a picnic.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Today I’m 0.3kg heavier than last week, so pretty stable. Getting to my new target weight (I would like to lose about another 5kg) is proving to be so much harder than the initial big weight drop, not least because my appetite is really fluctuating. Just need to be patient, I guess.
Think your bgs are so amazingly low it's triggering hunger I know that the two days I hit 3.9 bloods in afternoon I had uncontrollable hunger. I think anxiety over my mum has distracted me past the hunger which is amazing news as not all that long go I would have reached for the comfort food. You are doing so amazingly well and are in BMI healthy range with amazing low blood glucose your next habac1 should be stunning keep going you're a star

Reactions: ToveyKath

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still gaining weight today 93.5 kg taking a bit more levothyroxin and doing exercise Yesterday burned 2000 calories at fitness ate 1800 calories Hope for a turning point soon, had vaccines Yesterday hebatitis A and B and diferitis and tetanus freaking expensive almost 3 x 90 £ here in DK because of going to a wedding in Mexico in autumn , the most expensive wedding I have ever experienced yet will cost me around a 1000£ plus wedding gifts and some Money to pay for my self over there hmmm really hope it will be a wonderful experience

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Not sure whether to weigh-in as soooo constipated. At a&e yesterday as was afraid to take codeine so I became very unwell. Now need another med. Laxative. It's never ending. :(

Weighing in as.... .... 125.60kgs :(
After 2 days of no bowel movement.

Reactions: Freema

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well I dont know if it has been anxiety over mums emergency health issue over the last two weeks or the happy news of yesterday that major infection gone -which as she is 87 with diabetes and had low functioning kidneys - is nothing short of amazing ! But lm celebrating today as achieved a further 2 pound loss this week so have hit my three stone target this morning. Does anyone feel it would be good to put the story of my own weight loss journey on a weight loss thread later when have time or is that me taking celebration too far? Whatever I'll continue to hang out here if you'll have me as will need to maintain and those last few pounds have been stubborn so know maintenance isn't going to be a picnic.[/QUOTE

Shelly your story will encourage and inspire others, I personally love reading the success stories.

Reactions: Happyhomelands

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
. Does anyone feel it would be good to put the story of my own weight loss journey on a weight loss thread later when have time or is that me taking celebration too far? .
Go for it, sharing is always helpful as you might give other people inspiration or details they haven't thought of. 3 stone is a great effort you should be very proud.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been getting really hungry over the last couple of weeks - getting home from work and finding it really hard to not snack whilst making tea. It's because my BG is so low late afternoon - always in 4s and increasing times its in the 3's before tea.

Similar here. I used to do one meal a day with ease. Increasingly I have to eat lunch or snack in the afternoon due to hunger - yesterday was down to 3.6 by 2pm. As you said in your earlier post, it's a balancing act!

Reactions: rainbow79

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I dont know if it has been anxiety over mums emergency health issue over the last two weeks or the happy news of yesterday that major infection gone -which as she is 87 with diabetes and had low functioning kidneys - is nothing short of amazing ! But lm celebrating today as achieved a further 2 pound loss this week so have hit my three stone target this morning. Does anyone feel it would be good to put the story of my own weight loss journey on a weight loss thread later when have time or is that me taking celebration too far? Whatever I'll continue to hang out here if you'll have me as will need to maintain and those last few pounds have been stubborn so know maintenance isn't going to be a picnic.

Definitely open a thread! It's always helpful for others to get insight into the success of others - and congratulations! Really pleased for you.

And do keep checking in here.

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Shelly your story will encourage and inspire others, I personally love reading the success stories

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
.5 kg down @ 11St 12.8Lbs for a BMI of 22.5. Heaviest was 15st 1 and 28.6 so happy with the stats but working on body shape. In my mind I target BMI of 22 but last .5 is soo much harder than first 6!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still not walking well so exercise is a problem. However I’ve bought myself a mini step machine, so I can ‘walk’ without bending my foot which is what is paining me walking normally. It’s way harder than walking normally, it kills my thighs but I’m going to work up from 5 mins per day. Weight loss is very slow at the moment, just 0.1kg again this week :(, but at least downwards.

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 82.6kg 23rdFeb’18
Total lost = 32.4kg/5 stone 1 1/2lb

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
.5 kg down @ 11St 12.8Lbs for a BMI of 22.5. Heaviest was 15st 1 and 28.6 so happy with the stats but working on body shape. In my mind I target BMI of 22 but last .5 is soo much harder than first 6!
Know what you mean the lower you get the harder it gets but you will achieve it I’m sure