Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi, folks.
Just popping in briefly to say goodbye - I’m off to find out if there is life after DCUK after all.
It’s been a wonderful couple of years; I’ve learned so much from all of you and have made some very special friends along the way, for which I will always be grateful.
Wherever your paths may lead you in the future, I wish you good luck, good health and happiness.
And always stay true to what you believe in.
Much love,
Debra xx
:) :) :)
Another one flies the nest. :)
I understand.... Now I do.
Maybe once my health gets to its optimal status I'll feel ready to do the same?
Its been a pleasure knowing you @debrasue.. Have great fun with TTs and even when they become not so BTs. ;)
I know you are much happier now than when you arrived. Much more confident as a diabetic, for sure.
Enjoy life to its fullest... whatever our own limitations, if any; are.
Continue laughing, crying and having fun along the way ;)
I wish you continued success!
Thank you for all your support. Thank you. :bigtears:

Reactions: eddie1968 and heh

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Hi, folks.
Just popping in briefly to say goodbye - I’m off to find out if there is life after DCUK after all.
It’s been a wonderful couple of years; I’ve learned so much from all of you and have made some very special friends along the way, for which I will always be grateful.
Wherever your paths may lead you in the future, I wish you good luck, good health and happiness.
And always stay true to what you believe in.
Much love,
Debra xx
A very heartfelt and slightly regretful goodbye to you, Debra, my good friend. Thank you for introducing me to the low carbohydrate high fat diet, even though due to struggles in my disabilities I found it difficult to comply, but I want to let you know that it was really helpful for me to know what changes I had to make to improve my blood glucose readings and achieve an optimum weight and to feel healthier and cope with my diabetes. I want to let you know that I've enjoyed every moment I've had participating in the Forum's activities and I feel like I'm part of a family. Thank you, Debra, for telling me about soya and linseed bread, glucose syrup in Nestle Coffeemate Light and the low carb spaghetti as well as all the other information and tips that have enabled me to get to where I am today. I love you very much and I'll always pray for you as you're on my prayer list along with @ickihun, @eldergarth, @tina_marie and @13lizanne. Take care, my good friend.

Hugs and cuddles from @JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, Adult ADHD, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus which is an insulin-resistant and muscular pain in my lower back, upper back, right side and below my rib cage caused by wear-and-tear xXx.

Reactions: heh

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Dear friends,

I've had a good 24 hours.

I'm missing Debra from the Forum. She informed me, with compassion and agape love, about alternatives to simple and complex carbohydrates like Celeriac, Cauliflower Rice, 11g carb soya and linseed bread, low carb spaghetti, she also advised me to be mindful of the excessive carbohydrate and added glucose in Nestle Coffeemate and gave me an insight into how to manage my blood glucose levels and help me take preventative measures against diabetic health complications. God bless @debrasue, my special friend and dear Diabetic Master.

I went to my Meeting with Kevin and his wife Vilma, 2 Jehovah's Witnesses who have been helping me prepare for the new eternal earthly Paradise where I know I shall see my deceased lovely Mum, older sister Karen and Uncle Frank again, and another Jehovah's Witness gave me a sentence of scripture that states "...there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous..." which means even people who are unbaptized in the glory of Jehovah will have a place in the new system. That is a beautiful earthly paradise where pain, tears, lament, disease, death and suffering will be no more. Our meeting focussed on Matthew 24 where the kind, compassionate Lord Jesus describes the signs of the end times.

My fasting blood glucose, after medication, and after drinking decaf coffee with 3 Sweetex tablets and a little semi-skimmed milk in each was a bit high, standing at 8.3, probably because of the 12 Quorn sausages I ingested last night between 10 and 11.

I'm now 4 months quit from smoking cigarettes, according to http://www.quitnet.com.

Lots of love,

Johnny xXx.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've come to the conclusion I have a lingering virus.
I've slept for hours, on and off.
Ive slept from 12hrs then woke for 2hrs then went back to bed but feel zombiefied with no energy after those 2hrs were in pain and discomfort from my digestive system.

I hope infection hasn't returned!

I want to return to bed. :(

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@JohnnyBaker12021970 well done with the no smoking
I'm sorry but as a very ex Catholic I can't like your experience with the Jehovah's Witnesses but I hope you achieve what you need/desire from it.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ickihun I do really feel for you and I hope you can get your ailments sorted soon.

Alan, my OH is suffering with a spinal issue that is giving him a lot of pain in his hip, he is waiting for a lumber facet injection. It is affecting his walking and sleeping on his side. But this would appear nothing compared to waht you are going through.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun I do really feel for you and I hope you can get your ailments sorted soon.

Alan, my OH is suffering with a spinal issue that is giving him a lot of pain in his hip, he is waiting for a lumber facet injection. It is affecting his walking and sleeping on his side. But this would appear nothing compared to waht you are going through.
I called appointments and now have an appointment for a senior assessor in the musculoskeletal dept. Phew!
I just need ANYTHING to get rid of my pain and huge discomfort when walking. I'm adamant I want to walk on my own steam. I'd have to be nearly dead before I'd use a wheelchair. I've used an electric buggy in our shopping area in busy (coming up to xmas) times.
However I'm ill every winter. I push myself into the ground. Which is nothing to able bodied dudes but every movement is in pain.
Maybe I do have fibromyalgia on top of back problem.
I wished I'd never pushed my swimming to 3 times a week and stressed with 8yr old to get to physical activities straight after school where it stressed the whole half filled autistic household. If only I could turn back the clock... I wouldn't have tried to teach 8yr old to mini jog with me nor stress to get my bicycle refurbished to join 8yr old on bike rides.
Maybe all too much for me after a baby and 2 house moves!
Looking back now. Maybe!

Pushing exercise which isn't always done correctly can cause huge set back. I feel.

Reactions: laurag2905

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

Bless him. It must be soooo painful.
How long did it take from appointment to booked appointment date for injection?

Reactions: eddie1968

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@JohnnyBaker12021970 well done with the no smoking
I'm sorry but as a very ex Catholic I can't like your experience with the Jehovah's Witnesses but I hope you achieve what you need/desire from it.
I think as an ex Catholic too I've accepted everyone is different and my only every complaint will be to any religion which takes mankind to extremism. Any cult or religion.
Anything extreme is dangerous.
Even loving your mummy.
Iike diabetes, everything in moderation can be helpful.

We call our diet low carb but only low carb in comparison to the high carb diet which has crept in from the recent generations.
Its not low carb its just carbohydrates which have been added to our diet, pushed back out.

So i know low carb eating isn't extreme. Even thou it felt that way when I changed my diet.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bless him. It must be soooo painful.
How long did it take from appointment to booked appointment date for injection?
He hasn't got the appointment yet, the surgeon said the list is huge because of the non-operation period in January.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
He hasn't got the appointment yet, the surgeon said the list is huge because of the non-operation period in January.
Oh no!
I'm getting impatient now. God help me if I have another year of 6mths waiting to get some decent investigation, like my heart last year!
Its soooo slow everything on the nhs.
If I had money I'd go private. If only.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I’m not finding long waiting times here @ickihun - maybe your local health trust has issues with long lists. Most urgent hospital appointments here will be in a week at most and other minor appointments seem to be a month at the most. Postcode lottery. :)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I woke up this morning feeling very ill indeed with a hoarse and croaky voice, extreme aching in my back, both sides and tummy, severe weakness in my legs, a sore throat, a dry cough and achy arms. When I walked to my GP to the weekend Hub I felt my legs felt rubbery and weak. The reception lady booked me in to see a Hub doctor at twenty minutes to four this afternoon, Saturday 24th.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I’m not finding long waiting times here @ickihun - maybe your local health trust has issues with long lists. Most urgent hospital appointments here will be in a week at most and other minor appointments seem to be a month at the most. Postcode lottery. :)
Your right. I have received an appointment so I'm feeling optimistic for 2yrs of pain must eliminate some problems. Hopefully.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Not the waiting list I feel is the issue.
It's the time they take to diagnose and health problem to improve.
Some procedures need not take 6mth wait surely?
I'll keep you updated as to how long it will take for me to get relief from my 2yrs to date of back agony.
A&E blame GP but everytime I go as a day in-patient their discovery goes to GP and not me. Shouldn't I have been told ood tests revealed anaemia and I had to get a second set of blood tests at GP practice and wait result then chemist to deliver. All time wasting exercises... don't you think? Or is it just me.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I woke up this morning feeling very ill indeed with a hoarse and croaky voice, extreme aching in my back, both sides and tummy, severe weakness in my legs, a sore throat, a dry cough and achy arms. When I walked to my GP to the weekend Hub I felt my legs felt rubbery and weak. The reception lady booked me in to see a Hub doctor at twenty minutes to four this afternoon, Saturday 24th.
How are you getting on Johnny?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
How are you getting on Johnny?
I saw the weekend hub Doctor and she examined me, normal temperature and heart rate, just a viral infection. She advised me to take the 500 mg paracetamol tablets to counteract the aches and pains and lethargy and ginger and lemon tea for the blocked nose and sore throat. I've also got some honey and lemon Lockets too.

Reactions: eddie1968 and heh

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I saw the weekend hub Doctor and she examined me, normal temperature and heart rate, just a viral infection. She advised me to take the 500 mg paracetamol tablets to counteract the aches and pains and lethargy and ginger and lemon tea for the blocked nose and sore throat. I've also got some honey and lemon Lockets too.
I'm glad you're OK. You home now resting?
Get well soon Johnny.
Not too much honey. I found sugar-free lozenges the best. Strepsil I found the best.
Ive got my GP doing a sugar free linctus for me. Called Galpseud 30g/5ml linctus. It does work.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you feel better soon

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I'm glad you're OK. You home now resting?
Get well soon Johnny.
Not too much honey. I found sugar-free lozenges the best. Strepsil I found the best.
Ive got my GP doing a sugar free linctus for me. Called Galpseud 30g/5ml linctus. It does work.
Good evening, @ickihun, my good friend,

Yes, I'm home now. I've had two ginger and lemon teas and a couple of Lockets and two 500 mg Paracetamols and feel rested and relieved of the symptoms. Yes, my dear, that's the trouble with the Lockets with honey in them, they might spike my blood glucose.

I hope the doctors and healthcare assistants/professionals can fully exonerate you from the pain and illness you are in peril to. I do worry about you, you're an amazing Rock for me, just as dear sweet DEbra was, I hope I can be a Rock to you, too. And don't worry about my associations with the Jehovah's Witnesses, I'm still very much C of E and will always consider myself C of E. It's my religion and that's not going to change. I have a lot of respect for Roman-Catholics, too, I have a close friend from Trinidad who is that religion and she's lovely, she prayed Hail Marys over my Mum's grave once. Bless her.

Lots of Love, Vicky, from Johnny David Baker, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD xXx.

Reactions: heh