What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

OMAD came to an abrupt end. Due to potential for work meeting to limit eating window before a double session of Pilates tonight I took a packed dinner to work. Extreme hunger led me to eat it for lunch instead. Said meeting was shorter than expected, so time for a small dinner before heading out.

Lunch - 2 cold Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages, Lidl protein roll (still have a couple in the freezer) with smoked salmon and cream cheese, dessert of extra thick double cream mixed with almond butter and Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons.

Snack - still hungry 2 hours later. Grabbed the last bag of pork crunch in a coop near the meeting venue.

Dinner - M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos and a small portion of extra thick double cream with 2 Hotel Chocolat buttons.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn’t manage to post yesterday as Tilly sadly died last night so we drove up to Luton to see her and say goodbye. We didnt get home til nearly 1am. We are all in shock now and the house is SO empty.

B: a leftover DD naan bread from yesterday evening’s dinner, with butter and a poached egg. This was really nice and reminded me of potato farls or pancakes we used to have with a big weekend fry up

L: M&S prawn cocktail avocado and smoked salmon

D: none - we’d had the call by then and were bombing up the M1

2 spoonsful almond butter when we got home to try to kill the gnawing pain in my stomach, which wasn’t hunger.
I am so sorry to read your post, I can only imagine your sadness. It will pass and I’m sure you have a lifetimes worth of beautiful memories that will help you In the days ahead. Hold onto those memories and remember all your happy times, you did everything you could but sometimes it isn’t enough. Hugs and love to you please take care.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone, nothing too exciting to report for today, I’m glad my conference was only one day, hope you are home from yours @shelley262?
Hope the wedding went well @Rachox?
In my thoughts @DJC3 hope today hasn’t been too sad?

Breakfast was another toast and almond butter one, tomorrow will be something nicer either coconut porridge or a nice omelette
Lunch was a salad with pork
Snack Adonis brownie
Dinner was remaining sausages from yesterday, mushrooms and cauliflower and celeriac mash with some butter and mozzarella, I have also made a soup for tomorrow’s lunch

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quite humid today so I have been taking it easy - at least that's my excuse. Results coming filtering through in dribs and drabs, cholesterol in today. All in the normal/fine range but not the same as last time so things to mull over. HDL up and LDL down but trigs higher. No more cream in tea methinks and some research suggests multi day fasting can adversely impact cholesterol. Research and trying out different approaches now in the "close season". Menu below:
B: 2 pint tea with h/m almond milk
MMS Mug French Vanilla coffee with double cream (this will be difficult to give up)
L: 2 slices Mortadella; smallish slice pork belly from yesterday; salami crisps with cream cheese; homemade pork scratchings from belly pork joint; mixed olives and Bishop Cropwell; 2 pints tea
MAS: Nothing
D: Belly pork sandwich (Hovis Low Carb); radishes; cherry tomatoes; spring onions; cucumber; strawberries cream; 2 mugs tea with h/m almond milk

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely day out today. Lots of walking. Think the dogs will probably go on strike tomorrow.

That mixed grill lasted me 24hrs without any other food, and we landed in a cafe garden at lunchtime today. Bacon, egg, mushrooms and a gf roll with butter. Stuffed again! Passed 2 sausages and the tomato to Mr B and left the beans.

Picnic tomorrow at a National Trust house and garden, so have cheese, cold meat and assorted carnivorous antipasti.
Mr B has gone for more salady options and a yogurt with honey and plum. I am jealous.
Stealing an idea from @AdamJames and @DCUKMod and taking small bottles of frozen water as coolpacs.

I haven’t had any icecream yet this hol. Seems wrong.
A holiday should involve icecream, shouldn’t it?
Will have to rectify that tomorrow.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely day out today. Lots of walking. Think the dogs will probably go on strike tomorrow.

That mixed grill lasted me 24hrs without any other food, and we landed in a cafe garden at lunchtime today. Bacon, egg, mushrooms and a gf roll with butter. Stuffed again! Passed 2 sausages and the tomato to Mr B and left the beans.

Picnic tomorrow at a National Trust house and garden, so have cheese, cold meat and assorted carnivorous antipasti.
Mr B has gone for more salady options and a yogurt with honey and plum. I am jealous.
Stealing an idea from @AdamJames and @DCUKMod and taking small bottles of frozen water as coolpacs.

I agree with the ice cream, holidays are for enjoying and breaking free from routines and doing normal things, go wild and have an ice cream

GrumpyOldPhart

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How I wish for an ice cream: it's impossible to get them anywhere lactose free.
Talk about difficult: beside being lactose intolerant, I can't take alcohol, anything containing MSG, can't eat eggs as they are, only cooked "in" things, lettuce gives me gut pains, and now the carbs and sugar: I might as well give up altogether: now you know where "GrumpyOldMan" comes from!

Reactions: flexi06

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I don't know why but my eyes saw that as small "bottles of frozen vodka"!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all so pleased to be back but didn’t get home until nearly 8 - late finish and motorway traffic! Difficult two days - when give my story as a carer to a conference or training event and discuss with others I do find it emotionally draining . I also had a bit of an ‘incident’ in the night which now I think was funny but didn’t at the time! I was in severe pain from cramp and walking around felt dizzy and went to open window and next thing I realised I’d briefly passed out and brought the hotel rooms curtains down with me! Hard to explain to reception ! I’m totally fine although a bit washed out I’m doubling magnesium tonight to make sure but think I just didn’t drink enough water during day in hot hotel and have been working on it today
Yesterday scrambled egg on low carb toast before set off
Lunch three of my packed seeded crackers, nuts with a green salad - hotel buffet was sandwiches with meagre filling served with crisps and chips so declined!
Avoided the very sweet looking anniversary cake but busy so easy
Dinner escaped hotel late evening and got butterflied chicken and advocado side x2 from Nando’s and glass red

Today
Breakfast good choice in hotel - bacon, mushrooms and scrambled egg
Lunch buffet lots of carb but included pan fried salmon and green salad which is what I had
Mid pm Adonis bar and boredom in a very dry lecture led me to two Fox’s glacier mints! Not had sweets like forever I blame tiredness !
On way home stuck in traffic ate half an Adonis bar
Dinner steak, mushrooms and med veg cooked in macadamian nut oil followed by four strawberries and cream and glass of red wine.
Hope to be back to normal for a couple of days before go to see mum in York’s to help her on Saturday and Sunday.
@ianpspurs hope you had a great birthday

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 - I am so sorry to hear about Tilly. You've lost part of your family so you need to grieve but it does get better in time xxx

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all so pleased to be back but didn’t get home until nearly 8 - late finish and motorway traffic! Difficult two days - when give my story as a carer to a conference or training event and discuss with others I do find it emotionally draining . I also had a bit of an ‘incident’ in the night which now I think was funny but didn’t at the time! I was in severe pain from cramp and walking around felt dizzy and went to open window and next thing I realised I’d briefly passed out and brought the hotel rooms curtains down with me! Hard to explain to reception ! I’m totally fine although a bit washed out I’m doubling magnesium tonight to make sure but think I just didn’t drink enough water during day in hot hotel and have been working on it today
Yesterday scrambled egg on low carb toast before set off
Lunch three of my packed seeded crackers, nuts with a green salad - hotel buffet was sandwiches with meagre filling served with crisps and chips so declined!
Avoided the very sweet looking anniversary cake but busy so easy
Dinner escaped hotel late evening and got butterflied chicken and advocado side x2 from Nando’s and glass red

Today
Breakfast good choice in hotel - bacon, mushrooms and scrambled egg
Lunch buffet lots of carb but included pan fried salmon and green salad which is what I had
Mid pm Adonis bar and boredom in a very dry lecture led me to two Fox’s glacier mints! Not had sweets like forever I blame tiredness !
On way home stuck in traffic ate half an Adonis bar
Dinner steak, mushrooms and med veg cooked in macadamian nut oil followed by four strawberries and cream and glass of red wine.
Hope to be back to normal for a couple of days before go to see mum in York’s to help her on Saturday and Sunday.
@ianpspurs hope you had a great birthday
Glad you are home safe and sound, fingers crossed for no curtain episodes tonight. I had similar problem yesterday at the conference I attended, buffet lunch was a carb eaters dream, but my nightmare, chose the wraps but just ate the fillings.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just changed my mind about breakfast tomorrow, popped some halloumi wrapped in bacon in the oven, should be a nice tasty change.

Attachments

• 3FC5DBC3-2F23-4525-BC33-FF2099B06FAB.jpeg
    3FC5DBC3-2F23-4525-BC33-FF2099B06FAB.jpeg
    331.1 KB · Views: 396

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quite humid today so I have been taking it easy - at least that's my excuse. Results coming filtering through in dribs and drabs, cholesterol in today. All in the normal/fine range but not the same as last time so things to mull over. HDL up and LDL down but trigs higher. No more cream in tea methinks and some research suggests multi day fasting can adversely impact cholesterol. Research and trying out different approaches now in the "close season". Menu below:
B: 2 pint tea with h/m almond milk
MMS Mug French Vanilla coffee with double cream (this will be difficult to give up)
L: 2 slices Mortadella; smallish slice pork belly from yesterday; salami crisps with cream cheese; homemade pork scratchings from belly pork joint; mixed olives and Bishop Cropwell; 2 pints tea
MAS: Nothing
D: Belly pork sandwich (Hovis Low Carb); radishes; cherry tomatoes; spring onions; cucumber; strawberries cream; 2 mugs tea with h/m almond milk
Hi the cholesterol thing is difficult isn’t it. I’ve reduced my double cream but still do have some and I also water it down a lot for coffee and also drink black coffee and tea. I do have to work at keeping healthy fats up though as get hungry and also lose weight if I don’t. Have you looked at the Pioppi diet by the cardiologist Dr Malhotra he says some interesting stuff about cholesterol and also prescribes olive oil, high percentage choc, glass of red wine and nuts as part of the plan. I’m finding it an interesting read. He’s not low low carb but does restrict carbs.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.2 FBG 6.4. Another chaotic day. No 2 grandson had his second last school transition and this was one of the longer sessions. Off to the classroom to meet their buddy and become familiar with the set up. After that it was a quick trip home to pick up swimming gear then off to Aqua fit - needed it to shake my mood (bit down). Then back home for a final clean of the car before picking up No 1 and going for the new car - it's Very Red!

B. Black coffee
L. Adonis nutty bar with the cocoa in it
D. 1/2 avocado and tablespoon prawns. Slice of smoked salmon and a spoonful of that M & S whipped cheese.
Remains of the chia pudding (about a tablespoon) and a scoop of halo top.

One more school visit tomorrow and......the dealership found the Lego Zombie Baby when they were checking the car. The little blighter had wedged on one of the seat tracks and when he shifted the seat it was looking at him. Fair play to the dealership staff. They knew another 2 were coming by mail so they told No 1 although they'd found it I was correct that they may have been making more babies and if they found any more they would post them to him. He looked a little suspicious but then they found another figure! I thought I'd cleared them too!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 5.2 FBG 6.4. Another chaotic day. No 2 grandson had his second last school transition and this was one of the longer sessions. Off to the classroom to meet their buddy and become familiar with the set up. After that it was a quick trip home to pick up swimming gear then off to Aqua fit - needed it to shake my mood (bit down). Then back home for a final clean of the car before picking up No 1 and going for the new car - it's Very Red!

B. Black coffee
L. Adonis nutty bar with the cocoa in it
D. 1/2 avocado and tablespoon prawns. Slice of smoked salmon and a spoonful of that M & S whipped cheese.
Remains of the chia pudding (about a tablespoon) and a scoop of halo top.

One more school visit tomorrow and......the dealership found the Lego Zombie Baby when they were checking the car. The little blighter had wedged on one of the seat tracks and when he shifted the seat it was looking at him. Fair play to the dealership staff. They knew another 2 were coming by mail so they told No 1 although they'd found it I was correct that they may have been making more babies and if they found any more they would post them to him. He looked a little suspicious but then they found another figure! I thought I'd cleared them too!
Loving the Lego zombie baby saga :joyful:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi can you please tell me what low carb crackers you are using...and could I ask for your recipe for low carb choc and olive oil cake ...you are keeping your levels low and I am trying low carb diet for my husband ...type 2 for 16years ...need all the help I can get lol ...thank you
Hi I’ve been away from forum but the crispbreads are made from a diet dr recipe
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-sesame-crispbread
I used mixed seeds and cooked a bit longer but they worked well and seem to keep well in a tin
The choc cake is a Nigella one
https://www.nigella.com/recipes/chocolate-olive-oil-cake
I use erythritol instead of sugar and always use ground almonds ( def not the flour alternative!) I also tend to divide and cook in two loaf tins and freeze one as its quite rich you don’t need a big slice.
Hope this helps

Reactions: ianpspurs