What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Good morning all. 6.4 for me. Average FBG for the last month 5.3, so unusually high, but at least I know why, and yes I do feel sorry for myself, so please allow me to whine. I've got very painfully infected gums around two teeth in upper as well as lower jaw. Can't afford to see a dentist, so my husband is having a go at me with a dental syringe and chlorhexidine, but sans anesthetic, unless you count 2 x paracetamol as anesthetic. :arghh: Add to that very little sleep and you get ... tadaaa 6.4. Thankfully my husband is a very skilled dental syringe + chlorhexidine artist, so hopefully he'll manage to help me. He's done it before.
Oh, I forget, even if I only slept for 3-4 hours, 1 kg of weight managed to catch me unaware while I did so. Go away Thursday.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

bright but very windy here, happens every time they put up bunting for the gala in the village, we always get at least one very windy day immediately afterwards ;)

I'm glad we went to the forest walk with the little dog yesterday, it was glorious, warm and sunny with just enough breeze.

Enjoy your day everyone :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

bright but very windy here, happens every time they put up bunting for the gala in the village, we always get at least one very windy day immediately afterwards ;)

I'm glad we went to the forest walk with the little dog yesterday, it was glorious, warm and sunny with just enough breeze.

:)
Straight out of a lifestyle supplement - gala in the village, walking the dog in the woods and low fbg. When you add in ninja rum'n raisin ice cream goddess a lesser man could pine wistfully or spend all day thinking if only. But the piece de resistance is your facility with power tools :arghh:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 6.4 for me. Average FBG for the last month 5.3, so unusually high, but at least I know why, and yes I do feel sorry for myself, so please allow me to whine. I've got very painfully infected gums around two teeth in upper as well as lower jaw. Can't afford to see a dentist, so my husband is having a go at me with a dental syringe and chlorhexidine, but sans anesthetic, unless you count 2 x paracetamol as anesthetic. :arghh: Add to that very little sleep and you get ... tadaaa 6.4. Thankfully my husband is a very skilled dental syringe + chlorhexidine artist, so hopefully he'll manage to help me. He's done it before.
Oh, I forget, even if I only slept for 3-4 hours, 1 kg of weight managed to catch me unaware while I did so. Go away Thursday.

Good Lord that sounds like the stuff of nightmares - I’m surprised your numbers aren’t through the roof. Sending hugs your way.

Reactions: Cumberland

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning everyone. Up to 6.8 at 6.55am after a disturbed night feeling unwell. Off to the doctors later to be checked out and then to do my voluntary work "all being well" as they say. Enjoy the sunshine one and all.:)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 today so up slightly. I can read my body so well nowadays and can say this is up slightly from my usual high 4s lower 5s due to the 2 pieces of 85% chocolate I ate late last night. I'm still happy with the reading. Another glorious day here in the north west. Enjoy peeps.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Sorry to read that hugs to you, Paracetamol x 2 + Ibuprofen x 2 together is much more effective pain relief if you can take Ibuprofen that is.

Recommended to me by my dentist when I used to be able to afford to see one.

Reactions: DJC3