What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.6 first thing. Excercise today is tiding up the shed. Although there are rumblings that there is some furniture to be moved for family members after a visit to ikea. Fully expect to get a call along those lines in the afternoon.
Dry and bright here.
Hope everyone has a good Sunday what ever you are doing. Be well.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 hope your mum gets better soon. You must be glad to be back in your own home and bed. We do anything for the people we love but theres no place like home. Have a relaxing day.
Thank you @PenguinMum mum is asthmatic and had had a cold which triggered it - got her on steroids Friday pm but although improved on Saturday not enough - just poor timing. Mum is 88 just after Christmas and generally does remarkably well for her age. With aging life gets practically harder but problem is less that than the distance and other caring demands! I always try to look for silver linings and this one is that the op is not likely to be before Christmas now as it’s 5/6 weeks after pre operative and that will be easier for me! It’s an eye op and needs to happen but a few months delay I don’t think will be crucial.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 5.6 first thing. Excercise today is tiding up the shed. Although there are rumblings that there is some furniture to be moved for family members after a visit to ikea. Fully expect to get a call along those lines in the afternoon.
Dry and bright here.
Hope everyone has a good Sunday what ever you are doing. Be well.
sending a big hug to prepare you for Ikea furniture assembly I’d need one!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning All. 5.7 at 07.30. Happy with that and ate well yesterday.
Hope you all survived torrential rain and storms yesterday afternoon. I came home to dripping ceiling so need to find a roofer pdq. The rain was biblical.
Happy Sunday everone. Stay well, stay safe and hypo free.
Hope you get the ceiling sorted penguinmum x

Reactions: trick60

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@OrsonKartt what a fantastic and valuable experience huge respect to you for that.
My FBG was 5.7 - hugely **ssed off by that. This was sold as a bg control WOE/lifestyle but for me it seems to work as a highly restrictive diet that sometimes has those benefits. This is not negative or anti LC because I can find no alternative that is even this effective.
Oh, sleep has been sorted for 2 nights and weight is now currently into 21s but this is a blood sugar issue. I am I wanting too much for this to be be fit for purpose?
Sending you lots of hugs. Just dont let it spoil your day.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you get the ceiling sorted penguinmum x
Thanks Karen re ceiling. I am not going to panic it will get sorted. OH going to Germany today for 2 days so I’m hoping weather improve, as a bucket in loft as well as room. Thanks for posting that beautiful and poignant photo...where is it taken?

Reactions: philchap1

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sending you lots of hugs. Just dont let it spoil your day.
Thanks @PenguinMum. It will obviously be a very discordant backnote to the day. Son and 2 grandchildren for lunch and big goose for Martinmas so that will be good. I just can't lie about the apparent poor/patchy success of this regime for me. Lying to yourself achieves nothing. The truth may hurt but hiding from it is destructive.
Last night I read the official letter honouring WW1 dead soldiers of a relative and looked at his medals. Life could be so much worse but, as I said, running away from problems doesn't work. Rock and hard place situation. Refusing to face the issue leads to disaster - knowing the truth leads to angst. Given the choice between retaining limbs. eyesight etc angst seems a bargain:arghh:

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Karen re ceiling. I am not going to panic it will get sorted. OH going to Germany today for 2 days so I’m hoping weather improve, as a bucket in loft as well as room. Thanks for posting that beautiful and poignant photo...where is it taken?
Im not too sure but it just moved me when i seen it x

Reactions: ianpspurs

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 again this morning. Although reading at 9am really is late for me - probably would have been better testing when I went to bed at 5 as is closer to when I would normally test. No father in law for lunch today - a rarity as we have him almost every week. Should be inspired to make the most of the day and go out. But have this undeniable urge to just have a pyjama day on the sofa watching movies :hilarious:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
7.6 at 3rd attempt as my first and second came up as "Error". Looks like we'll need raincoats and umbrellas for the memorial services this morning. Stay safe, dry and warm folks.:)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.3 again this morning. Although reading at 9am really is late for me - probably would have been better testing when I went to bed at 5 as is closer to when I would normally test. No father in law for lunch today - a rarity as we have him almost every week. Should be inspired to make the most of the day and go out. But have this undeniable urge to just have a pyjama day on the sofa watching movies :hilarious:
Pyjama days are the best

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

did some raking and pruning yesterday but didn't get the best sleep, it's cold here this morning but hopefully I'll get a good walk with mum's dog after Sunday mid afternoon meal.

Hope your day is going well :)