What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
A particular vile salad!. And I made it.

Something in the fridge at work seems to make everything taste off!. Not nice.

You could take in some antiseptic wipes and give the fridge a clean out. A lemon cut in half and put in the fridge may also help.

Reactions: Patrick66

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late.
Yesterday:
Breakfast; A baby belle cheese and an egg and bacon muffin.
Lunch: a double cheeseburger - just the meat and the cheese.
Dinner - out. 6 chicken wings that they kindly did sans breadcrumbs and whatever vile sauce they use. A porterhouse steak. A bottle of merlot and a couple of late night glasses of scotch with my youngest son.

Today:
Breakfast; Part of a full English - two poached eggs, 2 slices bacon, 1 sausage.
Afternoon snack - a baby bell cheese
Dinner tonight is belly pork followed by cream and perhaps later a few pork scratings

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
You could take in some antiseptic wipes and give the fridge a clean out. A lemon cut in half and put in the fridge may also help.
I could, if I could get near the fridge ....I do wonder what people keep in it sometimes..body parts probably!

Reactions: maglil55

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of a curate's egg of a day in the P household. I finished the weekend of watching sport by staying to the end of the Superbowl. Up earlier than I wanted as Julie not feeling well so dogs and chickens needed my attention. Wife, dogs and chickens all looked after, fed, watered and walked where needed. Very spring like walking the dogs and fields of cereals and protein - beans and peas - definitely sense spring.
Water until 3.30 then tea an cocoa until 17.00 hrs. Warmed through cottage pie (from Saturday), celeriac, swede, cabbage and mushroom "burblensqeek" - IMHO would have been improved with onions and brown sauce but functional.
Hope y'all found plenty of good points in the day and the evening and night treats you well.
Edit to update: Was hungry/tired? so had 2 babybels then about 45 mins later 1/2 CCB (too bitter) and some walnuts (very nice).

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55 and Chook

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all made a new batch of lc crispbreads today and also the keto pastasheets from the diet dr keto lasagne recipe for a small lasagne - which is now in fridge to heat up when back tomorrow as in brum all day for work plus a quick meet up with friend.
Breakfast bacon and egg and one slice of Lidl roll toasted
Lunch a new product - I think, well first I’ve seen them - small circular tin of Mediterranean sardines in olive oil and with olives. (John west) Will feature often they are delicious and had them on top of three lc crispbreads
Dinner turkey curry ( remains from weekends 2nd Christmas turkey!) followed by a small piece of keto choc cake and yoghurt.
@BibaBee yes please do send chia pudding ideas in - we could do I think with one with measurements per portion I don’t make chia pudding but if you send one with measures I will give one a go and also add to recipe booklet. Update to booklet very slow at moment too many other things to do! But I keep adding little bits and also refining a few of the new recipes. Would love to get it complete by end of February. Time does rush past.

Hungry19

@Chook beat me to it there with toppings for Shepherds pie - I also top with a celeriac mash on its own some or cheesy cauliflower mash.

The following is another chicken pot pie which is quite tasty. I've made this a few times now. It isn't pastry but nice none the less.
peaceloveandlowcarb.com/chicken-pot-pie-low-carb-gluten-free/

If you want a really good winter dish Tom Kerridge's lamb shank madras is excellent. Serve with cauliflower rice and a diet doctor naan.

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/lamb-shank-madras

Well I do have sharp knifes to tackle a celeriac - but I believed it to have high insulin load or it’s a root so stayed away - they never get eaten when I buy them so thanks for heads up will try again. Anything mash is adored in our house.
Lamb is s no, as kids don’t like it - but I will consider for myself. Being squeaky clean has led to a few fails recently.
The chicken pot pie looks best option - thank you

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
04-02-18
XBX 14
Cup of tea
10.01 pre breakfast 4.3
Breakfast: Cheese, prunes, ginger tea. Not ideal at all
:oops::banghead:. Forgot to take readings.
Lunch, winter veg soup, pecans 15g(very small portion as higher fat content) bread, butter and cheese, water, tea.
18.16 Pre dinner 6.1
Dinner: tea, salmon, roasted celeriac, swede, runner beans, carrots, cabbage, water, yoghurt and berries, glass of flat prosecco, left from yesterday:meh: yoghurt and berries with added cream.

Still nearly 394 calories short, and feeling stufffed:greedy:
Of course, have not logged steps yet, that will move the goalposts.

Now have 508 calories needed - this is to maintain weight. :depressed:
Have managed to slow loss, but still going down, now weigh 49.6kg, 7st,12lb lost .6kg in 10 days.
20.48 after dinner 5.3

snack wenslydale with cranberries, black olives, glass of chardonnay.
still 152 calories needed

How do people feel about bedtime snacks? and suitable suggestions please.
couple of teaspoons of peanut butter, that should do it

Last edited:

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Wheeeee @Chook Copied Me that one! I can make any stew, but it looks like the drop biscuits will also be stand-alone, as well as combo pot pie/dumplings. Sadly, my favorite parts of stew have always been the carrots and onions. Ah well.

Hungry19

04-02-18
XBX 14
Cup of tea
10.01 pre breakfast 4.3
Breakfast: Cheese, prunes, ginger tea. Not ideal at all
:oops::banghead:. Forgot to take readings.
Lunch, winter veg soup, pecans 15g(very small portion as higher fat content) bread, butter and cheese, water, tea.
18.16 Pre dinner 6.1
Dinner: tea, salmon, roasted celeriac, swede, runner beans, carrots, cabbage, water, yoghurt and berries, glass of flat prosecco, left from yesterday:meh: yoghurt and berries with added cream.

Still nearly 394 calories short, and feeling stufffed:greedy:
Of course, have not logged steps yet, that will move the goalposts.

Now have 508 calories needed - this is to maintain weight. :depressed:
Have managed to slow loss, but still going down, now weigh 49.6kg, 7st,12lb lost .6kg in 10 days.

How do people feel about bedtime snacks? and suitable suggestions please.

Try another meal, like a cooked breakfast - you know it. Take the time to eat or it’s like a fast from night before - which will cause weight lost.
Snack before bed gives your body energy - to maintain functions. Something creamy? Peanut / cashew butter?

Reactions: zauberflote

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just seen that Lasagne
Thank you for taking the time - that will do nicely!!
Also it’s not too difficult a recipe I find - especially if you prepare the fake pasta sheets first and cool in fridge and then do the assembly job! I also prepare bolognese and freeze portions so then it’s a very easy assembly job with just the cheese topping to mix put it together and whack the lasagne in oven.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

Back after a few days away, and much less time on the forum.
Tried to keep up with this thread but have had to give up and skip the last 8(!) pages.
Really sorry if I have missed something vital.

Hope everyone is well?

Eating has been almost fully carnivore (as usual), which took some fancy footwork, while travelling and staying with ppl.
A couple of low carb nut bars and of course the obligatory choccie :D

Otherwise, have eaten
Roast chicken
Homemade beef and lamb burglars
Beef skirt stew with thyme and mustard
Steak with 6 chips
Lamb chops
Chicken thighs in coriander and lemon
Prawns in chili avo mayo

Came home with a fab haul from a farm shop, including some amazing herb and spice combos and a jar of wild boar pate (yum!)

Back home again now, so back to my usual standbys. :D

Reactions: maglil55

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone, sorry I didn’t post yesterday, the evening ran away from me as I was busy putting the final sections of my application together. I submitted it this afternoon ;)
Coffee with cream and almond milk, fage 5% yogurt and a sprinkle of morning boost seeds
Lunch consisted of baked eggs with ham, cheese, tomato and spring onion, pork scratchings
Dinner celeriac mash and pork & chorizo meatballs
Cheese and small pack of marmite crackers, naughty treat :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
d
Try another meal, like a cooked breakfast - you know it. Take the time to eat or it’s like a fast from night before - which will cause weight lost.
Snack before bed gives your body energy - to maintain functions. Something creamy? Peanut / cashew butter?
Do usually have breakfast, but overslept.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone, sorry I didn’t post yesterday, the evening ran away from me as I was busy putting the final sections of my application together. I submitted it this afternoon ;)
Coffee with cream and almond milk, fage 5% yogurt and a sprinkle of morning boost seeds
Lunch consisted of baked eggs with ham, cheese, tomato and spring onion, pork scratchings
Dinner celeriac mash and pork & chorizo meatballs
Cheese and small pack of marmite crackers, naughty treat :)
Well done getting that application off and wishing you all the best with it clearly you’d earnt a treat I hate application forms

Reactions: Chook

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, been on the go today so nothing fancy for me.
Breakfast nothing, fast til 1pm
Lunch scrambled eggs with grated cheese and 1 small tomato.
Dinner, tuna in oil, cheese and cucumber. Dash of salad cream.
5 raspberries, sf jelly and cream for after.

Still didn't reach my calories goal of 1350...made it to just over a 1000 so better than the 600s last week.
Still no weight loss, but no gain and watch and rings are loose so something is happening.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all made a new batch of lc crispbreads today and also the keto pastasheets from the diet dr keto lasagne recipe for a small lasagne - which is now in fridge to heat up when back tomorrow as in brum all day for work plus a quick meet up with friend.
Breakfast bacon and egg and one slice of Lidl roll toasted
Lunch a new product - I think, well first I’ve seen them - small circular tin of Mediterranean sardines in olive oil and with olives. (John west) Will feature often they are delicious and had them on top of three lc crispbreads
Dinner turkey curry ( remains from weekends 2nd Christmas turkey!) followed by a small piece of keto choc cake and yoghurt.
@BibaBee yes please do send chia pudding ideas in - we could do I think with one with measurements per portion I don’t make chia pudding but if you send one with measures I will give one a go and also add to recipe booklet. Update to booklet very slow at moment too many other things to do! But I keep adding little bits and also refining a few of the new recipes. Would love to get it complete by end of February. Time does rush past.
Next time I make a batch, I'll a make a note of measures (I'm a bit of a make it up on the fly girl!) If I think of anything else worth sharing, I'll also give you a shout.

Reactions: Chook

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Next time I make a batch, I'll a make a note of measures (I'm a bit of a make it up on the fly girl!) If I think of anything else worth sharing, I'll also give you a shout.
Thank you I’ve started to keep a pad in my kitchen to scribble measurements etc down. I also now take more photos and even measured my crispbreads today! It’s harder when you are trying to put instructions down for others to follow but I’m very grateful thank you. Anyone’s ideas or recipes we use we acknowledge the contributor in the booklet which is fast becoming more of a book than a booklet!

Reactions: maglil55 and Chook

SaladDaze

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Tin of mackerel fillets in olive oil
Mid-morning: Tin of tuna in olive oil
Late lunch*: salad: diced onion, diced cucumber, chopped guindilla peppers, cherry tomatoes, tinned salmon, mixed seeds, Indian spices, sherry vinegar, olive oil, half bag of 4 seasons salad. Mug of chicken broth.
Evening meal: 2 pork loin fillets with menestra (peas with a bit of added diced Serrano ham), apple, slice of cheese.

* Very late lunch at 5pm because I got back to doing my 40 minute lunchtime exercise walk, followed by supermarket for salad ingredients, leaving time to prepare it but not eat it before a series of three video calls/meetings. Hence 5pm 'lunch'.