What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Careful Ian getting close to being cast down for heresy there. The next steak you get could be your flame grilled posterior
I need to back off soon but as the Ketogenic diet allegedly began as an attempt to treat epilepsy why would anyone expect it to transfer well to the general population? Secondly, each of us can only go on a sample size on n=1. The DD website claims "Since its origin, the ketogenic diet has been effective for raising energy levels, lowering weight, and increasing quality of life" For me it only hits 1 of the 3. Now, for Chris Grayling that is a huge success rate but my mileage varies considerably.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing time compression there - engagement to baptism overnight. I'm in awe of those guys. No withdrawal period obviously.:angelic:
It gets worth @ianpspurs. I’m in a strange Solomon Grundy film written by Tim Burton, produced by Edward Leer and directed by Quinten Tarantino (music by Tom Lehrer). Two funerals this week. A dear friend’s on Tuesday and an aunt’s on Wednesday.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It gets worth @ianpspurs. I’m in a strange Solomon Grundy film written by Tim Burton, produced by Edward Leer and directed by Quinten Tarantino (music by Tom Lehrer). Two funerals this week. A dear friend’s on Tuesday and an aunt’s on Wednesday.

Say hi to hugh Grant for me .:D

Reactions: JohnEGreen

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I'm sorry to read that, @dunelm .

If you're in that film, then I'm in Groundhog Day -- 6.4 again this morning.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Freema

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blimey ian thank goodness I didn't mention the battered cod with those chips...lord knows what wrath would have been visited upon me:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Well, I would have stood shoulder to shoulder with you to withstand such a visitation. You made me feel so much better about myself and the cinnamon bun with cold milk.

BTW I saw a bulldog while watching Legally Blonde last night. Not so handsome as Harry, of course.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning.

After getting naked in the kebab house last night, hubby joined me for the first time, usually has pitta bread ;-) today saw us stripping. It's all happening on the decorating front!!! 3 rooms done and ready to be plastered. Early night. I've done lots of steps, mainly up and down ladders so feeling like I've had a good workout!!!

Hope everyone has enjoyed their weekends. Weather has gone off. Rained all weekend n now its blowing a gale!!!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine fasted blood sugar was 7.1 mmol at 2pm not eaten since 20.30 last night also I have only taken metoformin twice this week Monday & Thursday reason being I feel quite ill for a few hours after taking it

Talk to your doctor. I am not one. My doctor prescribed 500mg of Metformin for me, to be taken twice a day. For the first few days it SERIOUSLY upset my stomach but then, like many other people, I adjusted to it. I think if I had taken it only a couple of days, and then quit, and then started again, my body would not have had time to adjust to it being in my system and it would have continued to upset my stomach.

But, as I said, I am not a doctor! :)