What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
5.2 for me this morning. - the sun is still shining so who ever ordered the week end weather , thank you .... Unless of course it's an indication of global warming which of course it could be ...

Long range weather forecast: This sun will last until Christmas, then it can snow for a day, and then it will come back for the whole of 2020

Last edited:

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning All. 6.7 this morning after some good food, champagne and Lindt 90. Back on the horse today.
@Freema hope you feel better today.
@Po visit to Cromer and not eat crab? Love dressed crab me.
@Debandez sounds a lot of fun in Fuerta.
Have a brilliant BH Monday all. Theres another one in 2 weeks!
Greetings to all our friends stateside too.
Stay well, stay safe.

Well I'm not that keen on crab tbh. I do love watching the children catching them off the end of the pier.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG..a derisory 6.4..but hey ho, inside my safety corridor.

beautiful sunshine again here in the sunny capital.

hope everyone has as good a day as possible...:)

and for those with visiting families, only today to go then it's over..:D

...until next time..:sorry:

;)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
FBG..a derisory 6.4..but hey ho, inside my safety corridor.
;)

As much as I like your post and found it funny hence the rating, I winced about about the "derisory 6.4 " that is a good reading for me.

We both known that trying to manage levels is like trying to canoe up the Niagara falls.

For some anything below 15 is a good reading, while for some others they will be feeling suicidal.

I try to encourage fellow forum to post their levels irrespective of their blood sugar level, so I try to choose different words, but that's just me.

On a different note, I really liked your sojourn saga and your posts. Now being nosey what bike do you ride and do you do many miles?
Hand and footnote, is it a Suzuki? Me I ride a CBF1000.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As much as I like your post and found it funny hence the rating, I winced about about the "derisory 6.4 " that is a good reading for me.

We both known that trying to manage levels is like trying to canoe up the Niagara falls.

For some anything below 15 is a good reading, while for some others they will be feeling suicidal.

I try to encourage fellow forum to post their levels irrespective of their blood sugar level, so I try to choose different words, but that's just me.

On a different note, I really liked your sojourn saga and your posts. Now being nosey what bike do you ride and do you do many miles?
Hand and footnote, is it a Suzuki? Me I ride a CBF1000.

Ahh...quite right @alf_Josiah

Words MEAN something and are important.

Your so right, we should be encouraging others to post low or high scores with equal importance
Was a bit flippant regarding mine, after all there's only so much to say about any set of figures, particular when they fall (as intended) into narrow bands.
But point well made, and taken as such.
Thank you.

As for hols..glad you like.:D

As for bike, correct Suzuki ..a lesser known RF 900..A supposed "Better" bike then the Fireblade, that fell between two stools so was never as much loved as the blade, but I found mine and love it.

Mileage, low, though do ride all year.
Bought with the secret intention of whizzing Madame off to Paris and far flung European cities, that sadly got beached on the sands of disappointment, when we did one summer UK city riding, before her majesty declared the bike Verboten.

Do run out to club do near Newbury, a few runs to Brum, and one abandoned ride to Scotland ( poor obs :***:)
But am going Scotland this summer, so Iron Butt badge going to be earned .:D

Ps have posted on here.https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/do-you-ride-a-motorbike.109650/page-4#post-1950070

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@alf_Josiah and @jjraak interesting point...I am also guilty of same which of course is not encouraging to new members. Its hard to hide disappointment of an unacceptable high personal number, I guess we all have our acceptable boundaries and sometimes as we all know there is no rhyme or reason anyhow. Good thinking Moriarty!

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bought with the secret intention of whizzing Madame off to Paris and far flung European cities, that sadly got beached on the sands of disappointment, when we did one summer UK city riding, before her majesty declared the bike Verboten.
This made me laugh. When we were first married my first trip on the motorbike was to a very wet Cornwall. It rained all the way to Cornwall, the whole time we were there and all the way back. When we arrived home I got off the bike and said "never again'. So I also declared the bike Verboten - forever.

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Up during the night with a toothache. so disrupted sleep. I'm going to have arrange a visit hopefully tomorrow as my dentist does not work Easter Monday (I have my last follow up routine eye appointment tomorrow too.)
Ooh, that's now got a busy day.

Best wishes for eye visit.
Let's hope both go well.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
As for bike, correct Suzuki ..a lesser known RF 900..A supposed "Better" bike then the Fireblade, that fell between two stools so was never as

Mileage, low, though do ride all year.

Do run out to club do near Newbury, a few runs to Brum, and one abandoned ride to Scotland ( poor obs :***:)
But am going Scotland this summer, so Iron Butt badge going to be earned .:D

Ps have posted on here.https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/do-you-ride-a-motorbike.109650/page-4#post-1950070

I had a little wonder over and looked at the picture you posted of your bike, looks real nice.
Iron Butt ?? That's for heroes, well done in anticipation.
Newbury ?? Not far from me. Pm if you are up for a koffy at some point in the future, we had better make it a low carb koffy and no bacon sarnies, bacon yes.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This made me laugh. When we were first married my first trip on the motorbike was to a very wet Cornwall. It rained all the way to Cornwall, the whole time we were there and all the way back. When we arrived home I got off the bike and said "never again'. So I also declared the bike Verboten - forever.
Hey @Krystyna23040 that was the weather to blame really though my old bones wouldnt make it far on the back of a bike o_O Cornwall lovely but I like to be driven there and defo no camping, tried that once in my youth next to a river which overflowed with rain flooded our tent.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Have not been posting for the last two days. Fasting blood the day before yesterday were 4.8, yesterday 4.8 and today 4.9.

Weather's been glorious for the last few days, will be heading out in a minute and work on my tan.

@Freema -- Hope you feel better soon. Enjoy the sun.
@endocrinegremlin and @SaladDaze -- Welcome and glad you decided to join the thread.
@Debandez -- Enjoy your time on Fuerteventura -- how long will you be staying?

Just 1 week. Long enough to recharge batteries @ziggy_w :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 today. Chinese buffet at the hotel last night. Surrounded by ninja rice I had to fight off from every angle! Thought I had done ok when I tested last night after 2 hours coming in with a winning 5.5. Obviously they snuck sugar into lots of options on offer. But I will live to fight another day :)

Today's social media post from windy and warm Fuertoventura. Written from a local bar whilst enjoying a glass of prosecco! Me and hubby hired a scooter for the afternoon. It seemed a good idea at the time!!!

Pit stop, literally as I'm out with Evel Kanivel on the scooter (well he thinks he is). Decking around corners. Reving up at every opportunity, I wouldnt mind but top speed is 5km an hour and its tweeting like a canary as it so needs oiling. He said it's taking him back to his motorbiking days. He thinks he is in the film Easy rider'. He said he wants to grow a tach, sideburns and long hair like Peter Fonda! He is currently playing 'motorbiking' by Chris Spedding, grinning like a Cheshire cat. He is really in the zone with this scooter!!! Bless.

As well as biking through town endangering many pedestrians including women, children, elderly and disabled we have done the beautiful coastal road. He is loving his horn and is pressing it at every opportunity. I wouldnt mind but it's a real damp squid (almost put wet f*rt but it's really not that dramatic). I'm keeping my eyes shut. I dont want to see what we almost crash into!

Weather update. Very flippin windy! Nearly got blown off me bike! Clinging on to Eric for dear life. Eric's hat did however get blown off and muggings had to jump off and run (well as close to running as I do) and get it.

Apparently after this pit stop we are heading for the hills. Route 66 eat your heart out.

It's fun and worth every cent of the €32 for 4 hours (only another 2 hours of the white knuckle ride left thankfully!!!).

No helmets either. And now there is beer in the mix! Health n safety would have a field day over here!!

UPDATE
not sure how we managed it but we ended up on some kinda dual carriageway! Under taken and over taken (which wasn't hard) by juggernauts, lorries, coaches..... we saw lots of people waving at us. 'Hola' I shouted back smiling saying to Eric how lovely and friendly the locals were, but the more I think about it the more I think they were waving to say GET OFF THE ROAD!!! Anyway needless to say Eric lost his hat! And this time I wasnt going to risk my life to get it!!!

Last edited:

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hey @Krystyna23040 that was the weather to blame really though my old bones wouldnt make it far on the back of a bike o_O Cornwall lovely but I like to be driven there and defo no camping, tried that once in my youth next to a river which overflowed with rain flooded our tent.

I adore being under canvas... Just got myself a fantastic new 5 metre bell tent. That brings the total now to three tents, a stealth camper/day van (with aweing) a caravan (with aweing).
Plus! A vintage caravan that I am restoring to its former glory.

And a couple of kayaks, a Carrera (No not the Porsche) it’s my bike that will be getting lots of use this year
I love the outdoor life!

Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.5 today. Chinese buffet at the hotel last night. Surrounded by ninja rice I had to fight off from every angle! Thought I had done ok when I tested last night after 2 hours coming in with a winning 5.5. Obviously they snuck sugar into lots of options on offer. But I will live to fight another day :)

Today's social media post from windy and warm Fuertoventura. Written from a local bar whilst enjoying a glass of prosecco! Me and hubby hired a scooter for the afternoon. It seemed a good idea at the time!!!

Pit stop, literally as I'm out with Evel Kanivel on the scooter (well he thinks he is). Decking around corners. Reving up at every opportunity, I wouldnt mind but top speed is 5km an hour and its tweeting like a canary as it so needs oiling. he said it's taking him back to his motorbiking days. He thinks he is in the film Easy rider'. He said he wants to grow a tach, sideburns and long hair like Peter Fonda! He is currently.playing 'motorbiking' by Chris Spedding smiling like a Cheshire cat. He is really in the zone with this scooter!!! Bless.

As well as biking through town endangering many pedestrians including women, children, elderly and disabled we have done the beautifil coastal road. He is loving his horn and is pressing it at every opportunity. I wouldnt mind but it's a real damp squid (almost put wet f*rt but it's really not that dramatic). I'm keeping my eyes shut. I dont want to see what we almost crash into!

Weather update. Very flippin windy! Nearly got blown off me bike! Clinging on to Eric for dear life. Eric's hat did how ever get blown off and muggings had to jump off and run (well as close to running as I do) and get it.

Apparently after this pit stop we are heading for the hills. Route 66 eat your heart out.

It's fun and worth every cent of the €32 for 4 hours (only another 2 hours of the white knuckle ride left thankfully!!!).

No helmets either. And now there is beer in the mix! Health n safety would have a field day over here!!

UPDATE
not sure how we managed it but we ended up on some kinda dual carriageway! Under taken and over taken (which wasnt hard) by juggernauts, lorries, coaches..... we had people waving at us. 'Hola' I shouted back smiling saying to Eric how lovely and friendly the locals were, but the more I think about it the more I think they were waving to say GET OFF THE ROAD!!! Anyway needless to say Eric lost his hat! And this time I wasnt going to risk my life to get it!!!

Well what a post! wish I was there. You should be on TV
Keep on keeping on!

Po

Reactions: ziggy_w

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

My favorite camping trip was on an island in the middle of a lake, which we reached by canoe.

But I was younger then.

The other two were overnight group camp-outs -- skydiving club at our drop zone.

My preferred mode of travel for getting out and getting free:

slider2.jpg

Haven't done that in far too long. I hope to get back in the saddle soon.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pit stop, literally as I'm out with Evel Kanivel on the scooter (well he thinks he is).
Decking around corners.
Reving up at every opportunity,
I wouldnt mind but top speed is 5km an hour and its tweeting like a canary as it so needs oiling.

He said it's taking him back to his motorbiking days. He thinks he is in the film Easy rider'.
He said he wants to grow a tach, sideburns and long hair like Peter Fonda!
He is currently playing 'motorbiking' by Chris Spedding, grinning like a Cheshire cat.
He is really in the zone with this scooter!!! Bless.

Loving how that all sounds...:hilarious:
god bless Eric..( and you for having such balls to go on back..lol )

i enjoy it when people just let go a little, have a little fun, and don't take themselves or life too seriously.
(hard to do sometimes, i know, but so liberating )

sounds like your having a great time....
hoping for many more posts..

Happy holiday.....
113.gif

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am looking at electric scooters or 3-wheelers just so I can go farther than I can on foot, and more independently than on a bus or in an Uber car. No one would ever know this to look at the models I'm looking at, but inside I will be being Easy Rider while scooting around -- or more like Steppenwolf.

I'm a born to be wild child.