What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
good morning everyone :)

4.4 today

had a busy evening yesterday ;)

went shopping in the afternoon and scored three packs of cubed steak, a large pack of nice sausages and two packs of ready made creamy mash in the 'whoops' section of the Supermarket to go with the large pack of sausages and two packs of mince I went in for. Spent at a least a couple of hours cooking everything, of course I also had to peel a big pile of veggies too. My 'dogs' were barking by the time I'd finished :hilarious:

Since I found the mash I'm making some 'ready meals' for mum's freezer, shepherd's pie and bangers and mash with onion gravy. Might do a portion of stew with a small dumpling for her as well. I'll portion up the rest of the cooked meats this morning now that it's completely cooled and bung it in our freezer to act as meal bases for mr gee and I.

Found one of my old recipes for chocolate mousse which is mostly just egg and dark chocolate (not as dark as the chocolate we eat now but I can always add some erythritol), so I'm going to give it a try for today's dinner at mum's.

Hope your weekend is treating you gently :)

@dogslife what a horrible day for you, hugs to both
Thanks, geeful.:)

Reactions: zauberflote

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sympathies for your aches and pains dunelm. Blame the weather! When I was younger my older relatives used to say their aches were due to the weather and I thought this was an "Old wives tale" but I'm beginning to think there is some truth in it now! Hope you feel better soon.:)

Thanks @dogslife - I love a good blame and weather may well be a factor. I also like to blame leaves on the line.
The road signed “this way to getting older” is best taken with lots of shouting and yelling I think, it reminds us that we are still in the game, albeit not as sprightly on some days as before.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...where to start!...yesterday set off for work to one of the most inaccessible places in sunny Essex (it wasn't sunny really trying to be optimistic)...finished there around 5:30pm...good timing on the way home until the A1(M) came to a halt...home at 8:00pm ...for supper stopped & bought chicken & gravy pie...yes a pie savoured every bite...had follow up phone calls to make so not in bed until after midnight...around 01:30 the cramp arrived...did the cramp dance which didn't work...so watched some classic TV (Wentworth & Sex & The City)...limped off to bed at 4am...feel shattered...woke to an unsurprising 6.7

Reactions: DJC3

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all, grey skies here on the east coast and a nice lie in . 4.8 on the meter . A bit of a walk on the beach is called for after a few more layers of clothing are added.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks @dogslife - I love a good blame and weather may well be a factor. I also like to blame leaves on the line.
The the road signed “this way to getting older” is best taken with lots of shouting and yelling I think, it reminds us that we are still in the game, albeit not as sprightly on some days as before.
That's the spirit,dunelm! We just have to learn to do things differently don't we? :)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning...where to start!...yesterday set off for work to one of the most inaccessible places in sunny Essex (it wasn't sunny really trying to be optimistic)...finished there around 5:30pm...good timing on the way home until the A1(M) came to a halt...home at 8:00pm ...for supper stopped & bought chicken & gravy pie...yes a pie savoured every bite...had follow up phone calls to make so not in bed until after midnight...around 01:30 the cramp arrived...did the cramp dance which didn't work...so watched some classic TV (Wentworth & Sex & The City)...limped off to bed at 4am...feel shattered...woke to an unsurprising 6.7
Hope you have a much better day today, Bubbsie.:)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Cramp - a real nuisance - I have tried all sorts but nothing works as well as a power walk or a dance round and round the kitchen.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cramp - a real nuisance - I have tried all sorts but nothing works as well as a power walk or a dance round and round the kitchen.
Ice, Ice baby used to work for me. If I say nowadays cramp seems to be a thing of the past no doubt it will come back. Sympathy for the need to develop such a close relationship with Aunty Inflammatory @dunelm. VLC definitely plays havoc with my joints if'n I don't radically divert from what is standard on here. @dogslife and all others whose parents require lots of care you have my sympathy. I had one monumental day to deal with but long term It was probably a heavily disguised blessing.

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ice, Ice baby used to work for me. If I say nowadays cramp seems to be a thing of the past no doubt it will come back. Sympathy for the need to develop such a close relationship with Aunty Inflammatory @dunelm. VLC definitely plays havoc with my joints if'n I don't radically divert from what is standard on here. @dogslife and all others whose parents require lots of care you have my sympathy. I had one monumental day to deal with but long term It was probably a heavily disguised blessing.
Thank you ianpspurs. Sudden loss and long term losing of a loved one are both devastating in different ways. Best wishes :)

Reactions: zauberflote

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Awful dunelm...very time I thought I'd got control it returned with a vengeance...so another lap round the bedroom:yuck:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 on this lovely fair-to-partly-cloudy April morning. Don't know if it was the bedtime snack or the ibuprofen. Another pain-free morning, though -- and the KittenCat didn't turn on her alarm. ^. .^

@alf_Josiah I love the visuals of your 8.2. Here is a visual for you:

56494.jpg

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all.

Fasting blood sugars were 5.0 this morning, but were dropping after this.

Unfortunately not much of a Sunday for me today, have to read two Bachelor theses and write a report on them, plus a comment on a hiring process. Happy though that this is not every weekend.

@dogslife -- So sorry about your mum and the stress you went through. Hope she can come home tomorrow.
@geefull -- Good luck with the chocolate mousse -- definitely low-carb and worth all the effort.
@Bubbsie -- Cramps are a nightmare, hope you'll be able to catch up on some sleep today.

Take care and have a great Sunday, all.

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hugs and empathy to everyone suffering from aches and pains. Mine are starting to set in again now that I've eaten breakfast. Sometimes it seems hot coffee helps; sometimes it seems hot coffee sets off the inflammation. Maybe it is just neuropathy, which needs neither rhyme nor reason.

Today is Litterbox Deep-Cleaning Day. The KittenCat says no rush, come back to bed. ^. .^

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs and empathy to everyone suffering from aches and pains. Mine are starting to set in again now that I've eaten breakfast. Sometimes it seems hot coffee helps; sometimes it seems hot coffee sets off the inflammation. Maybe it is just neuropathy, which needs neither rhyme nor reason.

Today is Litterbox Deep-Cleaning Day. The KittenCat says no rush, come back to bed. ^. .^
Hugs for the aches and pains plus coffee dilemma. I have largely eschewed coffee since late December, along with red wine, and in general joints are thanking me. Have had some coffee lately in lieu of meals while out and about and my knees and ankles no likey much.

Reactions: gennepher