What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Made me laugh OBB...just realised I referred to you under your old user name...not really that clued up on security issues...likely why I am not working for MI6.

I'm like 'where have all these newbies come from, our fab thread is certainly growing in popularity '. Basically I haven't got a clue either .....MI6 would not even have me making brews!

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't remember when I last wrote a letter...possibly I've lost the art:(
It's like riding a bike! You just pick up (your pen) and carry on from where you left off. I pop lots of beautiful stickers on the envelope too. I got a stack of francked stamps from Ebay which work perfectly well (I hope nobody reading this rumbles me!!! ;-) )

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm like 'where have all these newbies come from, our fab thread is certainly growing in popularity '. Basically I haven't got a clue either .....MI6 would not even have me making brews!
Using the user's profile there are messages from poemagahic and stenmar to many that give the old names. Not sure if they can be removed should people wish to change identity.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
PRO: I really like the ability to calibrate the results against a finger prick test. (I’m not sure if you NEED the MiaoMiao to do this, there are some 3rd party apps like spike, xdrip, and another I think) I know I couldn’t get the one for iPhone as it needs installing every week by computer which I don’t have access to.
PRO: I don’t need to scan to get numbers. During the day was fine I could scan as often as I liked, but at night I only scanned when awake and I had to guess my number and time by reading the line on the graph.
PRO: I like that it comes through to my Apple Watch automatically. I like my toys.
CON: Now my numbers are good, and I’m not talking insulin is it a bit overkill? I’m not sure how frequently I will use libre sensors soon.
CON: Not cheap MM1 now about £110, new MM2 £140 and your buying from the states so prices fluctuate because of £-$
CON: It does cover the libre sensor so you have a larger device on your arm, found it a bit more obvious when laying on it in bed but I’m used to that now.
CON: You have to keep tomato app running at all times, it drains your phone battery. I had to buy a powerbank for my phone or I couldn’t go out today without charger.
Oh thank you. Just one more question, is it a one off purchase? Or every 2 weeks like the libre? I presume one off.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some of us have changed our user names & avatars Debs...it's not difficult to spot who is who given their style of writing...psst it's me but don't tell anyone;););).

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey I’m home! @SaskiaKC and @Bubbsie I PM’d (well I would lol) @DJC3 and she has repetitive strain type injury in her shoulder (she mentioned it recently) and even texting is causing pain so she is just listening in for now. Wishing you a speedy recovery @DJC3 and sending hugs. I loved reading about Frankie and his exuberance. @gennepher your garden swing is beautiful..so glad for you and Popeye to have such a nice relaxing place! Excited to b picking up Bobs and Daisy early tomo.

Hi PM thanks, and also to @SaskiaKC @Bubbsie and @ianpspurs for your good wishes.
Yes am browsing on and off but not posting much as it triggers the pain.
I’ve decided just to post fbg in low chat thread to keep me focussed, but to read through this one in order to keep an eye on you all! Happy Monday

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK it is five o'clock in the morning here and I am in the dark both literally and figuratively. Have we suddenly acquired two new members or are these new names for old friends and if so sm I the only one not getting it?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi PM thanks, and also to @SaskiaKC @Bubbsie and @ianpspurs for your good wishes.
Yes am browsing on and off but not posting much as it triggers the pain.
I’ve decided just to post fbg in low chat thread to keep me focussed, but to read through this one in order to keep an eye on you all! Happy Monday
Good to see you here DJC...looking forward to your return when you able & up to it...hugs but given your shoulder problem gentle ones.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't like this game playing not knowing who these strangers are. I don't work that way so am feeling as unsettled as Bobs. Y'all have fun its not for me.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK it is five o'clock in the morning here and I am in the dark both literally and figuratively. Have we suddenly acquired two new members or are these new names for old friends and if so sm I the only one not getting it?
Yes & no respectively Saskia:D

Reactions: jjraak

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't like this game playing not knowing who these strangers are. I don't work that way so am feeling as unsettled as Bobs. Y'all have fun its not for me.
Some are concerned with the openness of the forum & their personal privacy so have changed their user names & avatars Saskia...for no other reason it's not game playing it is for a good reason...give it a chance.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Some of us have changed our user names & avatars Debs...it's not difficult to spot who is who given their style of writing...psst it's me but don't tell anyone;););).

I'm too much of an open book to change anything. At the moment I'm happy to keep mine as it stands but get others reasons to change. Who is this ;-) .

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It has caused a little confusion. But a couple on here have changed names and avatars due to privacy issues. Took me a while to suss out who is who but their individual style gives clues. Penny has just dropped for me.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I dont like change but I'm running with it in the hope that my jitters will settle as quickly as they arrived.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some are concerned with the openness of the forum & their personal privacy so have changed their user names & avatars Saskia...for no other reason it's not game playing it is for a good reason...give it a chance.

But how are we expected to know who we're talking with? It's like everyone is suddenly wearing a mask.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I dont like change but I'm running with it in the hope that my jitters will settle as quickly as they arrived.

I hope yours do. Mine hit me like a full-on body slam. I understand the need for privacy as I never ID myself online but when I came here and saw that I was the only one not getting the new avatars and userids it just made me feel stupid and clueless. It was like everyone was dancing around in masks and I wasn't in on it. So, yeah, like a cruel childhood game is how it hit me.

Reactions: True Blue

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope yours do. Mine hit me like a full-on body slam. I understand the need for privacy as I never ID myself online but when I came here and saw that I was the only one not getting the new avatars and userids it just made me feel stupid and clueless. It was like everyone was dancing around in masks and I wasn't in on it. So, yeah, like a cruel childhood game is how it hit me.
Saskia its nothing like that at all...some choose to guard their privacy not having realised how public the forum is...there was no attempt to deceive or fool anyone...I'm surprised you likened it to a 'cruel childhood game'...really you have to see it for what it is...a matter of personal choice...it will soon become apparent who has changed some of their details...it won't change the dynamics of this thread at all.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on another promising day in the life of lives and happy Monday to all.

The wonder wheel of chicken curry and roasted cauliflower issued a stern warning about care with after dinner treats with a 5.9

Last morning here with our cousins in our fancy rented house in the Lake District .
One of my sisters who lives in France and is married to a Frenchman tells me that the French have a word for our weekend - Cousinade

https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousinade

Have a wonderful day if you can, hugs to those that need them.

Great link. I am going to try this one -- I've had two cousins who prefer the more Shakespearean "cuz" and will be interested in this new-to-us term. :D

Reactions: ianpspurs

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saskia its nothing like that at all...some choose to guard their privacy not having realised how public the forum is...there was no attempt to deceive or fool anyone...I'm surprised you likened it to a 'cruel childhood game'...really you have to see it for what it is...a matter of personal choice...it will soon become apparent who has changed some of their details...it won't change the dynamics of this thread at all.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. It has already changed the dynamics. If you knew me you would not be surprised by my likening it to a cruel childhood game. Maybe that is the whole point of the privacy protections we all use here -- we don't really know each other unless we choose to try to share different facets of ourselves.