What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all of an aquatic nature.

A gentle 5.6 from my meter. I think leaving my hammer next to it is having an effect.

Well folks it could be an interesting day if you believe the media.
I'm glad I don't have to ride my motorbike today, but rode 75 miles yesterday and stayed dry. Today is mostly medical with a bit of plinky plonky practice and completing Mrs J's job list before she comes home snarling and spitting flames about the things I haven't guessed she wants doing.

Well folks have a good day, stay dry if possible and keep hydrated.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a drippy morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of why don’t you nip back into bed for five minutes that turned into two hours sneaked out a 4.9 at 0600 and then punished me for agreeing, with a 6.8 at 0840 - liver didn’t sneak back into bed then?

@ianpspurs those naughty Corinthians probably didn’t clean their beer glasses very often but as Jimmy Cliff once said; “I can see clearly now the rain has gone.”
@Krystyna23040 - Warning by Jenny Joseph is one of my mum’s favourite poems, probably the foundation of how she lives her life - it seems to have rubbed off on me also.

Not a great deal on today but I think that we will be removing fruit from pear and possibly apple trees and then do some quite severe pruning; they haven’t had a pruning for about five years (lazy sod I here you say).
Made a great quantity of apple sauce last night so it will go into small portion freezer bags in a while.

Have a great day if you can, play a game of spot the avatar if you can’t

Last edited:
Reactions: True Blue

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OMG...just back from clinic to the news BORIS has lost well that's a turn up for the books...I have a new found respect for judges...will he be the shortest lived Prime Minister in Downing Street

Reactions: UserABC2021

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OMG...just back from clinic to the news BORIS has lost well that's a turn up for the books...I have a new found respect for judges...will he be the shortest lived Prime Minister in Downing Street
Hope you got on ok? Agree but he wont go quickly think he will throw a few people under the bus first..what sort of country have we become! It it was a movie it would be farfetched.

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you got on ok? Agree but he wont go quickly think he will throw a few people under the bus first..what sort of country have we become! It it was a movie it would be farfetched.
Yes clinic was fine PM just slightly over my target back there in two weeks...it's much easier to bring the INR level down that up so I'm happy with that...Boris reminds me of the kind of Prime Minister who believed they were born to rule...bluff & bluster...no gravitas charm or any real presence...hopefully this will teach all those dammed members of the House of Commons a lesson...there are effective challenges apart from elections...I expect Boris will go on the speakers circuit with Jacob Rees Smug as his 2nd up.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon/evening all. I'm still on the very low carb keto "bread" trail. I have finally found a recipe that produces soft risen rolls that taste like wholemeal. The problem is that 4 large rolls cost £2.37. The ingredients include Psyllium husk powder which costs about £15 for 500g. The egg whites (and other ingredients) are purchased from Sainsbury at £2.40 for 15 egg whites in a chilled carton, 500g.

Yes there is a high initial outlay, maybe £25, but you will be able to bake a lot of rolls.

Looking at the comments below the YouTube clip, Aussie Ketogal advises to let the initial dough rest for at least 2 mins before folding in the lightly beaten egg whites, the final stage before 35 mins in the oven at 180 C fan. The rise is truly spectacular!

Milled golden flaxseed 40g
Coconut flour 30g
Psyllium husk powder 25g (Holland and Barrett)
Baking powder 5 g (tsp)
Baking soda 5g (tsp)
Salt 2.5g (1/2 tsp)
Warm water 180 ml
Butter 40g
Cider vinegar 2 tsp
Egg whites 125g (equivalent to 4 medium egg whites)

Method: Watch the movie! Good luck!

Reactions: trick60

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum I'm sorry to hear about the ironing.
t6003.gif
. I'm picturing the girls doing their own. Years ago I tried to get the KittenCat to do mine, but she was born wash-and-wear and converted me without a wrinkle.
t4105.gif

@Krystyna23040 and @gennepher I'm glad to be reminded of that poem and to have a chance to read it again. The last time I did was so long ago that I was still able to think "When ..." Nowadays I would think "Now that ..." I would also change "satin sandals" to "high-top sneakers" because they feel better on my feet and I first wanted a pair when I was 7 years old.

m_5d30fb8e8557af85b767e033.jpg