What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a day. The MIL saga continues and we have left her in the hands of the hospital. Paramedics were excellent at 1400 hours today but said too many flags raised and although reluctant to do so took her to hospital. At 22.30 hours she finally ended up on a ward and Mrs MC came home with me, but lots of waiting for doctors, lost blood test results, badly maintained intravenous drips, full catheter sacks that did not get emptied until on ward and doctors that could not communicate or be understood. I sat in a corridor for the whole of that time, cafe had nothing I could eat so arrived home hungry and tired, for the pleasure of the experience parking cost £6.50.
My BG after 12 hours of no food ended up at 6.3 and eating late when home doesn't bode well for the morning. Still MIL is in safe hands, we hope and Mrs MC can get some rest.

I also had some bad news as a 96 year old Aunty passed away this morning. So really was a bad day.

Again lots of posts since I left this morning.

@Debandez sorry to hear you are still fighting those bugs, look after yourself.

Anyone having Christmas Tree pet problems should maybe try one of these.....

IMG_2338.JPG

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What a day. The MIL saga continues and we have left her in the hands of the hospital. Paramedics were excellent at 1400 hours today but said too many flags raised and although reluctant to do so took her to hospital. At 22.30 hours she finally ended up on a ward and Mrs MC came home with me, but lots of waiting for doctors, lost blood test results, badly maintained intravenous drips, full catheter sacks that did not get emptied until on ward and doctors that could not communicate or be understood. I sat in a corridor for the whole of that time, cafe had nothing I could eat so arrived home hungry and tired, for the pleasure of the experience parking cost £6.50.
My BG after 12 hours of no food ended up at 6.3 and eating late when home doesn't bode well for the morning. Still MIL is in safe hands, we hope and Mrs MC can get some rest.

I also had some bad news as a 96 year old Aunty passed away this morning. So really was a bad day.

View attachment 37078

Fullest sympathies.
Sounds like an awful day.

Hug for wife and a burly man hug for you.
Live just ain't easy sometimes..:oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 37078

What a miserable day for you all. I hope you will be able to get some restful sleep tonight, and MIL too, now that they have gotten her settled in the ward. I am really sorry to hear about your Aunty.

I do love your Christmas tree tip! :)

Hugs to you all.

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.4 from me getting ready for an eventful week. Off to Southampton soon to see No 2 son on his birthday and deliver Christmas presents. Back tomorrow then 2 important days of different tests, @Muddy Cyclist pig of a day for you yesterday, hugs and prayers. @jjraak hope your nephew continues to make progress. Good morning @PenguinMum. Hope you all have the best Sunday you can - I'm going off grid now. Advent 2 today, getting nearer the Great O Antiphons when I really know its Christmas.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
day off...so can have lie in..yes :D

NO...Stupid brain says... "Wake up early," ....obviously...:banghead:

Anyways 5.6 happy with that,
lamb chops from the Turkish, comes with rice & bread.:bag:
large red wine..(ok bottle.:arghh:)

and i tipped 7.9 after 2 hrs.
didn't test after that.
but did go to bed...Hic..:wacky:

Thank you for good wishes @SaskiaKC , most kind.

nephew still in ICU but conscious and now talking.
went saw him Friday afternoon
confused, and last two weeks are a mystery to him.

Knows who we all are, but thinks every one else in ward is a famous footballer, celebrity or TV star..???

tested by psych nurse, thinks John major is prime minister so a little behind the curve but doesn't seem to be too damaged mentally, thank god.

Still has major concerns re kidneys, liver, blood clots, severe bruising..i do mean severe all up his arms where drips,meds and electrics were connected to him...BUT
he's back from the brink, god willing.
Lets hope the improvements continues.

thank you all so much for the hugs, likes, good wishes and prayers.
has meant a lot during a very worrying time.

family are most appreciative of ALL your kind thoughts & prayers..xxx

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 5.4 from me getting ready for an eventful week. Off to Southampton soon to see No 2 son on his birthday and deliver Christmas presents. Back tomorrow then 2 important days of different tests, @Muddy Cyclist pig of a day for you yesterday, hugs and prayers. @jjraak hope your nephew continues to make progress. Good morning @PenguinMum. Hope you all have the best Sunday you can - I'm going off grid now. Advent 2 today, getting nearer the Great O Antiphons when I really know its Christmas.

Then best wishes for a safe trip & good results from your tests.

travel safe. Ian of Spurs.
Enjoy the break

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
111 more messages to catch up on. Love to read them all but will read more tomorrow.

I've not shaken this virus off yet. Still hugging the fire yesterday! Daughters baby shower today but glad to get home. Not eaten properly for days. Yesterday I thought to myself I have to eat, cant afford to lose any more weight (5lb under ideal weight for me now). But nothing low carb was appealing. Cheese, meat, eggs, veg, yoghurt. No appetite whatsoever. Have a funny feeling in my stomache. So I went to the local sayers bakery. I bought a cornish pasty no less. It doesnt end there. I bought cakes for the family, had bottom half of iced Bavarian slice. Went down very well. Blood sugars however went very high. I was prepared. It is the first time I have struggled in 2 years (tomorrow) since dx.
On the positive side I haven't lost any more weight.
The virus has made my blood sugars rise in general. Even when not wating, I expected it to go down if anything.
So just waiting patiently for this virus to pass.
Back to lc today. Omelette forced down, chicken skewers, halloumi fries at baby shower. Glass of prosecco didnt go down well at all. So diet coke ordered. Tastes gross but sick of water.

Hope all well with everyone else.

Well only known you a little bit @Debandez , but it's so unlike you to moan about anything concerning you,
that must have really laid you low, so well done getting to the baby shower.

i think when off colour the diet has to fade away for a bit, and you need to be dealing with the current issue first
so the food...mmhh..it's a necessary evil, and you'll recover that in the next few days once well again.

speedy recovery.
get well soon.
my friend x

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

didn't test after that.

Knows who we all are, but thinks every one else in ward is a famous footballer, celebrity or TV star..???

tested by psych nurse, thinks John major is prime minister so a little behind the curve but doesn't seem to be too damaged mentally, thank god.

Still has major concerns re kidneys, liver, blood clots, severe bruising..i do mean severe all up his arms when meds and electrics connected to him...BUT

Conscious and talking! That is wonderful news! Thanks for posting it.
Love to him and to you all including hospital staff.
Now you, go back to sleep. :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
08-12-19
5.4 This morning.
The new regime though, didn't quite manage it. But then it's new.
The BG result this morning is encouraging, however I am concerned that I may need to watch my calories if I start losing weight again.
It's raining and am just about to embark on jelly making. The juice did not clear. :(
And having woken up to Xmas is now only two weeks away, plan on writing cards and lists. Maybe wrapping a few presents.
But not shopping on a Sunday. Here only a few supermarkets are open Sunday morning (a recent innovation) and I am hoping (probably in vain) that other shops don't follow the trend.
Have a good day peeps, whatever you are doing.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 37078

Hugs for you @Muddy Cyclist and all of you.

t4624 (1).gif

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning early risers. No idea why I’m awake at this time, still feeling rough but managing coffee so can’t be that bad.
5.2 this morning, same as bedtime and looking at CGM trace it’s been a flat line all night long. ( albeit 1 mmol lower)
@ianpspurs have a lovely time with no2 son and family, and good luck with those tests.
@jjraak I’m so glad your nephew is still making progress, does he have no idea what happened to him?
@Muddy Cyclist I hope things start to improve a bit now that MIL is in hospital and you and your wife can have a proper rest. Sadly your tale of the unpromising admission saga is very familiar. I think hospitals are full to bursting with flu and Norovirus patient and everything is looking a bit precarious at the moment. Sorry to hear about your aunty too. It’s very sad when more and more people from ones childhood die, can leave you feeling a bit lost and lonely in spite of having your wife and your own family around you.
I love the Christmas tree idea, I think our ceilings are too low though and Dennis would still reach, otherwise I’d seriously consider it!
@PenguinMum I’m still lolloping in bed too. Wind is whistling outside and Mr C has promised to take Dennis out for a long walk on Goss moor so I don’t need to move from my cosy nest.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

didn't test after that.

Still has major concerns re kidneys, liver, blood clots, severe bruising..i do mean severe all up his arms when meds and electrics connected to him...BUT

Sounds encouraging @jjraak the news

t4624 (1).gif

Hugs for everyone

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I can't remember if it was Madeleine L'Engle or Kathleen Norris who first told me about the O And iPhones (had to let that stay as it was too good not to share -- especially as it was the effort of an Android! ;)). I can't remember the name of the book.
You must write more about them to refresh my memory further, when you get back on the grid, sometime before Christmas, please?
Prayers and hugs for safe and happy trip to Southampton son and back, and for tests.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't remember if it was Madeleine L'Engle or Kathleen Norris who first told me about the O And iPhones (had to let that stay as it was too good not to share -- especially as it was the effort of an Android! ;)). I can't remember the name of the book.
You must write more about them to refresh my memory further, when you get back on the grid, sometime before Christmas, please?
Prayers and hugs for safe and happy trip to Southampton son and back, and for tests.
Just stole a few minutes on grid. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Antiphons Enjoy. I will post a link to an amazing talk about them, principally O Sapientia when I find the link.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well only known you a little bit @Debandez , but it's so unlike you to moan about anything concerning you,
that must have really laid you low, so well done getting to the baby shower.

i think when off colour the diet has to fade away for a bit, and you need to be dealing with the current issue first
so the food...mmhh..it's a necessary evil, and you'll recover that in the next few days once well again.

speedy recovery.
get well soon.
my friend x
Thank you. I've never had anything like this tbh. Dr on Monday if no better.