What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Gosh, that reminded me of The Old Man of Storr, only a year ago Mrs MC and I clambered to this same spot to take many photos similar to this one.
View attachment 39770
There I is plateau from which this shot can be taken, most tourists walk to where the well trodden path stops and never actually see this angle, well worth the extra effort.

Edit and here we are halfway up to plateau
View attachment 39771
Lovely pic, might need to appropriate this one for my "backgrounds" collection. Hope you don't mind.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no - have just read that President Bolsonaro of Brazil has said that concerns about the corona virus are exaggerated and has called for the economy to take precedence over public health.

His critics say that he is even outdoing Trump in spouting ill informed nonsense.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely pic, might need to appropriate this one for my "backgrounds" collection. Hope you don't mind.
The one I posted is taken from a tourist site for Scotland. I do have a much better one that I took somewhere on my Laptop. Purely by luck the light was stunning when we reached the plateau, I will see if I can find it.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Certainly being done in our Tesco and policed by staff.
Good to know. Still no help for those of us shielding as comments there show. I have sons nearby to help if desperate but I'm certain many who have been told to shield are not so fortunate. I really hope the database sharing works but can see the flaw when the registered shieldee and supermarket account? holder are different - I am definitely in that situation . Phone calls and emails useless right now. I'm not in trouble but I guarantee some are.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hopefully everyone is keeping the correct distance apart.

upload_2020-3-29_12-4-56.jpeg

Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That advice is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. Actually not as useful because at least you can eat a chocolate fireguard.
I feel so sorry for that doctor and all medical staff.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Great fbg, especially after the stress of yesterday. 3 bean salad, dishes with chick peas and beans in general would be my preferred diet but I can't reconcile that with LC/keto and my pathetic bg control. Njcoise is one of my favourites as are French beans (high carb though?). Good ideas there so thanks so much - could be time for me to ditch the 1 meal routine and pop the pills.
Update: Just checked French beans on chronometer - 3.9 for 83 gms (allegedly) so borderline ok? May also consider including wine again - reluctantly - did that nearly 5 years ago when I started. Not convinced it is good for the bigger picture drinking wine just to reduce bg/fbg.
@ianpspurs Doubt if you would have 83g french beans in a portion of nicoise salad. Perhaps 20-25g?
Another possibility is mushrooms á la grecque.
I also like an avocado, tomato and feta salad. Best with fresh basil. Dressed with vinagrette. Currently using Brebis cheese. Sheep's milk cheese, similar to feta, but more crumbly. Still at approx half the price of feta it does an ok job.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who have time to play the song game, when I found time to log in just now I only had 83 unread posts.

A more resonable 5.6 for me and me's this morning, much better than the 4's I have been getting.

It appears that more stringent lockdown advice is appearing and it also appears several large supermarkets are running low on stocks of whips and handcuffs, better panic buy your favourite items now.
Hold on a message is just coming across. .....OK, yes I understand.....It appears this not the Web site I thought I was on. Apologies .

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting day. Attended a virtual birthday party this afternoon - no cake but lots of hats and cheery beverages in appropriate vessels - hic!

Converted my gopro stick to a selfie stick and after that mounted my phone behind my gopro in order to use the phone screen to see what the gopro is looking at. Unfortunately, can’t yet work out how to mount the gopro and the phone to the stick at the same time. J mounts - who knew.

Note - you have to saw off a bit of a J mount for it to fit onto a gopro stick.