What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Birthday cake phd bar
Late Lunch: a handful of pistachios followed by Greek yoghurt, orange chia pudding and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Dinner: Beef stew with roasted Mediterranean Veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

neverforever

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: mussels in white wine sauce with a leafy salad (hubby’s home on leave and did lunch :hungry:) followed by Greek yoghurt, strawberries and berry and almond paleo granola.
Mid afternoon: birthday phd and a black coffee.
Dinner: carbonara made with Explore Cuisine edamame ‘spaghetti’ followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Hi
Can I ask how you make your coconut porridge? Thank you

D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast: Usual two egg, cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes.
Lunch: Cheese and vegimite sandwich.
Dinner: Nile Perch fillets, salad.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugary, water.

Our GP surgery phoned yesterday, and told us our podiatry health care plan interview had been cancelled on Monday. The sister said she would fill in the paper work from last years interview.

Also she said that we will get our 2020 fluvax shot when we see the GP on Monday, they are giving all over 70's first crack at it at the practise.

The pharmacy delivery driver when she turned up yesterday said that deliveries were now free ...but.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I was expecting a 40 minute session on a study group at 7 pm so decided to leave making dinner until after that. It went on for 11/2 hours and I no sooner hung the phone up than someone else phoned and spoke for another hour. By that time I didn't feel like cooking or even eating. I just put my mini frittata in the oven for breakfast and had a cup of tea. Just felt a bit hungry though, so had a few dates and another cup of tea. I'll probably have the salmon for breakfast with a frittata.

Edited to fix typo

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
16-04-2020
Breakfast nut granola, CWC, scrambled eggs CWC
Lunch. I made soda bread. We had smoked salmon and lettuce from the garden. Radish are ready too, but we finished up the shop bought ones. Tomato and cucumber. I had a small piece of the bread. And a slice of pain kapnor. Carb content? Probably more than usual, but not too high. Tea and water.
Snack several cheese slices
Dinner. MrSlim cooked. Probably in desperation, since I was totally absorbed in planting out. Trying to fit everything into the available space. Probably need to make more room. Digging again.
Dinner. Last night's casserole reheated, MrSlim had oven chips, but he made quite a bit of effort attempting celariac chips for me. Impressed. Brocolli, and the last bit of cauliflower cheese reheated with extra cheese. No complaints from me. Bottle of pink fizz to share.
Long phone call and two packs of cheese crackers. Why? Not hungry. Just eating. Annoyed with myself. Tea and bedtime tea.
@Chook So sorry to hear this vile disease has hit so close to you.Condolences to your husband
20200416_134246.jpeg
20200416_134857.jpeg

Reactions: Annb and maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.3 FBG 4.9.@Chook so sad. It is very indiscriminate. It also makes me very angry the way certain parties are going on about exiting lockdown. They don't fully understand it yet so hopefully the Government won't be rushed until the science decrees. @DJC3 - Glad to hear the soda Stream finally appeared. @Annb - sounds like a research job with these flours. Not flours I've used but I'm always interested in new combinations.
@Goonergal - first @DCUKMod's flying Chillies now flying salami. Will need to remember light things fly. I used it for breakfast - see below.

B. TAG - Took one of the butcher's Very large GF sausages from the freezer (plus one for Hubby). Cooked from frozen in 15 mins in the air fryer. Beautifully browned. Put bacon in with 8 mins to go and it didn't fly but came out just right. Scrambled egg from a pot.
L. Nothing - more than enough for breakfast.
D. Made the beef wraps again. Thin beef wrapped around sliced peppers and onions and done in a chilli sauce. Had it with veggie chips. Had some Graham's goodness later.

I had 2 tins of varnish delivered today. Eventually discovered it was for niece. The make do fixings arrived for the strip light under the kitchen cabinet and they work (although Hubby twisted his back fitting them).

Reactions: annabell1

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Breakfast today slice brown Nimble toast, lots tea.
Lunch will be h/m egg mayo, lettuce, cucumber.
Supper will be chicken curry I made yesterday with cauli rice.

@DJC3 how was your first evening with your SodaStream? Guess what, they delivered me a second one yesterday, the whole set up, when I only ordered an extra bottle! I did wonder why the humungous box. I hope they will be willing to pick it up from my porch because I will not be going out to return it.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Breakfast today slice brown Nimble toast, lots tea.
Lunch will be h/m egg mayo, lettuce, cucumber.
Supper will be chicken curry I made yesterday with cauli rice.

@DJC3 how was your first evening with your SodaStream? Guess what, they delivered me a second one yesterday, the whole set up, when I only ordered an extra bottle! I did wonder why the humungous box. I hope they will be willing to pick it up from my porch because I will not be going out to return it.

Wow a whole new one? They must be really struggling with skeleton staff I think. I love it, I’ve been experimenting with the amount of fizz to add. 7 presses seems ideal- I like it quite fizzy. A spare bottle seems a good idea though, I think I’ll order one. What colour is yours? Mines a sort of pale blue/ turquoise very pretty.

Reactions: maglil55

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow a whole new one? They must be really struggling with skeleton staff I think. I love it, I’ve been experimenting with the amount of fizz to add. 7 presses seems ideal- I like it quite fizzy. A spare bottle seems a good idea though, I think I’ll order one. What colour is yours? Mines a sort of pale blue/ turquoise very pretty.
Oh mine is black, I think I have the most basic model. When I ordered mine I ordered a spare gas and the Slimline Tonic (for Mr PM) which is very good but didnt think to order another bottle. I do 5 presses but maybe a longer press than you. They say the gaslasts for 60 litres on average but that might be 3 presses so if you order again I would recommend getting a spare gas. Btw the Headland are now saying they are closed till 1st July so we should be fine re payment. If/when we get out of this, hopefully next year, we will rebook. Take care you and yours.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh mine is black, I think I have the most basic model. When I ordered mine I ordered a spare gas and the Slimline Tonic (for Mr PM) which is very good but didnt think to order another bottle. I do 5 presses but maybe a longer press than you. They say the gaslasts for 60 litres on average but that might be 3 presses so if you order again I would recommend getting a spare gas. Btw the Headland are now saying they are closed till 1st July so we should be fine re payment. If/when we get out of this, hopefully next year, we will rebook. Take care you and yours.

I do have a spare gas bottle, but there are a lot of places nearby like Asda, that do refills, and you can send back to them with free postage for a refill, so I think that’ll be fine. Now I just need to locate a lemon to slice into it. ( none in local Co op for a couple of weeks - first world problem I know - no lemon for G&S lol)
Glad the holiday refund will go ahead. But shame you will miss your Cornish holiday.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do have a spare gas bottle, but there are a lot of places nearby like Asda, that do refills, and you can send back to them with free postage for a refill, so I think that’ll be fine. Now I just need to locate a lemon to slice into it. ( none in local Co op for a couple of weeks - first world problem I know - no lemon for G&S lol)
Glad the holiday refund will go ahead. But shame you will miss your Cornish holiday.

[ Shakes head in dismay ]

If you had a dehydrator (which happens too be one of the features of Lidl airfryer), you could dehydrate, the vac pac, or freeze the slices? I was sceptical, but both lemon and lime work well, for me.

My next dehydration task is going to be fresh ginger. I already freeze it, grated, in ice cube (slightly larger cubes) trays, for portion sizing, but allegedly it's pretty wicked dehydrated chopped.

Go on. You know you want to. ;)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

If you had a dehydrator (which happens too be one of the features of Lidl airfryer), you could dehydrate, the vac pac, or freeze the slices? I was sceptical, but both lemon and lime work well, for me.

My next dehydration task is going to be fresh ginger. I already freeze it, grated, in ice cube (slightly larger cubes) trays, for portion sizing, but allegedly it's pretty wicked dehydrated chopped.

Must try that - I love adding ginger to all sorts of things. Best spice around I reckon.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Must try that - I love adding ginger to all sorts of things. Best spice around I reckon.

My only prep before grating it through the microplane is to trim off the really gnarly bit where it has been broken from the remainder of the root. You can peel it if you choose, but I don't.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I just reheated 2 mini frittata with some cheddar cheese for breakfast and have left the salmon for lunch to have with the last of the broccoli.
Dinner will be devilled kidneys with some stir fried veg. Been intending to try that for some time but didn't have the kidneys. I've never actually made them because I don't really like mustard or cayenne (or horseradish or wasabi for that matter) but I thought I would try it after many years, just to see if my tastes have changed.
I'm going to start experimenting with the water chestnut flour - Neil thinks he might try it as well - we can never tell what he can or can't take when it comes to new foods. Might just make a plain flatbread - that's the most basic thing I can think of.
Ms V will be doing my supermarket shopping today, so I should be restocked with veggies by this evening.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just discovered online that water chestnut flour is high in carbohydrate! Don't know how high or how it compares to wheat flour. Possibly not a good idea then. Might make some flatbread for Neil to try. Of course, I could just try it and see what effect it has on BG.

Reactions: maglil55 and Chook

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I’ve been trying to skim over these Lidl posts!!!
But yes I really do want one, I fancied a dehydrator for making dog treats too, 1/2 lb ox liver would be cheap and go a long way. Sadly no room on my kitchen work surface, what on earth possessed me to buy a house with a small kitchen?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Thank you, everyone, for your condolences. I don't think its really hit home fully yet.

I never thought I'd have lettuce envy but @SlimLizzy yours looks wonderful. The birds snaffled ours as seedlings.

Food today....

Breakfast: usual omelette with carb free syrup

Lunch: usual Actimel and small chunk of brie

Dinner: Linda McCartney burger/s and salad with a chaffle