What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nooooo! Fingers in ears!

Said in a very low voice................

The 3ltr would be a perfect option. I bought a second 6ltr as it was a great price on Prime Day.

I'd best post some food now. :):angelic:

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DCUKMod I’ve only seen fresh goat and ewe’s milk. I like ewes milk yoghurt, but don’t want the hassle of scalding fresh milk beforehand. Please let me know if you find any.
@Goonergal almond butter has a knack of making itself visible. Your life is very busy at the moment though so I think you deserved it.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today was an odd day. MrB was playing golf, teeing off at mid day. He much prefers an early morning start, but hey ho.

To accommodate the wonky mealtimes, we had a brunch of a mountain of bacon, with eggs and some cheese over it. I didn't feel like anything until early evening when he was home. He just wanted some soup with sourdough bread, so I have a bucket of salad with pate and an oily dressing, mainly for the calories.

Funny old food day.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DCUKMod I’ve only seen fresh goat and ewe’s milk. I like ewes milk yoghurt, but don’t want the hassle of scalding fresh milk beforehand. Please let me know if you find any.
@Goonergal almond butter has a knack of making itself visible. Your life is very busy at the moment though so I think you deserved it.

I've used the scalding method once, but to be honest, the UHT method plays right into my lazy gene. It's near zero effort and the only time I've had a failure was using coconut milk. That was just plain, old ODD.

Allegedly Tesco sells UHT goat's milk, but not in our store.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An odd day indeed. We actually went out for the day! Some of the gardens and Nt sites have opened up, prebooked and socially distanced. So not only saw hundreds of other people but drove on motorway and had to fuel the car for the first time since March!!! Felt quite strange but nice at the same time.
B. 2 scrambled eggs with 25g cheese
L 5 Brazil nuts and 4 almonds
D. Beef steak, 1 grilled tomato and carrots
Later 2 glasses white wine
Conscious didn't drink enough all day as concerned re lack of toilet facilities

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've used the scalding method once, but to be honest, the UHT method plays right into my lazy gene. It's near zero effort and the only time I've had a failure was using coconut milk. That was just plain, old ODD.

Allegedly Tesco sells UHT goat's milk, but not in our store.

Agree about the scalding. I have the lazy gene too. Thanks for the Tesco tip. I’ll have a look locally but don’t hold out much hope, it not a very big store

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
First @Rachox so sorry for your sudden loss of your Dad.
Yesterday had usual brekkie Hilo toast, loads of tea.
Lunch: finger of ripe Brie with salad.
Supper: Bolognese with courgetti preceded by gin & soda.

Today usual brekkie.
Lunch: egg mayo and salad.
Supper: Giant fish fingers and broccoli aka Thursday’s house special!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Brunneria - bovril & hot choc? My curiosity sensors are active. I've found that the grocery deliveries are appearing early. I've had one a whole hour early. Our Morrisons guys are good though. At first they were piling the crates up at the front door then standing back to tell us anything that was amiss. They'd leave the crates and pick up the empty batch from the previous delivery. Now that they have the brown paper carrier bags back, we get all our shopping in these bags. We give some back for recycling but mostly we keep them as they are really useful for many things. When I can get to a store I used them for fruit and veg.
Tuesday 2 June - bed 5.3 FBG was also 5.3 and I'm starting to feel off colour again. Sinuses are affecting me again. I'm not ill - ill, just not right if you get what I mean.
B. TAG and a slice of toasted LC bread with Philadelphia.
L. Nothing - taste has gone again!
D. Decided I had to try to cook something that had taste so I did the DD paprika chicken but added onion, mange tout, baby corn, peppers, green beans and cauliflower rice.

By evening I had the pressure feeling headache, blocked ears and back to Vic again! Guess what? That flaming parcel is still here so I bombarded them with direct messages on Twitter, Facebook and email and even tried phoning but that was a total waste of time.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wednesday 3 June - bed 4.9 FBG 4.3 so BGs are not matching the way I feel. Checked numerous times today and they've kept low. @shelley262 it must have been lovely to see your Mum again and catch up. @Annb - I agree that a youngster is the one to assist with tech. No 1 grandson is the goto - even for his Mum who has been known to call him when he was here to get verbal instructions on how to do things. Pressure headache has eased, sinuses are still driving me mad though.
B. TAG and 2 Dairylea triangles.
L. TAG and yet another Dairylea triangle.
D. 2 GF sausages, fried egg and veggie chips.

@Rachox - so sorry for your loss. I've lost so many loved ones myself in recent years but sudden loss is very heart rending. Do take care and ignore the BGs. It's not surprising they are all over the place.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 yes, a big mug of Bovril, with a scoop of collagen powder tipped in (for joint support), followed by a big mug of low carb hot choc, which is just hot water, 70% or more choc, and a dash of cream. Sometimes a little erythritol. Seems to set me up for around 6-8 hours.

I prefer proper bone broth rather than Bovril, but it is quite hard to supply a bone broth habit of 600ml a day. ;)

Yesterday
B; bovril and lc hot choc
L: prawn cocktail, homemade, which is basically a dollop of tomato sauce in the mayo, with a splash of worchester sauce and any seasonings that grab me.
D: Jambalaya

24 hrs of max knee rest seems to be helping. Crutches, and min movement (basically bed-bathroom-desk-bathroom-sofa-bathroom-bed) and pain reduced significantly. Now I just have to keep still til Monday. Have arranged the chiro appt for then, not Friday, to give the Rest a chance to take hold. Only problem is that every day spent on my backside like this is a) causing the dogs deep disappointment, and b) causing my leg muscles to atrophy. No concerned about back, core, arms and shoulders. The crutches are working those nicely! lol
Problem is that tendons and ligaments are notoriously slow to heal, and I have EVEN SLOWER, EVEN WEAKER tendons and ligaments, on account of the various endocrine nonsense I have going on. Yes, I am whingeing. I am afraid the view from the sofa is getting old, esp when the garden is calling me. I have a baby https://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/5794/i-Dicksonia-antarctica-i/Details arriving very soon. It is only 3 inches high at the mo, but I have big plans for it, in the next few decades (growth is expected to be a stonking 1.5 inches a year) so I want to give it a running start! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Last edited:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
G'morning!! Am I right in that there's no clapping tonight? Such a shame as it was lovely shouty chatting to the neighbours after.

@Brunneria Might the change in weather be affecting your joints - mine are complaining big-time at the moment.

@DCUKMod Are you working for Amazon???? In the last couple of days I've received EIGHT marketing emails from them featuring Instant Pots (various sizes) or IP recipe books. Each time I thought of you. :)

Breakfast: scrambled eggs and kimchi
Lunch: Actimel drink and a bit of cheese
Dinner: i need to use remaining fridge contents so aubergine, red onion, paneer, mangetout, orange capsicum pepper, few mushrooms - there's also a bag of spinach and some Turkish yoghurt and a third of a jar of butter beans ... I think it'll be a curry!!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
G'morning!! Am I right in that there's no clapping tonight? Such a shame as it was lovely shouty chatting to the neighbours after.

@Brunneria Might the change in weather be affecting your joints - mine are complaining big-time at the moment.

@DCUKMod Are you working for Amazon???? In the last couple of days I've received EIGHT marketing emails from them featuring Instant Pots (various sizes) or IP recipe books. Each time I thought of you. :)

Dinner: i need to use remaining fridge contents so aubergine, red onion, paneer, mangetout, orange capsicum pepper, few mushrooms - there's also a bag of spinach and some Turkish yoghurt and a third of a jar of butter beans ... I think it'll be a curry!!

Don't think so. This has been worsening for weeks, mainly due to me gardening enthusiastically during lockdown, and cartilage probs in knee causing me to walk differently. I do have arthritis, but that has improved tremendously over the last year, due to all the bone broth and collagen and stuff I knock back. Also sensible exercises and generally being kind to it. This current knee aggro stems from a displaced semi-lunar cartilage that seems to move about at will, which causes a compensatory gait. Also badly aggravated by dreadful exercise advice by Physio a few months ago, and a blow to the back of the knee from enthusiastic mutt No 3, => tendonitis (?) pes anserinus (?) => pain in knee.

Am hoping that chiro can be more helpful than that physio woman was, but past experience of chiropractors is that they are VERY WARY of going near any arthritic joints, so I may be on my own with this indefinitely.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Don't think so. This has been worsening for weeks, mainly due to me gardening enthusiastically during lockdown, and cartilage probs in knee causing me to walk differently. I do have arthritis, but that has improved tremendously over the last year, due to all the bone broth and collagen and stuff I knock back. Also sensible exercises and generally being kind to it. This current knee aggro stems from a displaced semi-lunar cartilage that seems to move about at will, which causes a compensatory gait. Also badly aggravated by dreadful exercise advice by Physio a few months ago, and a blow to the back of the knee from enthusiastic mutt No 3, => tendonitis (?) pes anserinus (?) => pain in knee.

Am hoping that chiro can be more helpful than that physio woman was, but past experience of chiropractors is that they are VERY WARY of going near any arthritic joints, so I may be on my own with this indefinitely.

I wonder if there's a veggie version of collagen? I think good chiropractors are worth the expense - a million years ago I slipped a disc - doctor sent me to physio who was reminiscent of a chocolate teapot but my (at the time) boss was getting restless about me starting my fourth week off work with it and paid for me to visit a chiropractor. I more or less crawled in there and walked out relatively normally.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Not me. Not Amazon, although we seem to be buying them at the moment, the number of parcels that seem to be arriving!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I am waiting for an overdue package from Amazon but I think there may be an issue - the e-mail I received from them gave the correct billing address but the actual address shown on the e-mail just had my first name and Western Isles - not even a postcode. I asked my son (our postman) to ask if the sorting office had had such a package, so he's going to ask today. But he says, if it came yesterday or before, it might already have been sent back! Not the end of the world but irritating.

Boiled some gammon yesterday evening and had some for breakfast - very tasty.
No lunch.

I ordered meat from the butcher, mainly so that I could take the car for a run and stop it seizing up. So I have quite a lot of pork - some belly and some shoulder because I want to make a pork terrine. They didn't have the pork liver I wanted to go with the rest (apparently they have to order that in from the mainland) so I took lamb's lever instead. Some sausages and a T-bone steak completed the order. For some reason I have never bought a T-bone steak before (I wonder if it could be the price £22 a kilo) but I decided, since everything else was cheap meat, I could manage it. It's quite thin, but very big! There will be plenty for 2 or 3 meals there. Not sure whether to have it for evening meal or just have some more of the gammon with salad.

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What have I eaten today? Black coffee and that's all. I'm 40 hours into a 36 hour fast, and I don't know when I'm going to break it as I feel pretty good. I have ordered pork rinds in various flavours, and it's due to arrive today so I'm pretty sure I'll break my fast if/when they arrive. Or if my wife makes bacon for the kids. Fasting is hard when the house smells like bacon.

Reactions: Goonergal and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Roggg well done on the fast very beneficial I’m sure but I now find it harder to do a long fast now I’m at normal weight. When started eating LC almost three years ago fasting was much easier but have lost more than four stones since then! Welcome to this thread - many intermittent fasters on here. Agree too about the bacon if OH cooks it when I’m fasting, even intermittently, I cave in!
Breakfast one slice bacon and another double yoker! So far four out of box of six eggs have been double yokers - will see if last two are in the am!
Dinner two lamb chops, a few onions and celeriac chips with glass of dry white followed by lc raspberry mousse with one strawberry and spoon of yoghurt.
Prepared rest of garden today laying weed suppressant fabric for my next delivery of 850kgs of gravel - my second batch but takes ages to arrive, however I’m crossing fingers it will arrive in the morning. It seems to have got to the delivery depot .......... I’m not sure will be quite enough to complete the job but should get bulk done. May have lunch tomorrow if does arrive it’s seriously hard physical work shifting it from front of property and into the garden where it needs to be.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.1 FBG 6.2 but that doesn't tell the whole story. BGs have been all over the place today. Didn't feel that brilliant. Checked and they'd shot up to 8.9 on only a coffee. I hour later they'd crashed to 5.1, then back to 8.2 then next time I checked 4.6. No idea what was going on. Legs are not as bad as yesterday but still having major sinus issues. I wish all the symptoms would just go away and stay away.
@Chook I remember you and I agreeing that male physios were good looking sadists! Must admit I'll be glad to get an appointment with mine again. I'm doing my exercises and stretches but it's no substitute for the gym/aqua and the sadistic physio stretches. @SlimLizzy - good looking meal that. @Brunneria - I thought you had the Bovril and the Hot Choc in tge same mug! Hence my puzzlement.
B. TAG.
L. With my BGs all over the place nursery food was called for. 2 boiled egg mashed with butter - both were double yolks.
D. Had to have the last 2 GF sausages from yesterday, remains of the halloumi wrapped in bacon, tomato - all air fried on the shelves, and a fried egg (another double yolk).

Hubby is driving me nuts wanting to get new garden furniture. Yes we need it but, as I pointed out, until such time as we can dismantle the existing broken table AND trust my car to make it to recycling AND be sure I'm not going to spend hours in a queue to get in ...I'm not interested. I like what he's set his mind on but I wish he'd just forget it for now.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Black coffee all morning and tea with almond milk all afternoon.
12:00ish had bacon eggs and a slice of Gouda.
Dinner a bit later than I’d like was smoked haddock and a sauce to fit in with everyone’s eating requirements made from sautéed pepper and courgette, and lactofree cream cheese mixed in then poured on top of fish and cheddar grated on top. It was v nice. Served with broccoli.
Pud was amazing - a dollop of the h/m Yoghurt with a dollop of h/m lemon curd stirred through and topped with strawberries.
I used Delias recipe for lemon curd in the end as it’s the one I’ve always used, and it panders to my lazy gene by using whole eggs.
Sorry to hear about your ups and downs with health and BGs @maglil55 I’m not surprised you’re fed up with it all.