Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, just walked the dog and did it in sunshine! It was lovely and I'm planning some gardening today until the rain comes in later (allegedly).

@SueJB, snap, that's what I woke on! I didn't know there were super badges as well as regular - if highly prized! - badges, please may I have one? Libre didn't think it was 4.2, told me it was 3.6 but no hypo symptoms which I'd defo have at that level. This sensor has been interesting - incredibly accurate when I'm within range, sometimes wildly off if I'm high or low (when I'd usually check with my meter anyway).

Have a good day all, good luck with sorting the hypos @MeiChanski and good luck Sue with the tofu.

KatyMarianne

What a nightmare! I likewise despair of some of the decisions made within the NHS, particularly when it comes to prescriptions. I remember years ago questioning why I was given prefilled Lantus pens when they were something like 10 times the cost of a permanent pen and vials which I'd have preferred anyway. My nurse didn't know that, changed my script and said she'd be looking at her other patients on prefilled (I know they're preferable for some people; I don't like the waste and don't need them). So how was this shift to incredibly expensive, waste plastic-producing kit allowed to happen? And then CCGs quibble over life-saving drugs and equipment. Go figure.

I wish you luck with your surgery, but I'm not holding my breath any more than I suspect you are....

I’m wondering whether diabetes UK still supply charities in third world countries with unwonted insulin and diabetes equipment? Or whether by contacting them you can instigate this? It resonates with me and will do with thousands of others I’m sure

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
As an afterthought, anyone can have a badge when you're happy with your BG so @hh1 there's one for you.
I only have an actual 5 badge that came from a birthday card, I wear it and it makes me smile
Gardening here too

Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good afternoon.

Awoke at 5.1 this morning according to the Watlaa. Meter says 4.9.
I normally say if they around or within the 0.6 of eachother, fair play. (Give or take the lag.)
Been about the 4th day that Xdrip has not needed calibration. Strangely, I had a buzz & a prompt from the watch yesterday asking to calibrate. No need.. Probably just some "H&S" thing in the firmware making sure the wearer isn't oblivious to a potential dodgy read out..

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello there, thank you everyone who reminded me of temp basal. I put it on for 4 hours during the busy part of my shift and it worked great. It stayed quite steady for that duration. I was 4.2 at 3am and 7.8 this morning, safely stayed there with temp basal.

Reactions: Jaylee
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Evening everyone, the school was closed today, but is re-opening tomorrow, so we will only have 2 children to take, but on different days. If there are more positive Covid cases, then there will be updates.
So, I have been putting together a flat pack unit, not great, a bit flimsy, tbh, but haven't finished it yet. I also put together two lovely small tables, love these:happy: so should sleep well tonight, fingers crossed, I've been a busy bee today.
Salmon and savoury rice for dinner tonight, one of daughters favourites :hungry:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, I'm up early as I have decorators in rather than doing it myself, and they arrive early! Until last year I did all the decorating; when I had my bathroom ripped out and redone, painting was part of the deal and the way they filled and finished was just brilliant. There are always issues in a house as old as this, and some more have arisen because of the furniture I've had installed in my spare room, so I decided to get someone to do it properly.

It's absolutely pouring with rain, but I got another special badge for a 4.3 today. Not sure why it's behaving so well at the moment, but I don't care, I'll take it! Hope everyone else has nice steady bgs and a good day. Still don't like being here before Karen!

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Morning everybody :)

Well I’m feeling really good today, first day back at work yesterday went well and of course because I missed out Monday it’s a short week wahoo!

BG hasn’t been so good recently as I keep hypoing, I need to see my nurse and talk insulin and exercise matters, although I have a desk job I also work from home and my BG is not liking cleaning the house and my walking dogs!

Hope everyone has a lovely day!! Just 4 weeks until Xmas... anyone else a bit crazy about it it like me or not so bothered like my mum (she hates it) lol

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone. Pouring with rain here also @hh1 Which has somewhat scuppered my plans to fill my garden waste bin, for its last collection of the year on Friday. Bloods behaving, so happy (says it quietly)
After much discussion we decided on our plans for Christmas. Join in with our neighbours and put up some outdoor and indoor window lights as it looks cheery and great around here. A present ordered on line for grandson. No presents for anyone else. And enjoyment of nice food and wine with husband. Cake and puds made (shall be giving lots away) Morrison’s order sorted. No tree (usually have a real one) sending no cards, no inside meet ups. Just a trip to a park for a walk and chat with son and family during Christmas week. He is on nights over Christmas anyway. Things have been bad again in our corner of the country and I don’t want to fall as we see the end game in sight. Hopefully we will be able to enjoy a fantastic summer party. It will be a wonderful hopefully carefree event.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone

I was 8.7 this morning, I was quite high when I went to bed because I was too hungry to wait for my insulin to work. So I went to bed on 16.6 and I didn’t want to stay up. It’s what I get for not waiting right? I ate everything in sight

Work was okay, I tested again without temp basal and as I expected, I did hypo. So I will try my best to remind myself to do temp basal before work. I initially did okay without temp basal for the first 5 months at work, but I guess diabetes plays up and decides to do something else.

I think rona has found it’s way to me again, my work place has accepted someone who has been near someone who tested positive for COVID-19 in hospital. First case and everyone is stressed out, :(

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
We are getting our outside decorations up. We have been having a lot of rain though so they have been turning off. They are hooked to an outside plug we had put in last year and it’s a required ground fault circuit interrupter. My husband is threatening to revert and run the cord back into the lanai plug which isn’t. (New circuit box panel inside at least) He is in the midst of trying to tape up each plug etc to try to stop every drop of water amidst many words being said. It’s best just completely to ignore him lol.

Reactions: hh1

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Nightmare 24 hours on tue with diabetes running very high. Just happened to be my birthday, sigh. Oh well there's always next year.Turned out to be the new bottle of insulin I was using, and problem resolved with one from a different batch.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Hopeful34
(Belated)
Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!

Reactions: Hopeful34

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, heavy frost here this morning, think it will have thawed by the time I meet a friend at a secure field where our dogs run together. That's a shame because when it thaws a lot of this field turns to liquid mud, and my dog comes home all brown instead of brown and white and needs completely washing down. It's disgusting but worth it as they're both still youngsters with recall issues, so to see them run free - and they both run like the wind, my friend's dog is half saluki - is great. If I had half my dog's energy I'd be fitter and thinner!

Hope you're all doing at least one thing you enjoy today and that bgs stay in range and steady.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nightmare 24 hours on tue with diabetes running very high. Just happened to be my birthday, sigh. Oh well there's always next year.Turned out to be the new bottle of insulin I was using, and problem resolved with one from a different batch.
belated birthday wishes hopeful34, hugs for the numbers x

Reactions: Hopeful34

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @Marie2 @karen8967 and @hh1 for the birthday wishes. Bg's a bit higher than I'd like today at around 8.5, but think that's probably down to stress, and corrections are working, unlike Tue. Going to go onto temporary basal increase to try to counteract it. Hope everyone else is ok.