What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Royal Mail does deliver Mail in the early hours.

Remember I was disturbed to get an early morning letter delivery awhile ago between midnight and 4 am, and you kind lot suggested it had been delivered into the wrong letterbox in day time, and the recipient had posted it into my letterbox in the early hours. It still seemed odd though.

Well, I have had several more midnight to 4 am early morning letter and packet deliveries through my letterbox since then.

And this morning was no exception. The letter on top startled me. A brown envelope from "On Her Majesty's Service", only, because it was early hours my brain read "On Her Majesty's Secret Service".

With gingerly trepidation I opened it. It is from the Office of National Statistics, and they are running a UK online study and they would like me to be a part of it. And I will be offered a £15 voucher for doing so....

There were other nice things in this post, plus one whopping bill (which I don't have the funds for... oops). Can I bury that bill in the garden?

Anyway I need to be out early this morning. Our kind Welsh First Minister has all but cancelled Christmas for Wales. Announced yesterday. And instead of going to the more severe Level 4 lockdown on 28 Dec, it now starts 6pm on Xmas Eve. With more severe restrictions added immediately after Xmas Day. I found out when I got some furious emails from friends who now have to restrict their Xmas Day plans when they had been initially promised they could have them, and lockdown was to start on 28th Dec.

It starts now at 6pm Xmas Eve when the shops have to shut, apparently this goes on to the end of January 2021.

How about just cancelling life? Just cancel existence.

So now I need to go out this morning early. Actually shops round have started opening very early now, even the card shop opens at 7 am (probably hoping to get some the Morrisons foot traffic, it is next door).

I had made my last Amazon order, but then realised a few small essential things (like I need a new mop head among other things, I have wooden floors to clean) to me that I would need, (but not in the Welsh Government's idea of essential stuff that got roped off in supermarkets last time).

Racking my brains now for these little non-essential essential items...

In the meantime, in this topsy turvy world, I offer Striding Edge as my daily painting...in Procreate....

Bye...off to fight the early morning hordes of shoppers for those empty shelves that probably happened yesterday afternoon after that announcement....

342B2516-DC36-4E7D-BD84-61F37201A29D.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Royal Mail does deliver Mail in the early hours.

Remember I was disturbed to get an early morning letter delivery awhile ago between midnight and 4 am, and you kind lot suggested it had been delivered into the wrong letterbox in day time, and the recipient had posted it into my letterbox in the early hours. It still seemed odd though.

Well, I have had several more midnight to 4 am early morning letter and packet deliveries through my letterbox since then.

And this morning was no exception. The letter on top startled me. A brown envelope from "On Her Majesty's Service", only, because it was early hours my brain read "On Her Majesty's Secret Service".

With gingerly trepidation I opened it. It is from the Office of National Statistics, and they are running a UK online study and they would like me to be a part of it. And I will be offered a £15 voucher for doing so....

There were other nice things in this post, plus one whopping bill (which I don't have the funds for... oops). Can I bury that bill in the garden?

Anyway I need to be out early this morning. Our kind Welsh First Minister has all but cancelled Christmas for Wales. Announced yesterday. And instead of going to the more severe Level 4 lockdown on 28 Dec, it now starts 6pm on Xmas Eve. With more severe restrictions added immediately after Xmas Day. I found out when I got some furious emails from friends who now have to restrict their Xmas Day plans when they had been initially promised they could have them, and lockdown was to start on 28th Dec.

It starts now at 6pm Xmas Eve when the shops have to shut, apparently this goes on to the end of January 2021.

How about just cancelling life? Just cancel existence.

So now I need to go out this morning early. Actually shops round have started opening very early now, even the card shop opens at 7 am (probably hoping to get some the Morrisons foot traffic, it is next door).

I had made my last Amazon order, but then realised a few small essential things (like I need a new mop head among other things, I have wooden floors to clean) to me that I would need, (but not in the Welsh Government's idea of essential stuff that got roped off in supermarkets last time).

Racking my brains now for these little non-essential essential items...

In the meantime, in this topsy turvy world, I offer Striding Edge as my daily painting...in Procreate....

Bye...off to fight the early morning hordes of shoppers for those empty shelves that probably happened yesterday afternoon after that announcement....

View attachment 46308

Hug for the new restrictions.
But a win for the picture.
Very nice

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 on libre and 5.4 on xdrip. Havent taken finger prick yet but should be about same as xdrip or a bit lower... This is phenomenal considering we had dinner at Pesto although I stuck to low carbs and ate mushrooms, veggies, olives and chicken but I also had a glass of wine (225 ml) and coffee liquor (brandy). I did however also eat Zucchini Frittas and they were coated with bit of flour and I am not sure what oil they used to fry the frittas.

I took the doggy for a small 1.5 mile walk once we were back but then I had one more coffee with extra serving of cream accompanied by the keto chocolate bar... by this time I was thinking the punishment of "hanged until dead" is same whether you commit one murder or hundred so why not...

but for now am happily surprised to see the good readings although I have the words of @DJC3 ringing in the back of my mind ... red wine dips numbers but sugar readings come back with a vengeance...so i am bracing myself while I start the fasting day today...

I share with you all - my new friends - the photo of the legendary red wine I drank after 10 years and the birthday note I wrote for my baby girl on her birthday... :) :)

Have a lovely day everyone.
20201216_192955.jpg
Screenshot_20201217-062535_Keep%20Notes.jpg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Back at work after a good while off/some temporary work....

Feels good :)

London tier 3 hasn't made much difference to street traffic

And a potential "moment" in local store suggests it probably won't overall.

(Think johnson's shot his bolt, & lost a lot of authority & belief, with his shambolic handling of this pandemic.)

In queue, young matey (20+) thinks sitting on my shoulder equals safe distance.

I mention it to the poor mite, who's unable to wear a mask...
(condition/mum forgot to put it on ?)
Suggests I'm a mug for worrying.

A rather disagreeable moment, but I get called forward so let it go, with a shake of the head and move on.

Twitter this morning and reading an interesting post on one GP using CGM and conducting food experiments on himself..interesting

Whole milk no issue
And more fats (cream) added to Meals
Lowered the impact of carbs

( had suspected, but nice to see some correlation)

A read, that led to an article about magnesium being useful for depression, mood etc

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5487054/#!po=31.6667

Very interesting, but do read all if contemplating
Does mention caution if renal issues present in you
(* Due diligence needed..placed here for information purposes only. I'm no doctor )

So hug to all..(especially YOU, AA :D)

Safe day all.

Love from a tier 3 zone.
* NB for Xmas clarity please see matt lucas

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this morning and all is well in my imaginary kingdom.

No idea what today will bring but I'm sure coffee is involved. Enjoy the day :)

To their surprise they found a pickled dead sea captain had been embalmed in alcohol inside. :)

Would that have been Captain Morgan?

dd.jpg

Reactions: mojo37

lindisfel

Expert
Quick trip to Lidl this am when its quiet then back home again and up comes the drawbridge.

Had a good chat with youngest daughter last night, unfortunately some people are going through a lot of pain and there is no way out.

Grandson who is 14 was off out with his dad to play table tennis, they allow him to play one game lasting an hour with a club member. His dad is extremely tired as a royal mail delivery guy walking 12.miles a day normally but Christmas is terribly overloaded, so he won't be playing Dylan and getting absolutely thrashed.
I tell Dylan not to be too hard playing his dad and he just grins.

We will be relieved when everybody is vaccinated and we all see our families again.

Have an an excellent day,

I think we are due another wet grass day so its mainly inside today..
D.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 for me today.

A Muddy Cycle Ride once light shows its face. Then more bike related activity as I have to assemble youngest granddaughters new bike, yes a Christmas Present lurking at ours as there is no room in santas sleigh.

Strive to make your day wonderful. Keep safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning each. Today I/we remember Englantyne Jebb who did a very good thing and I remember Harry Kane and Steven Bergwijn who certainly didn't. Congratulations to @jjraak on the job and spotting that article/piece of info. @Alien Aspie Cap'n Morgan Spiced does taste as though it has a pickled sea Cap'n in it - or what I imagine that may taste like. Swipey came over all 4.3 @4.11 and climbed inexorably to 5.2 by 2 hrs later. Very meh even if true but Johnson AB DeP would spin that as world beating - he even starts to look like Worzel Gummidge as well, dontcha think? I must have missed lots of hugs and winners but I'm sure you've all done very well. 2 Granddaughters, 2 pups, way more than 2 800 ml mugs of Assam and O Sapientia - a good day in prospect. Joined The Close Whatsapp group - what's wrong with tin can and string or torch messages from bedroom windows? Laters, Dudes and Dudettes.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Maryport on the coast was going to start vaccinating the elderly yesterday.
Apparently the surgery order cannot be supplied and is delayed because the supply has dried up and it is not in the country.
D.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In the meantime, in this topsy turvy world, I offer Striding Edge as my daily painting...in Procreate.
Nice light.

Hugs for Welsh Covid confusion.

This weekend, my son a Farrier needs to shoe some horses near Aberystwyth, goes every 4 weeks and was allowed all through lockdown for animal welfare. With new rules and Tiers he rang the Police in Welshpool and asked what paperwork he can carry in case he is stopped by police when travelling. Police didn't know and could not even tell him if he would be allowed to continue if stopped as it is left to the discretion of the police officer who stops him, so basically if the officer likes your face, and likes horses OK if not you are turning around. Strange laws, rules in these Covid times.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Passing through - going Swipey-free until Sunday so that my OCD can be indulged with starting the new sensor on Monday - so putting it on Sunday.

Had a two-hour chat with one of my oldest work mates and was telling her of my one-task a day focus and she gently pointed out I do at least 5 things. I get out of bed, I work out, I feed myself, I do one or two objectives a day... it made me feel a lot better. You really do learn who your friends are when the chips are down.

Apparently according to depressed friend, I have now ruined her Christmas (the one where she decided she didn't want to participate and wasn't going to go up to where her folks live for 'enforced jolity'...) ... how? By planning my Christmas around seeing my own family. I should have realised that her cancelling her plans meant that I needed to be on hand to meet up locally instead of gadding about in Gavin the Mini to Norf Lundun to see the fam. I personally didn't realise how selfish this was.
I might have to repent with puff pastry mince pies or something.

In all seriousness, I gently but firmly pointed out that I totally understood her position that SHE didn't want to face a long journey on the train and to be at her folks, but that it was a little unfair to expect others (she pulled this same rationale on her best friend as well) to cancel their plans on the off chance she might fancy a walk on Christmas Afternoon or Boxing Day.

Anyway... We'll see if either of us are forgiven. Right now I feel she is lucky that we both take it in turns to check in with her every two weeks given the lashings out we have endured... she refuses to ask her BEST FRIEND how her father (who is frail and has suspected bowel cancer) is and was cross that she was going to spend Christmas with her family, and then with her partner's son. My crime is two-fold. Spending time with the only family I have left after both my parents passed away, and the shocking sin of them being in North London, so means a full Christmas Day away, and Boxing Day, probably hosting my cousin and her daughter and we will most likely go for a long walk in Richmond Park together.

I am really at a loss as to how to reach out to her anymore. I know I have to. Any suggestions at this point would be most welcome.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Passing through - going Swipey-free until Sunday so that my OCD can be indulged with starting the new sensor on Monday - so putting it on Sunday.

Had a two-hour chat with one of my oldest work mates and was telling her of my one-task a day focus and she gently pointed out I do at least 5 things. I get out of bed, I work out, I feed myself, I do one or two objectives a day... it made me feel a lot better. You really do learn who your friends are when the chips are down.

Apparently according to depressed friend, I have now ruined her Christmas (the one where she decided she didn't want to participate and wasn't going to go up to where her folks live for 'enforced jolity'...) ... how? By planning my Christmas around seeing my own family. I should have realised that her cancelling her plans meant that I needed to be on hand to meet up locally instead of gadding about in Gavin the Mini to Norf Lundun to see the fam. I personally didn't realise how selfish this was.
I might have to repent with puff pastry mince pies or something.

In all seriousness, I gently but firmly pointed out that I totally understood her position that SHE didn't want to face a long journey on the train and to be at her folks, but that it was a little unfair to expect others (she pulled this same rationale on her best friend as well) to cancel their plans on the off chance she might fancy a walk on Christmas Afternoon or Boxing Day.

Anyway... We'll see if either of us are forgiven. Right now I feel she is lucky that we both take it in turns to check in with her every two weeks given the lashings out we have endured... she refuses to ask her BEST FRIEND how her father (who is frail and has suspected bowel cancer) is and was cross that she was going to spend Christmas with her family, and then with her partner's son. My crime is two-fold. Spending time with the only family I have left after both my parents passed away, and the shocking sin of them being in North London, so means a full Christmas Day away, and Boxing Day, probably hosting my cousin and her daughter and we will most likely go for a long walk in Richmond Park together.

I am really at a loss as to how to reach out to her anymore. I know I have to. Any suggestions at this point would be most welcome.
Wow. Your depressed friend certainly does seem needy but then I guess that is very much par for the course. Mice pies? If leaving the reservation at least go somewhere with an exotic sounding name like Pannetone. I book a ticket for there every year, mince pies are so passe- even Heston's wiv pine scent or whatevs. Julie has a friend who suffers badly with depression. Long phone talks and some stay overs. Only practical advice I have is listen but don't try to offer solutions. Good to see you here. Take care.Mince pies?:arghh:
Edit: Mince pies, obs

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and just for shear devilment a special set of man hugs to all whether required or not.

A late night cheese fueled 6.7 on the meter of whatever this morning.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers and whiskey or whisky tasters I hope you are able to plan and put into effect your plans before we are all confined to barracks over the rapidly approaching pagan / Christian / Christmas festival.

Mrs J and me and me's had a looooonnnnnng discussion yesterday morning over SPROUTS, more to the point Mrs J spoke at length some of which I might have listened to, but I can't be sure, it appears SPROUTS will be on the menu, but thankfully will not appear on my plate.

Must go now, koffy is required and Christmas ornaments to rearrange.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You guys imbibing strong waters and former talk of travellers, reminds me of the coastal community who found a barrel of rum washed up on the beach.

It gave the men folk an enjoyable few days of warm insides and good crack, (as they say up here) until it was finished.

Someone decided the barrel would further warm his family if he chopped it up for fire wood!
To their surprise they found a pickled dead sea captain had been embalmed in alcohol inside. :)
Wonder if it tasted of mezcal?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and just for shear devilment a special set of man hugs to all whether required or not.

A late night cheese fueled 6.7 on the meter of whatever this morning.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers and whiskey or whisky tasters I hope you are able to plan and put into effect your plans before we are all confined to barracks over the rapidly approaching pagan / Christian / Christmas festival.

Mrs J and me and me's had a looooonnnnnng discussion yesterday morning over SPROUTS, more to the point Mrs J spoke at length some of which I might have listened to, but I can't be sure, it appears SPROUTS will be on the menu, but thankfully will not appear on my plate.

Must go now, koffy is required and Christmas ornaments to rearrange.
Sprouts on the plate is not an issue. Sprouts making their exit in gaseous form hours later are the issue - especially when teamed with garlic. 90.9 YO MIL will be here for a few days over Christmas. Old lady, sprouts - lethal mixture.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow. Your depressed friend certainly does seem needy but then I guess that is very much par for the course. Mice pies? If leaving the reservation at least go somewhere with an exotic sounding name like Pannetone. I book a ticket for there every year, mince pies are so passe- even Heston's wiv pine scent or whatevs. Julie has a friend who suffers badly with depression. Long phone talks and some stay overs. Only practical advice I have is listen but don't try to offer solutions. Good to see you here. Take care.Mince pies?:arghh:
You would never think I write for a living!

Yeah re: not offering solutions and I know that her mate is a 'solution' kinda gal, which drives depressed friend nuts! I tend to go for the "reach out when you feel ready to talk" approach... but yeah... she usually comes round with a grudging sort of 'sorry for ranting' but this was next level 'how DARE you spend time with your family when I don't want to see mine'... It is hard though ... she will absolutely not compromise. It is either eat and drink outside or nothing at all. I HATE eating and drinking outside in the summer, much less in the middle of winter or driving rain as we have had around these parts for the last couple of days.

All I can do is message again in a couple of weeks - all the while having to deal with my own demons of despair of 'will I ever work again' so... I think I'm going to keep my head down. The Lawn Tennis Assoc asked me at short notice to cover a tournament running from Sunday for 4 days. It isn't much money but it is at least something to add to the summer writing pot to ration out monthly while I try and find another job. Not that she knows anything of my own recent issues because she is not in a place to hear anything else. So... yeah.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from quite a smart, bright morning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of butchers best bangers and celeriac mash with a thick onion gravy (should have paid more attention in school) came in at 5.2 this am - I blame the sautéed cabbage. So nice though of our local butcher to do bangers containing only meat and a few herbs - he calls them glutton free - I call them carb free.

@gennepher - hugs for the Wales impositions and midnight posty - smashing striding edge rendition from you - great use of light - wear correct footwear and don’t slip.

@jjraak - tier 3 back at ye and congrats on for being on the job. Thanks for the heads up on magnesium.

@lindisfel - I love Lidl. We used to call it “shopping surprise” in the 80’s - not quite knowing what you had bought until you got it home and opened it.

@RFSMarch - walking the tightrope of depressed friend - very tricky - no net and no amount of pirouetting will get you applause. Just listening - difficult for you - best for her. Don’t take the angry outpourings personally - shields up and think about how crunchy those puff pastry mince pies are. You already know that you can’t fix her and not to offer advice. Pretty sure that as she yo-yo’s up from the depths, she values you being there. Take care of yourself - your own energy is important. Congrats on being asked to cover the tournament.

Painting today - a few waterbirds from the park, joining up some of the splodges on my backing paper where I wipe and dry my brushes. Hope everyone has as good a Thursday as you can - if not, pretend it’s a better one. Koffy on - again.

upload_2020-12-17_9-45-14.jpeg