What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not sure right place for this.

But...

Looking back at my visits to hospital recently.
(New app PATIENTSKNOWBEST. The best so far..links to ALL Hospital admission letters and test..wonderful stuff )

I checked my older blood scores, gives a lot of detail, graphs, ranges, explainers, etc.

Maybe I've mentioned but I found a lack of B12 is common among T2D, and it can have serious impacts.
It's part of the issue with neuropathy.
Which is a major complication diabetics should look out for.

To avoid it I got my levels checked.

Not usually included in blood panel, but it stipulates on Metformin leaflet it can affect us, so why it's not, god knows

Mine was low, so I supplement

However looking at chart I can only see the one entry for B12 testing, which is all I've had,

BUT it seems a lack of it, can be indicated by...MCV ( Mean Corpuscular Volume,) which IS measured each time

Which for me showed a steady rise from DX, when I started regular blood work AND taking Metformin.

Certainly not conclusive, and maybe I had other issues going on, but in the spirit of sharing knowledge, here is my screenshots.

So for those more curious about what the numbers all mean
It might be worth googling and then checking yours and requesting a B12 check to be added at least once in a while..

Screenshot_2021-03-26-08-46-54-151_com.android.chrome~01~01.jpg

Screenshot_2021-03-26-08-43-39-644_com.android.chrome~01~01.jpg

Screenshot_2021-03-26-08-19-38-294_com.android.chrome~01~01.jpg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Sorry Ladies and Gentlemen, running short on time again here in Tilehurst Towers.

This morning 2 readings different fingers time interval 1 minute 7.8 then 7.4, I must say I expecting a lower reading, but these readings are well within my hospital set limits.
The way the body works is a mystery and defies simple logic.

It's going to take hours to catch up on all your posts and pictures and paintings.

Have a good day all.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to Saturday. Sun and wind here - meh but a promised 22C next week - yee haw. Swipey delivered a Justin this morning - 4.9. Great pics @BRSBRI - you and Wan must be cockahoop after the rugby. @jjraak great progress and determination. @Muddy Cyclist your run of higher than desired fbgs is just one of those things low carb has limited efficacy IMHO. Cashews? I like those - only nuts I will eat but the carbs scare me. Will I need a microscope to track down 20 gms? A chune to blast out full power IMHO. Enjoy your day and Nike said it right - JFDI.
BRILLIANT song choice
Playing in background as I type

And SO agree .. JFDI...:D

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
So thats almost used up by the 6 figure evening meal you took them to. :)

Joking apart, well done your company should be really chuffed with your success.

Good news on getting a comfortable return trip organised.
7 of us, 10 course tasting dinner, wine etc - Michelin stars, I think it was good value given what they signed...

Now been told end 2nd week of April, I need to be in San Francisco...MrsBRS will go mental...and I need to get used to big Boeings/Airbuses again. Darn!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So true for me yesterday - so interview went well I think - he said if I had any other questions just to e-mail him and asked if I had any holidays booked (I wish) also replied great answers to a couple of questions - so sounds like he was interested maybe? he said it would probably be end of next week before he got back to me - so sounds like he has a lot more to interview - so I won't hold my breath ...
sounds promising fingers crossed x

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Final photo as I don't want to bore rigid.

Great weekend all! View attachment 48374
Thank god for that

Just what I needed

Some Teuchter, swanning about and posting wonderful pics of exotic foreign places

.....While I'm stuck at home. :arghh::arghh::arghh:

;)

I'm wiv the others.

Stop posting pics, & you risk being excommunicated..

Don't say you weren't warned. :D

Edit:.SO Looking forward to San Francisco..:headphone:

Last edited:
Reactions: BRSBRI

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Will I be exercising my freedom @dunelm ?
Not today.
Why?
Because when I went out yesterday to do food shopping and stuff, the roads round here were at gridlock, And it took me ages to get home from local shopping. So it was looking like people were starting a day early. I have absolutely no desire to sit in a traffic queue coughing and choking with the exhaust fumes...

Next week.....early....

I never go out on a weekend here. Always too much traffic.

A great dramatic sketch, and great scale provided by the pagodas.

Looks like you have a busy day worked out for you. I still have to check if any wind damage from the the wild wind rave last night...
Thank you @gennepher for your art comments. Sounds like not going out is a good decision. Already made bread, turmeric tea, some dashi for drop egg soup later on and a bit of painting.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So true for me yesterday - so interview went well I think - he said if I had any other questions just to e-mail him and asked if I had any holidays booked (I wish) also replied great answers to a couple of questions - so sounds like he was interested maybe? he said it would probably be end of next week before he got back to me - so sounds like he has a lot more to interview - so I won't hold my breath ...
Good luck it works out for you @Mrs T 123

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
The Toyota Tank - appropriately enough a Toyota Highlander!

Wan aka Hamish took me out to see sunset...as the night fishermen were heading out; then enroute some snaps to where the 2 of us will have dinner before a drive back to the city...

He's been so great - he is over the moon with the new iPhone I just gave him (and a wee thing for his Missus)...least I could do.

He's given me a ton of info for you @gennepher...I'll work on digitising it

Have a great Saturday one and all...

And for those celebrating tonight, including my lovely MrsBRS - Happy Passover - chag Pesach samech ( I don't, but she's tolerated my agnosticism with aplomb for oh so many years)
ToyotaTank.jpg
brt.jpg
guip.jpg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.00 am FBG 5.4
Happy with that, celebration meal last night included chocolate soufflé puds with generous amount of cream.

Reactions: karen8967

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Great photos - what’s in the food box?
It was billed as chicken but turned out to be beef, steamed rice, spicy gravy, mushrooms, fried prawns and some sort of crabby thing. I stabbed myself 2¼ hours after it and al lwas okay at 5.4...which was a boon

Reactions: gennepher

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Thank god for that

Just what I needed

Some Teuchter, swanning about and posting wonderful pics of exotic foreign places

.....While I'm stuck at home. :arghh::arghh::arghh:

;)

I'm wiv the others.

Stop posting pics, & you risk being excommunicated..

Don't say you weren't warned. :D

Edit:.SO Looking forward to San Francisco..:headphone:
Aye - a big Taiwanese trying to speak English and a wee Scotsman also trying to speak English...in the words of ma missus - a right recipe for a matzo pudding!