What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maglil55 and @Mrs T 123
This is what they look like:

725E0F66-325E-40CD-A583-6129D8D3AC6E.jpeg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Food today:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and Carb Killa bar.
Dinner Chinese take away: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF strawberry jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch today was ham, a h/ b egg, sauerkraut and rocket salad followed by DGF butterscotch pecan blondie.
Dinner was a DD recipe chicken caprese ( chicken breast topped with mozzarella, tomato and basil) with roast veg. 2 glasses red. Chia pud to follow.
@shelley262 those loaves look amazing and such lovely thin even slices - mine always go crooked.
@Antje77 I enjoyed the guinea pig fact. We went on holiday with my granddaughters this year, 3 out of their 4 Gps have brown patches and we only had 1 rainy day!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Reactions: DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I really don't understand how I ever became a moderator with my tendency to derail!
It's so easily done, I have been a section moderator on a technical forum and I could send the train off the rails as well.

I know I sail close to the wind here at times, but as long as I can mention something about the thread content I think I bring it back on the line. Such as this for an example.

I have just tasted a chocolate biscuit while cooking breakfast and they are very moorish.

Reactions: DJC3

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ps, if any spots the M&S crackers anywhere in the South East, can they please post where?
I'm down to my last packet.
They do seem on short dates but I'm already a month over on the packet opened today and it seems fine
I don't know if this is still relevant but I got a couple of packs in the Dartford store on Friday afternoon

Reactions: DJC3 and MrsA2

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely sunny day today and managed to get out into garden it’s garden bin tomorrow and as we pay for it I like it to be full!
So lots of trimming back done
Breakfast coffee
Lunch three eggs scrambled with butter and one slice of Lc bread followed by a few of my last raspberries with yoghurt
Mid pm - oh dear spotted lindt 90% still on offer online so somehow it ended up in my trolley and delivery - bought 2 bars - had two squares.
Dinner steak cauliflower cheese and mushrooms with big glass of red wine followed by DGF lemon and blueberry and a solitary strawberry found growing in garden. Berries will be missed but will move onto my frozen supplies!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know if this is still relevant but I got a couple of packs in the Dartford store on Friday afternoon
That might just be the excuse I need for a trip to Bluewater. Soem clothes may fall into my basket too, oops! ;)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with frozen berries and seeds before early flu jab
Gardening
L: leftover pork mince in egg wraps with cheese
Mid afternoon lc coffee cake, tried a 2/3 mix in a 7" square tin. Made nice small squares but still ate 4 of them!
D: roast chicken, roast swede, leeks and broccoli. 3 spoonfuls of a non lc coffee dessert, was terribly synthetic tasting. When will I learn not to bother in the first place?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought I'd already posted today, but can't see it anywhere (hasn't been removed for some offense, has it?) Anyway,
Breakfast: bacon and egg - Neil couldn't get streaky bacon this week so it was "bacon medallions" ie no fat at all.
2nd meal: cod, out of the freezer with sauce made of some milk (cooked the cod in it first), cream and cheese. I'm not fond of cod, but with the sauce, it was allright. A few frozen skinny chips to go with it. Didn't enjoy the chips. There's another portion of the fish in sauce left over.

More medical complications: my brother has to have more surgery to put some kind of a sleeve over his aorta, which has expanded to a concerning size. The surgery is not available to him on the NHS and to have it done privately will cost him £20,000. He's not making any decisions until he hears if he is free from cancer - in the next few weeks. If he is, he will pay up and get it done asap. If the cancer is still there, he'll save his money and leave it to his wife. Just as well I don't have to pay up such sums. I'd just have to leave it to fate.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two egg omelette, two slices of middle bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes for breakfast.
Two slices of low carb toast and vegimite, cordial mix for smoko.
Prawns and a spicy mixed salad with some native leafy herb stuff chopped up in it for lunch.
Pea and ham soup (tin), two slices of low carb bread for supper at six.

A piece of useless trivia from my Google calendar app, it's Norfolk Island Agricultural Show Day a nice public holiday to make a long weekend there.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and phd Smart bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and SF jelly with cream and LC granola.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slices slc bread toasted, buttered and filled with turkey cold meat. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - large mushroom & onion omlette. 2 squares lindtt 90% dark chocolate. Mug of earl grey tea

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just the remaining bacon medallions for breakfast - eggs running low, so I couldn't use one the the last few.

Had lunch a short time ago - the second cod fillet in cheese sauce from yesterday.

Probably will need something else later - still have some berries and some yoghurt, so I guess it will be that.

I phoned our doctors' surgery this morning. The normal procedure these days is the patient asks for a consultation, a doctor calls back and then tells you to come in, if they think it necessary. Today, about 10 minutes later, the receptionist phoned back and said that the doctor had asked me to go in this afternoon at 4. Breathtakingly fast reaction there. Maybe there's something about the words "lump in a breast" which makes them swing into action.

One problem is that I know that the doctor will refer me for a biopsy, just to be safe - to get that done, we have to go to Inverness. That will probably mean No 2 son getting his day off changed to suit - Neil refuses to have photographic identity, so he can't fly with me, DIL is not fit and in any case, is busy with the laundry. So it has to be No 2 son. I can get assistance at the airport, but once on the ground, I'm on my own, so have to have someone with me to push me around.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely sunny day again
Breakfast coffee with my usual lactofree milk
Lunch three eggs scrambled in butter with one slice of lc hm bread followed by berries and yoghurt - frozen berries so cooked them down earlier and popped in fridge to use the purée with yoghurt over next few days
Mid pm one square of lindt 90%
Dinner Cajun chicken with salads and glass of soda water followed by DGF brownie

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast
Exercise class followed by coffee with friends
L: 4 M&S seeds crackers with 40g pate and half an avocado, 3 cherry tomatoes, handful marmite almonds, then a piece of lc coffee cake that didn't get put in the freezer yesterday.
Mid afternoon too many licks of fingers and spoons while trying to create something edible from the scrapings of the peanut butter and almond butter jars.
D: chicken fricassee (very posh word for yesterday's roast left over reheated in Campbell chicken soup. Carbs not too bad as used half a tin between 3 of us, but didn't like the ingredients list, yet this has been a family favourite since the 1960s at least :()

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mid morning a cheese and spinach omelette with bacon.
Dinner started with pudding while I was waiting for it to cook - DGF Notella blondie then chilli and cheese with salad. Handful of Montezuma’s absolute black buttons afterwards.
@MrsA2 we had a very similar old family favourite recipe to your chicken. Ours contained a tin of sweet corn as well and was topped with cheese snd breadcrumbs. I’d forgotten all about it. Not sure I’d like it now.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: coffee shop coconut cappuccino and a Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: liver and bacon with Brussels sprouts, brocolli and a couple of baby carrots followed by SF cherry jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages, eggs and tomato, couple of slices of low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
High protein greek yoghurt, cordial etc. for smoko.
Red Rooster roast chicken and veggies, gravy for lunch.
Toasted leftover chicken sandwiches for supper at six.

The salty liquorice got a bit of a nudge last night watching a movie, my partner has got the taste for it now.