What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tempting as it is to offload the blame for my 6.3 onto the COVID booster I know that isn't the right way to go. Elsie should work better than that. Tempus fugit and like Bill Nic, Harry and Poch whatever glory days you gave it is all about results. Me and Elsie are in deep trouble and she should go really - upgrade needed urgently.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Tempting as it is to offload the blame for my 6.3 onto the COVID booster I know that isn't the right way to go. Elsie should work better than that. Tempus fugit and like Bill Nic, Harry and Poch whatever glory days you gave it is all about results. Me and Elsie are in deep trouble and she should go really - upgrade needed urgently.
A number almost unheard of for you Ian lets hope it was a one off fluke not to be repeated.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Stupid question but who’s Elsie?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All well…put a Libre on in advance of flu jab yesterday..meter said 5.7 this morning..fed the cats, made tea, remembered Libre…7.3. Clueless.
@ianpspurs you made me blush :rolleyes: hope its just the booster jab giving you that shocker! Don’t let Elsie think its all about her! @garyclark82 keep going nothing stays the same for long, in my experience.

Reactions: ziggy_w and mojo37

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So its a 5.3 this morning, Have a good day folks. Got my diabetic feet and eye screening this afternoon. Everything seems in good order so I am not too concerned. Hope that it is confirmed in due course.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So its a 5.3 this morning, Have a good day folks. Got my diabetic feet and eye screening this afternoon. Everything seems in good order so I am not too concerned. Hope that it is confirmed in due course.
Best wishes. Now you've started me singing head and shoulders (wiv actions) - 2 granddaughters think I'm even more Tonto - you're a bad, bad person:angelic:

WMF

Hi there. I just joined diabetes.co.uk.

This is an interesting thread. My fasting blood glucose this morning 6.7 mmol.l.

I have not been diagnosed with diabetes but am concerned about my blood sugar. Ever since having glucose in urinalysis at the drs. I got a blood glucose monitor and periodically check it. Normal HbA1c so dr wasn’t bothered.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

This is an interesting thread. My fasting blood glucose this morning 6.7 mmol.l.

I have not been diagnosed with diabetes but am concerned about my blood sugar. Ever since having glucose in urinalysis at the drs. I got a blood glucose monitor and periodically check it. Normal HbA1c so dr wasn’t bothered.
Welcome @WMF

Reactions: WMF

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Best wishes. Now you've started me singing head and shoulders (wiv actions) - 2 granddaughters think I'm even more Tonto - you're a bad, bad person:angelic:
I won't be doing anything strenuous certainly not singing head and shoulders this afternoon....Just got back after a 2hr walk, knees are numb - getting old and creaky I guess.

Shall I let you into a little secret, my first test this morning was actually 4.9 but the thought of me singing....I couldn't put people through that.

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.9 today.
Didn’t go over 10 at all yesterday so mildly disappointing but it’s very early days.
Keep going you will get there ...just to see numbers in single figures will give you a boast maybe tomorrow .

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi and welcome. We don't mind "normal", that's what we are all aiming for. Mind you, you may find some of us are more normal than others

Reactions: WMF

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I won't be doing anything strenuous certainly not singing head and shoulders this afternoon....Just got back after a 2hr walk, knees are numb - getting old and creaky I guess.

Shall I let you into a little secret, my first test this morning was actually 4.9 but the thought of me singing....I couldn't put people through that.
Some voice if'n y'all think I can hear you from the Frozen Norf down here in Forest Heath, especially over the noise of Mr Biden's mahossive tanker planes.