What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
(Had a rather messy meal so no picture today because it tasted much better than it looked)

I keep the bad presentation for my food to myself:D

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Antje77. They are made similar to fathead dough.
300g mozzarella
150g almond flour or ground almonds slightly cheaper that the flour
Heaped tea spoon baking powder
Tea spoon cream cheese
Half tea spoon Italian seasoning
Half tea spoon garlic powder
Half tea spoon chia seeds (optional)
Half tea spoon chilli flakes
3 x medium eggs. 2 for dough. 1 for egg wash
Preheat oven to 180c

Add all dry ingredients together
Melt mozzarella in microwave add cream cheese. Pour the dry ingredients in mix and add eggs. Add some flour to you counter top and knead ingredients, you may need to add a little more flour as mix can be a little wet. I cut into four pieces.

Take each piece and flatten out either circular or rectangular to around quarter inch thick and add whatever your favourite pizza toppings are along with pizza sauce and mozzarella on half and fold over the other half. Use a fork to flatten the edges and paste on some of the beaten egg. I load them with loads of different meats and plenty of mozzarella. 15-20 mins in the oven till dark golden.and enjoy.

keto pizza :happy:

thanks

Reactions: Antje77

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A bit behind again. Been busy with teaching duties with No 2 grandson and eldest got his second stripe at jujitsu in a matter of weeks. He's also discovered he likes rugby!

Tuesday 3 May bed 7.9 FBG 7

B. TAG and 4 M&S crispy cheese crackers with whipped cheese.

L Nothing

D. Cajun chicken flatties with spinach, mushrooms, bistro tomatoes and walnuts.
Strawberries/raspberries and clotted cream.

Wednesday 4 May bed 7.7 FBG 7

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo.

L. Nothing

D. Sizzle steak and another mix of spinach, santini tomatoes, mushrooms and walnuts.
1 HC gin truffle.
20220503_184215.jpg
20220504_183918.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday 5 May bed 7.7 FBG 7.9

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and whipped cheese.

L. Nothing

D. After jujitsu - M&S black pudding, 4 slices streaky bacon, santini tomatoes and 2 fried eggs.
1 HC gin truffle (these things are addictive!)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three slices middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, tomatoes, two slices of toast and ginger marmalade for breakfast.
No smoko, or cordial today as I have started to put the osmolax into my bottles of water, two scoops into a 600 ml bottle,
Rib steak and veggies, gravy for lunch.
Mashed up leftover vegies with a plash of kimchi mixed in toasted sandwiches for supper at six.

No snacks watching Prime, just a glass of single malt whisky.

Ginger marmalade is one of my greatest temptations, but I like all ginger come to that. Best place to visit on the Sunshine Coast is the Ginger Factory at Yandina if you are ever in Australia.

Happy mothers day to Australian mums.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/249361/buderim-ginger-marmalade
https://www.gingerfactory.com.au/shop/

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All been missing a few days mainly due to persistent tummy problems so been eating little and randomly. Hoping to speak to GP on Tues and hopefully get referred on. Friday morning had 1 biscuit with my mug of tea just to take my tablets with. Lunch was a slice of buttered LivLife toast, more tea. Supper was a LoDough pizza with small amounts goats cheese, halved cherry toms and olives. Yesterday for brekkie had small slice of ordinary white toast with my tea. Lunch was mug of chicken soup followed by yogurt. Supper was Mr PMs request of Indian t/a so had a popadom and a cauli bhajee, soft and not too spiced. No idea what today’s offerings will be other than chicken in the evening. The trouble is with my tummy issues the food that suits best is white toast so might have to give in on that till I feel better.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
No appetite BG readings have remained in the 6.8 -6.00 all day

Reactions: Yaya10_10

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7A70A80E-02BB-4B4E-A1CD-6B28DD2B3864.jpeg
9DD76908-8338-416B-BF23-FA125E400665.jpeg
34C3D9F4-B22F-48D4-B2D7-4524D5FEB4DA.jpeg

Photos include a regular item my hm yoghurt plus a chocolate that is new to me!
Out first thing so started with lunch
Lunch small salad with some kimchi and leftover cooked chicken thigh followed by my usual yoghurt with small amount of fruit - although technically rhubarb is, I believe a vegetable. Have my hm yoghurts daily but never shared a pic and hopefully shows just how thick and creamy they turn out - no straining needed to thicken! I can almost slice it - abit like clotted cream. Also tried two squares-8g - of a new to me chocolate it’s only 7g carb per 100g so very few about ?0.56?per the two squares? I think the chocolate may be an acquired taste I love their almond and their orange and peppermint oil ones but this is distinctly salty and,well , Hempy! I’ve got the feeling though that I may develop a liking - meanwhile I found it easier to restrict today to two squares!!
Dinner steak with local asparagus, mushrooms in butter and cauliflower mash with glass of dry red wine followed by lc blondie.
Edit to add @Antje77 just want to wish you happy sailing and hope it goes really well

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday 6 May - bed & FBG 6.7 - After school run Hubby &I were out straight away to get a new Garden Storage box after ours was destroyed by the storms. Ended up buying 2! Goodness know what will go in them as we dumped a lot when the previous one was destroyed.

B. TAG and 3 M&S crispy cheese crackers with pate.

L. Nothing

D. A bit of a mish mash thanks to M&S getting their summer range in. An assortment of scallops, squid in lemon/chilli/coriander, tiger prawns, spinach, exotic mushrooms and santini tomatoes. I hadn't really fancied anything but this was really nice.

The latest HC gin truffle.
20220506_190657.jpg

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday bed 7 3 FBG 7 2 Although there was no jujitsu today I was still out and about. I did my shopping yesterday but son wanted to go shopping plus Hubby wanted a lift to the football and back again!

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with mortadella and coleslaw.

L. A HC chocolat gin truffle

D. Cold cuts - spiced ham, roast beef, chicken, pork, mortadella, ox tongue, German sausage, deli coleslaw, port salute cheese, santini tomatoes. Coconut milk.

A HC Hazelnut praline.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Think I forgot to post yesterday, after a bit of a traumatic day, I stumbled on the stairs and broke and dislocated my big toe, ouchie :wideyed: Joint pulled back with laughing gas, unfortunately I wasn’t laughing, and I now have a boot and a crutch to let the fracture heal.
Daughter and her boyfriend have been visiting and took over the cooking which was great.
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a Food Dr bar.
Late Lunch: roast chicken, Brussels and brocolli, one small roast potato and a splash of gravy
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with seeds and berries
Usual Sunday walk with a friend
Nibbled some cheese and ham while cooking lunch and gardening
L: belly pork with broccoli and carrots. 1 small scoop ice cream
More gardening, lots more gardening
D: cheese and ham salad, 1 lc chocolate brownie with ff greek yog.
Fresh mint tea as have found where hubby threw away last years mint plant and it came through the winter after all. Plant now rescued and repotted. He has been earmarked for re-training...again!

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
10.00 breakfast, 3x bacon, scrambled eggs with diced chorizo mixed through
15.00 lunch, chia seed pudding with berries and nuts + small amount of cold meats and cheese
20.30 late dinner, chicken and chorizo enchiladas using low carb wrabs (4g) and salad.
Snack 2x Squares of 90%chocolate.