rude people
I've lost 5 kg in 6 months , I don't weigh much and it's a small victory for me

Reactions: Prancy

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
14.5kg lost in the past year, 6.6 of that in past 8 weeks. Still got a fair way to go (18kg) before I hit my ultimate goal weight but only 3kg until I hit my first target.

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
15kgs in 3 months

slowed down and lost a further 2kgs

so 17kgs in the last year now trying to maintain that weight which is hard.

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
14kg since December 21 . Another 2kg and I'll be happy

CatrinJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cheese and Tories,
Today I weigh 122.2kg so in 121 days since type 2 diagnosis I have lost 22.2kg in all. Rate of loss has slowed a lot over time, 3.3kg so far in October so might be able to make it 3.5kg by the end of the month.

Reactions: catinahat

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
Hi all, I'm now down 17kg in total too much for me now. Friends and family saying I'm looking v skinny and gaunt. Now it caught in a conundrum how to put on few pound without compromising by BG's.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, I'm now down 17kg in total too much for me now. Friends and family saying I'm looking v skinny and gaunt. Now it caught in a conundrum how to put on few pound without compromising by BG's.
People told me that, but I ignored them and my look has filled out overtime. Weight hasn't changed but they think it has.

Josieee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
32 lbs from May to September this year. Currently 129 lbs and pretty stable here but once good weather comes again going to try to bring that down to low 120s. I probably lost more than that but only measured my weight when I was 161. I probably was in the 170s but stayed oblivious as I did not want to step on the scale to find out

letsgo182

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m yo-yoing quite a bit and am only around 3kg down from last year. At my best I was 10kg down. New year, I’ll give it another go

Reactions: Josieee

MarkyP2022

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Wet winter nights
Exactly 2 stone off as of this morning since 1st October

Reactions: MrsA2

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Only the first week of the diet but I'm off to a cracking start - a loss of 5lbs. Still a long way to go as I'm now 16st 1lb and could do with losing about 2 more stone - but I've done it before.

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Only the first week of the diet but I'm off to a cracking start - a loss of 5lbs. Still a long way to go as I'm now 16st 1lb and could do with losing about 2 more stone - but I've done it before.
That is great start and thanks for reviving this thread! I’m not in UK so had to look up the stone reference. Are you following a particular food plan?

I’ve been trying to just eat sensibly, since March of this year and count calories. I’m now down 55 pounds and still have about 2 more stone to go.

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is great start and thanks for reviving this thread! I’m not in UK so had to look up the stone reference. Are you following a particular food plan?

I’ve been trying to just eat sensibly, since March of this year and count calories. I’m now down 55 pounds and still have about 2 more stone to go.
Hi @Prancy well it wouldn't be accurate to say that I am following a rigid plan but I am being ultra careful. I don't calorie count as I want to live as near a normal life as posssibleand most people don't count calories.

I do fingerprick before and after every meal so I'm learning what foods I can and cannot eat. For example, I can eat up to 2 slices of ancient grain bread without much effect but cheap wholemeal will send me through the roof. I can have berries but pineapple is a no-go.

Potatoes are my nemesis so they are no longer on the menu, nor is couscous but I can handle 40g (raw) of bulghur wheat.

While I'm not calorie counting I am portion controlling and, above all, teaching my body the difference between hunger and thirst. Sounds daft but I do find that sometimes a drink actually solves "supposed" hunger pangs.

The biggest thing is to realise that food is not a "treat", a book, or a trip are treats.

7 years ago I kicked my diabetes into remission but let things go. Well, I'm back and a little bruised but fundamentally unharmed and I'm da*mned if this condition is going to beat it - I am going to beat it!!

Brilliant news about your weight loss and really sounds as though you are on the right path.

Reactions: aylalake and Prancy

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Welshman1952 , it sounds as if you have a good strategy and lots of motivation to meet your goals. I sometimes think T2 is more challenging in some ways, because the carb issue. As T1, I can take insulin to cover my carbs ( on pump) , so I can indulge within reason. Still, I do pretty low carb, though I don’t intend to, I try to stay away from sweets and certain things like watermelon, which I love! Spikes me for some reason.

Good luck on meeting your goals. I’ll keep check on this thread. Maybe, others will post here too.