• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Coffee and unsweetened almond milk x 1
Tuna sweetcorn cherry tomatoes
Brie
Corned Beef
 
Breakfast: Chocolate Surreal with strawberries and coconut milk washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: cheese and mushroom omelette.

2026-09-24 19.04.35.jpeg
 
Breakfast eggs on LC toast.
Lunch was a big salad which included tuna, feta and olives followed by raspberries and coconut cream.
Dinner was a pasty made from Panda suet flour and filled with beef skirt, shallots and celeriac ( instead of the traditional potato) a blob of LC brown sauce with it.
0b701c7d049d97a1e082c21242825ed2.jpg
 
Yesterday's dinner was my usual fish Friday salmon and veggies
Today
Breakfast poached egg on LC toast
Lunch nuts, cheese and seeded crackers followed by hm LC scone with clotted cream
Dinner chicken curry sprinkled with coriander then half a LC lemon muffin.
 
Black coffee until lunch of smoked salmon, cream cheese and avocado on LC toast. Montezuma’s AB
Dinner was roast duck 1/4 with cabbage, roast celeriac and a small roast carrot. Slice of LC lemon cake.
c90cc304bb3e3ffc379004e0b67dd26d.jpg
 
Today and yesterday I’ve eaten the exact same food!
Breakfast: Chocolate Surreal with strawberries and coconut milk washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: strawberry and halloumi salad with lemon and balsamic dressing. Followed by low carb brownie and Greek yoghurt.

2026-09-25 18.57.08.jpeg
 
Breakfast kefir and low carb granola then a slice of LC toast topped with almond butter
Lunch a few nuts, four seeded crackers and a piece of vintage cheddar then a LC scone with clotted cream
Dinner roast chicken dinner with half a sausage, broccoli, braised celery and a few carrots served with chicken stock I braised the celery in.
1790531061408.jpg
 
Didn’t deliberately have breakfast but nibbled on raw veg and cheese as I was prepping for big family Sunday lunch.
Lunch was roast topside, roast celeriac, cauli cheese, sprouts with bacon, green beans with flaked almonds, olive oil and lemon. Berries and cream for pud.
This evening I had a few nuts and some feta as meds have to be taken in the evening with food.
d1c978c7a1aa6b2076b9604490fe6eb3.jpg
 
Breakfast roasted tomatoes in olive oil served on LC toast topped with a poached egg.
Lunch nuts and a small piece of vintage cheddar followed by a hm LC almond, cinnamon and walnut cookie baked this morning - rest safe in freezer!
1790616303459.jpg
Dinner salads, kimchi and left over roast chicken followed by half a slice of a hm LC fruit cake/loaf. I dehydrated blueberries a few days ago for the fruit content. Sliced the fruit loaf and most now in freezer - just a few slices stored in fridge for next few days
1790616303377.jpg
 
Breakfast roasted tomatoes in olive oil served on LC toast topped with a poached egg.
Lunch nuts and a small piece of vintage cheddar followed by a hm LC almond, cinnamon and walnut cookie baked this morning - rest safe in freezer!
View attachment 76036
Dinner salads, kimchi and left over roast chicken followed by half a slice of a hm LC fruit cake/loaf. I dehydrated blueberries a few days ago for the fruit content. Sliced the fruit loaf and most now in freezer - just a few slices stored in fridge for next few days
View attachment 76037

Impressive self control with those cookies. I made some a few weeks ago and ate the lot within 3 days!
The fruitcake looks super. Apart from the blueberries ( I have cranberries) what recipe did you use? I was thinking recently that I’d love a fruitcake at Christmas.
 
Breakfast was 2 scrambled eggs and a slice of ham.
Lunch some slices of posh salami, olives, feta, nuts and seedy crackers ( these are back in my M&S now after a worrying few weeks absence). Berries and cream.
636e8309801cd72f74afe1838c3cdb61.jpg


Dinner was a pot pie made with leftover pasty meat and topped with Panda suet pastry. 4 sq Montezuma’s AB
 
Impressive self control with those cookies. I made some a few weeks ago and ate the lot within 3 days!
The fruitcake looks super. Apart from the blueberries ( I have cranberries) what recipe did you use? I was thinking recently that I’d love a fruitcake at Christmas.
I used the Panda Christmas cake recipe. I've got it on a Panda recipe laminated card from last year. Notice it's not on the Panda recipe site. If you haven't got it let me know and I'll take a photo of the card and post it here.
 
Impressive self control with those cookies. I made some a few weeks ago and ate the lot within 3 days!
The fruitcake looks super. Apart from the blueberries ( I have cranberries) what recipe did you use? I was thinking recently that I’d love a fruitcake at Christmas.
1790627077436.jpg
1790627077660.jpg
I used dehydrated blueberries not cranberries I prefer cranberries but didn't have any to hand.I used a 2 pound loaf tin and because it was deeper needed to cook it for another 10 mins ie 80 mins. Otherwise I followed recipe. I didn't add the finish but would probably have a go at that next time. Hope this is useful.
 
View attachment 76044
View attachment 76045
I used dehydrated blueberries not cranberries I prefer cranberries but didn't have any to hand.I used a 2 pound loaf tin and because it was deeper needed to cook it for another 10 mins ie 80 mins. Otherwise I followed recipe. I didn't add the finish but would probably have a go at that next time. Hope this is useful.

Yes, very useful, thank you. That’s on my baking list for next week!
 
Breakfast kefir and LC granola then a poached egg on LC toast
Made some wonderful LC parkin today
I did use the optional few dates and think it definitely made it stickier worth the few extra carbs
1790698565327.jpg
Lunch piece of parkin and small bit of vintage cheddar
Dinner cod in sauce with peas and beans.
 
Last edited:
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk x 1
Cottage cheese
Smoked salmon
Ice cream low carb home made
 
No breakfast then a packed lunch of cheese and ham LC roll and a few nuts.
Granddaughter’s birthday tea, her favourite meal as luck would have it, is my low carb Instant Pot ham and cabbage soup - so that’s what we all had. Banana and choc chip birthday cake for her and a LC brownie for me.
 
Breakfast kefir and LC granola then a poached egg on LC toast
Made some wonderful LC parkin today
I did use the optional few dates and think it definitely made it stickier worth the few extra carbs
View attachment 76046
Lunch piece of parkin and small bit of vintage cheddar
Dinner cod in sauce with peas and beans.

I’ve not tried the additional dates method but you say it’s worth the extra carbs? I like the original but you’ve convinced me to push the boat out next baking day.
 
Breakfast - toasted microwave mug bread topped with M&S seedy nut butter.
Lunch - IP egg bites with kimchi, 4 Sq Montezuma’s AB.
Dinner- Plaice fillets and cherry toms cooked in oven drizzled with olive oil . Baked veg ( aubergine, mushrooms, shallot and red pepper) and a dollop of fishmonger’s hollandaise sauce. LC brownie to follow.
09bc0965a47a64974c2909cf6952240c.jpg
 
Back
Top