At what week did your appointments change from once a month to once a fortnight?

tigger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
registrars asking silly questions
I can't remember and forgot to ask the last time.

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wish mines did. Most of the diabetics I know have had weekly appointments at our hospital

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was induced at 36 weeks so perhaps mine may have changed later, but the closest I had appointments was 3 weeks. They were every 4 weeks even near the end of pregnancy as my control was very good.

Having said that, I saw my local midwife every 4 weeks and that increased to every two weeks after 28 weeks.

I can't remember exactly with my previous pregnancies but I think it went up to every two weeks at around 30ish weeks but that was because they had a worry about the amniotic fluid.

tigger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
registrars asking silly questions
Lucky escape on my part. I get seen very early as I refer myself in via my consultant's secretary (from call to next weekly clinic (1-6 days) and then it's every 4 weeks maybe because my control is good. It's still at 4 weeks and my next one is at 32 weeks (last was at 28 wks). I do remember they got more frequent at the end but only got to 33+4 with the twins and have a vague memory of them saying 34 weeks would be good but I just needed blood pressure and urine so could do it through my GP's midwife. I organised that and then had to cancel as the babies came earlier......

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I was every 2w from the start -maybe had one 4w apart around the 24w mark.

D

Deleted member 83869

I am 9 weeks and since I found out at 4 weeks I have had weekly appointments with the Consultant, which has helped alot!